Urban Meyer on Miami Job

It makes more sense because a lot of players just use speed to their advantage. No real coaching you have some kids that its ok but the development of route running and fundamentals may not be the best. Still doesn't excuse 6-6 because a coach will coach that talent.

I think we may know already that our kids are not being coached and that's why we lose. Instead of building fundamentals we look for chains and ****

Advertisement
So in other words old Urb....why has the big 3 glamour schools woon more than the USC and UGA's of the world. In fact in my life time UGA has never won sh*t lol.
That's what he is saying they have great coached kids, but they don't have that talent that takes them over the top. The play maker, Cam newton for example would have not won at Georgia because they would have not used him right. It takes recruiting, development, scheme, staff, and talent. He is one of the coaches that realize what it really takes.

Advertisement
Not a great job but a glamour job. His reason, a lot of Florida HS players are developmental players due to the coaching they receive in High School compared to the LA, Georgia, Ohio areas. He spoke on the high school coaches in some of those areas being paid more. Paid more as we all know sometimes equals higher quality.

Could this be a reason why a lot of our players are actually better in the NFL and don’t develop as much in school. Yes, some of it is on the coaching staffs we have had over the years.

Btw, this was say on Colin Cowherd show.
I 100% agree with this. The high school coaching in other states is waaaaaaaaay better than FL. Night and day.

I spent many years in the DC area and there is no comparison. The coaching and development there makes the coaching in Florida schools look like pop Warner

Advertisement
CFB national titles since 1983:

Florida- 11

The states of Ohio, Georgia, California and Texas combined- 5

Next.
5 of those were Miami between 1983 and 2001. And 2 more for FSU and one for UF in the span alone, so that’s 8 from that 11 in total, from 83 to 01. The state of Florida has fallen back big time in the last 2 decades (19 years)

the game has changed, friend. Clemson is recruiting South Carolina and Georgia primarily and they’re waaaay beyond stacked.

florida talent is waaay more raw and you’re mostly only getting WRs and DBs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Florida loses many top-notch HS coaches to the more lucrative jobs in GA. That's been true for 15 years at least. Randy McPherson is one of the best. Originally from Lake Worth and made his name at Madison County before taking over at Lowndes.

Please explain to me why UM, FSU and UF are among the least disciplined teams year in and out. Also why our players NEVER know the situation and how to react to it. It is sooo frustrating and has to be the coaching from pop warner on up.

We **** sure know how to dance. Miami vs FSU next year should be a dance off

Advertisement
Yet Texas, OSU, USC, & UGA have only won ONE Natty since 2010...tell me again how much CFB has changed...

It’s changed huge. Since 2002 the state of Ohio has 2 (could be 3 this season) state of Alabama 6, Louisiana has 2 (could be 3 this season) California has 2, South Carolina has 2 (could be 3 this season)

Florida has 3 (UF and FSU), but Florida schools haven’t even been in the conversation in nearly a decade.

Of the 4 playoff teams who are they top 5-6 players on each team and what city and state are they from? Are we talking about kids getting drafted or are we talking abt winning championships. MIAMI will always get kids drafted on measurables alone.

Advertisement
Back