Urban Meyer on Miami Job

8 of 11 of those title were between 1983 and 2001. That trend is dead, over...long gone. For example, the state of Florida only has 1 title in the last decade, and outside of that blip, the state of Florida hasn’t even sniffed title contention in **** near 12 years.

The downward trend in state of Florida footbal is unmistakable, striking, and quite obvious to everyone.

The only people that still view the state of Florida football as some dominant beast are people that life in Florida. The rest of America no longer views Florida football that way...hasn’t been that way in 10 years.

Also, of the 4 CFP teams, here are the number of starters from the state of Florida:

Oklahoma: ZERO
Ohio State: 2
LSU: ZERO
Clemson: ZERO
Pffft. Lmao
That's fvckin' bull****.
How many out-of-state coaches do you talk to?

Because the ones I talk to think we have the best players in the world.

Advertisement
I think this post says a lot. The top schools still cherry pick the best kids from Florida, but they don’t build through Florida. Bama and LSU build through LA, MS, AL, and Texas. Georgia and Clemson build through Georgia and the Carolinas. OSU builds through Ohio and the northeast with a strong national presence as well. OU goes through Texas.

It’s tougher to build a strong foundation for a team through Florida players.
This argument is so silly.
It's college football. Generally every program builds from within their region. Why would a program from Alabama be made up of majority Florida players? That doesn't even make sense. And it's impossible. There's too many Florida kids to go around to the other Elite programs.

Thank you.

I’ve been beating this drum for YEARS. Florida kids are stupider and softer than kids from other parts of America.

“But but but....south florida, bro!” Lmao.

Well now one of the greatest and most respected college football minds has told you what’s up.
So stupid and soft that there's more of them in the NFL than any other state. This post is retarded. LOL

How the f*ck are schools not centrally located to florida gonna build their teams...THROUGH florida. Some of yall are just silly , dyslexic, or dont understand recruiting.

Every school in the nation recruits florida hard from div 1 to Niaa. They burn up their resources to recruit Florida. They put their best recruiters in FLORIDA....what dont you ninjas get??...

Then go on to post..." look Ohio State recruits Ohio".."bAMA RECRUITS aLABAMA" ..some of the dumbest sh*t i see posted on here over and over.

They only could "CHERRY PICK" as most schools have to recruit around their base locally. The only school you can lay claim to is UGA.....But even that is debunked as they PAY the most money for south florida kids yearly..them mfers drop BAGS...and they aint doing it up and down the Carolinas..lol They paying for unofficial visits.

Its tougher to build a strong foundation for a team through FLA players by out of state schools because EVERY ONE is here recruiting and you wont land them all.
Bro how is this not common sense? LOL

You guys keep saying this, and we just keep pointing out that the best teams have hardly any impact players from Florida, and especially not from south Florida. Why don't you prove us wrong with some facts other than "2001" and "look at the draft".

Okay...Like you just dont get it...but anyway.

Clemson won the MNC just last year:

Their best corner was from .........FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. Trayvon Mullen. - Declared as a Junior or he still would be on the team...but yunno...too good. lol.Their starting HBACK is from...ORLANDO, FLA. The year b4 their 2 best wr's were from Florida and what do you know...they left to the nfl as juniors.
Like you are the reason i know FLOCKA is still prevalent in Panama City.

Bama was loaded up and down with florida impact kids dont got to list them

Your all over the place...i dont know if your basing it just on this year...or what but you can ***** it anyway you want...your wrong either way.

I mean the mythical National Champion team UCF is based in FLORIDA..lmao

Advertisement
Lame. I guess Clemson and LSU and Ohio State are racist too, considering they hardly recruit south Florida anymore.

LSU is knee deep in south florida every year...they just dont LAND our kids as much. **** they are likely gonna get 2 olinemen from one school in south florida in this class. But they recruit hard down here..just got outbidded by Tx A&m on a former Um commit

Clemson hasnt been a real big big factor in south florida...they kinda hone in on whom they want to put their efforts on and load up there...but they still arent doing bad as they are snatching 2 OLINEMAN as well from Broward County alone from the last 2 classes. They have already offered 2 under classmen from my alma mater

Ohio State has been in south florida for years on top of years....the only thing has change is their bag man went off his rocker last year and sunk the URB ship. The best 2 players to come out of the school recently are 2 brothers from Pembroke Pines.

Stay off the FLOCK

This argument is so silly.
It's college football. Generally every program builds from within their region. Why would a program from Alabama be made up of majority Florida players? That doesn't even make sense. And it's impossible. There's too many Florida kids to go around to the other Elite programs.
There’s too many Florida kids, but no elite team can have them as a significant chunk of their roster. That makes no sense.

I have two words why the draft isnt the most accurate barometer of what you can win with. Ereck Flowers. Kid went first round do yall remember him just anihilating kids on the Oline me neither

Ereck Flowers is still an NFL Starter. You remember Chance Warmack or Ari Koundjou the all world Bama ol's...Yea me neither.

Why does Bama put a bigger emphasis on LA and GA most years? They’re not in state. OU does great in Texas. That’s not in state. Texas and GA for sure supply as many or more impact players to title contenders at this point. Everyone that matters recruits in GA and Texas, too.

Y’all get so in your feelings when people criticize Florida high school football. It’s still one of the best states to find good players, but it’s by no means head and shoulders above GA, TX, LA, CA, etc... and the culture in Florida, particularly south Florida, makes recruiting there a nightmare. That’s why elite teams only come for elite players. That’s part of what Urban is speaking too.

It takes an elite and special coach to navigate Florida and the type of athletes there. That’s why the big 3 have been stuck in the dark ages lately.

What??? I mean i shouldnt have to do this...simple geography and common sense should be able to figure out the answers to your sh*t questions.

Oklahoma borders Texas AND LINES UP IN THE SAME CONFERENCE. Its a natural rival to them. Texas is a football state...with alot of athletes to go around with their flagship school being a sh*t show for years. Yea they can live off of recruiting texas. They would NEVER be a major factor in Florida as our kids arent singing up to go that way to live in droves. But they still dibble and dabble and get a guy here or there.

Bama borders Georgia AND LINES UP IN THE SAME CONFERENCE. Bama does not put a bigger emphasis on La and Ga. **** they are another bunch that pays kids to come up their for unofficials...and have literally hired guys for the SOLE PURPOSE of recruiting South Florida. Mario Cristobal wasnt hired because of his coaching technique with the ol, Joe Pannunzio, etc. And if you really knew your sh*t..you would know that NICK f8ckin Saban has been recruiting south florida HARD for over 20 + years. Ninja was living in Broward County when he was at Michigan State of all places.

Florida football is head and shoulders above the states listed for many reasons. Urban would kill...and may have while he was in Gainesville to have these kids that you guys think he is giving more than coach speak about.

The big 3 have been down because the Big 3 has hired sh*t coaches all of em. Eventually 1 of em will hit again and it would be a MNC in less than 2 years...**** Jimbo snatched one real quick at FSU not to long ago.

ALL that being said and even with all my south florida bias....i have even backed away from the ledge and said a good mix of SOUTH FLORIDA ELITE talent and big time out of state guys gets Miami back on track. As the current set up and years of losing/ poor coaching hires has put us at a deficit with these kids. In this current class i feel we have 2 elite kids as verbal commits from south florida. So thats a start...2 real good classes will chip away at us becoming back relevant with the right coaching staff ( i dont think this current 1 is it)

Advertisement

Start at 7:00

His reasoning for USC being an elite job is proximity to recruits yet he claims Miami is not. He says HS coaches are paid better in Ga and Tx but says nothing of Cal HS coaches. It just sounds to me like he is trying to get hired by USC.

He shades the state because UF fans sh*t on him...its kind aobvious at this point. What jack *** says USC is an elite job because of proximity to recruit yet Miami isnt. UM and USC are the 2 schools the most similar to each other in alot of aspects.

He shades the state because UF fans sh*t on him...its kind aobvious at this point. What jack *** says USC is an elite job because of proximity to recruit yet Miami isnt. UM and USC are the 2 schools the most similar to each other in alot of aspects.

I said the same thing when I watched it live. He feels some type of way towards the state of florida. Ohio State is great job because of the proximity of recruits but not Miami. FOH

No offense man, I love you like a brother, but you are starting to sound like dannyboy in these discussions. Any commentary around FL football that rubs you wrong vs your preferred narrative, you just repeat stuff and claim facts. I’m starting to believe you think that passes for logic and aren’t just trolling.

Football is complicated. CFB is complicated. Resources matter, plans matter, technology matters, culture matters, players matter, fit for scheme matters and yes, coaching matters. Rosters are 85 scholarships, ideally spread out across classes and position groups, plus walk ons. You would have everyone believe our rosters have been awesome becuase a few kids go to the nfl. Maybe, maybe not. Your ‘facts‘ don’t answer the question and you consistently refuse to even acknowledge are relevant considerations other than a few nfl kids to look at. You claim titles won by FL teams proves something. But those teams had some legendary coaches and HOF players. The ‘facts‘ also show that we don’t win without great coaches (save one title under Coker won by the GOAT cfb team). And we do not seem to have HOF players these days. Why? Bad luck?

In your narrative, it’s just bad luck we have had awful coaches, and a decent coach would naturally get everything right at UM. Yet we hire incompetents. The same admin that has no idea what the program needs, or what type of coach it needs, or how to evaluate coaches, also hires those coaches and manages support and resources. There are a lot of things we should do better or differently. Yes, we need better coaching. MUCH better, in my view. That is part of it. It ain’t the only thing.

When you can’t respond with substance, you cut and paste this exact rant. The only thing you change is the opening insult, which signals that we are about to get a bunch of nothing.

This is a topic about Florida players and their ability to sustain a premier program. Read the OP. Nobody is talking about our administration except you.

Do you agree with Urban that it is harder to win at FSU and Miami because their local talent pool (Florida players) isn’t as prepared out of high school? If so, why have schools like Texas and Georgia not been as successful as FSU and Miami over the past 50 years?

Six different coaches have won 8 championships at FSU and Miami. If you add Florida, it’s 8 coaches winning 11 championships. There is overwhelming proof of concept. Good coaching plus Florida players equals championships.

We’ve either had good coaches or unemployable coaches, with nothing in between. The good coaches won big. The bad coaches were banished from head coaching.

Why have we made the wrong hires over two presidents and four ADs? I’ve gone over this in detail in threads that actually pertain to that topic. But the summary is that we’ve been too reactionary. We hire the opposite of the coach we just fired instead of looking forward. More specifically, we have not hired offensive coaches with a proprietary system in an era where offense is taking over the game.

There is no “narrative.” That’s just a buzzword you use to discredit stats you can’t counter. But if I have a fundamental belief, it’s that our condition is not permanent. Coaches change. ADs change, and even bad ADs can make good hires. But the talent pool hasn’t gone anywhere.

That’s why the NFL Draft numbers matter. In an era where football participation is declining, Florida talent keeps separating from the pack. And as long as Miami is still attached to the state, a good coach will have the ability to win big here.

LSU is knee deep in south florida every year...they just dont LAND our kids as much. **** they are likely gonna get 2 olinemen from one school in south florida in this class. But they recruit hard down here..just got outbidded by Tx A&m on a former Um commit

Clemson hasnt been a real big big factor in south florida...they kinda hone in on whom they want to put their efforts on and load up there...but they still arent doing bad as they are snatching 2 OLINEMAN as well from Broward County alone from the last 2 classes. They have already offered 2 under classmen from my alma mater

Ohio State has been in south florida for years on top of years....the only thing has change is their bag man went off his rocker last year and sunk the URB ship. The best 2 players to come out of the school recently are 2 brothers from Pembroke Pines.

Stay off the FLOCK
Did this MF'er just say Clemson, OSU and LSU hardly recruit South Florida anymore?

Lmao. Wow.

Advertisement
Spot on, and evidenced by the CFP participates having only 3 FL players amongst them in their 2-deep. OSU has a whopping 2, Clemson 1, and OU and LSU have none!

These schools are winning big, developing players and putting them in the NFL draft left and right, and not even thinking twice about some **** Florida football or the myth of this deep pool of great FL players.
Not thinking twice about it yet they're down here every year dropping bags for our best players. LOL ok

Okay...Like you just dont get it...but anyway.

Clemson won the MNC just last year:

Their best corner was from .........FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. Trayvon Mullen. - Declared as a Junior or he still would be on the team...but yunno...too good. lol.Their starting HBACK is from...ORLANDO, FLA. The year b4 their 2 best wr's were from Florida and what do you know...they left to the nfl as juniors.
Like you are the reason i know FLOCKA is still prevalent in Panama City.

Bama was loaded up and down with florida impact kids dont got to list them

Your all over the place...i dont know if your basing it just on this year...or what but you can ***** it anyway you want...your wrong either way.

I mean the mythical National Champion team UCF is based in FLORIDA..lmao

You keep proving the point. You cherry-pick a handful of names off of 100-man rosters. Georgia has 88 kids from Georgia on their roster, but "THEY HAVE A DB FROM MIAMI BEEYATCHES".

Advertisement
If the state of Florida has deep and near infinite pool of elite talent walking around from year to year, as many of you posit, what difference does it make to lose 4-5 elite guys from that pool (spread out over 4-5 out of state teams)? On one hand you can’t talk about how deep and talented the state of Florida is, and other the other cry about a mere fraction of talent getting cherry picked. You can’t have it both ways.

The only way the cherry picking argument (only a handful of guys in play) works and makes a dent into Miami recruiting is if the talent in Florida isn’t as talented or deep as you all say.

In fact, the cherry-picking has been happening for 35 years.

The difference is the training, coaching, and just as important, the talent level in Florida is not as diverse as other talent laden states (Carolinas, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Cali, Virginia, DC Metro, Ohio Valley). Those states gives you the full range of talents: Big/Tall fast WRs, TEs, trench warfare (OL/DL studs), QBs, DBs, RBs, linebackers and the once in a generation athletic freaks.

Florida “mostly” gives you a bunch of fast, skinny guys. What did Mark Richt say his first day meeting the team: “Where are the big dudes”?
I thought he said “where’s the speed?”

Did this MF'er just say Clemson, OSU and LSU hardly recruit South Florida anymore?

Lmao. Wow.

Instead of "LMAO", "Wow", and "Yeah okay" type responses, why don't you guys explain why four years of recruiting among the top four teams has resulted in fewer than five impact players? I mean, I've heard that those schools live in south Florida and send their best recruiters to south Florida and burn all their resources in south Florida......but there is very little evidence of that.

Why does the state of Florida have the most players in the NFL? (particularly South Florida, in a landslide)

More relevant is that the best teams in the country have very few impact players. Who cares if a guy from Jacksonville goes off to play for Bowling Green and ends up getting drafted?

Why does the state of Florida have the most players in the NFL? (particularly South Florida, in a landslide)

I really think this is the only relevant stat to both other team's success at the national level in addition to our inability to coach these kids while at Miami. Most high school players across the country don't fully develop in high school (and if they do, 90% chance they'd just burn out). Obviously the development has to continue in college to get to the pros, and we see top-notch programs are successful in that department; at Miami, however, each staff over the past two decades or so has consistently failed to tap into their players' full potential. By the time someone does, it's already at the next level. We flat out need to find the right staff to develop these kids, no way around it.

Advertisement
Back