Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

he knew of alleged abuse. again, the police took in all the evidence and decided NOT to press charges.

So......you think images of her having bruises are not permissable evidence? There's also a text exchange between Courtney and Zach Smith where Zach Smith literally apologizes for all of the abuse he put her through. It's one thing to remain neutral and realistic until all of the facts came out. But there's enough evidence to prove that Zach Smith did beat his wife and that Urban found out about it. You're going out of your way to argue in favor of Urban in this case. Very telling.

Advertisement
So......you think images of her having bruises are not permissable evidence? There's also a text exchange between Courtney and Zach Smith where Zach Smith literally apologizes for all of the abuse he put her through. It's one thing to remain neutral and realistic until all of the facts came out. But there's enough evidence to prove that Zach Smith did beat his wife and that Urban found out about it. You're going out of your way to argue in favor of Urban in this case. Very telling.

you can try to question my motive all you want, it wont make your arguments any better. its not about what i think happened. its about what the police, who did collect all permissible evidence, decided not to do.

and no, im defending my original point, which is if this happened to a successful coach at miami, id want him kept, too.

someone objected to that, saying it was an immoral stance and further proof of what is going wrong with the world. i am now countering that by saying the only thing wrong here, is that the people that OUGHT to be held accountable for their own actions, are not, AND people are looking for a scapegoat in a head coach of a football team, that did not physically assault anyone, that did not NOT pursue charges that he shouldve, or did not NOT investigate & press charges when given evidence.

Well, if Urban had fired Zach Smith this wouldn't have been an issue. Zach Smith (once the report came out), was indeed fired (a week before Big 10 Media Day).

Urban's now on the hook because he knew (not allegedly) and still kept Smith on the staff. Urban had the choice to retain/fire and went with the former. That's why people are getting on Meyer.

It's the same reason why people piled on Joe Paterno regarding the Sandusky incident. He wasn't the one abusing children. But he knew about it and did absolutely nothing.

you can try to question my motive all you want, it wont make your arguments any better. its not about what i think happened. its about what the police, who did collect all permissible evidence, decided not to do.

Your arguments aren't exactly flawless either, my friend.

Well, if Urban had fired Zach Smith this wouldn't have been an issue. Zach Smith (once the report came out), was indeed fired (a week before Big 10 Media Day).

Urban's now on the hook because he knew (not allegedly) and still kept Smith on the staff. Urban had the choice to retain/fire and went with the former. That's why people are getting on Meyer.

It's the same reason why people piled on Joe Paterno regarding the Sandusky incident. He wasn't the one abusing children. But he knew about it and did absolutely nothing.

the sandusky incident involved children and is a completely different matter.

in this case, you have grown adults, not children, and the police did get involved several times and every time, charges were not pursued. completely different scenario. meyer didnt cover up any unknown alleged crimes.

Advertisement
the sandusky incident involved children and is a completely different matter.

in this case, you have grown adults, not children, and the police did get involved several times and every time, charges were not pursued. completely different scenario. meyer didnt cover up any unknown alleged crimes.

I don't think you're catching the point on how college football works in these college towns.

But if your only point was you wouldn't want a UM coach fired that's cool. It's your opinion.

But I really would stop commenting further on details and events bc you've been incorrect a few times already.

Advertisement
But if your only point was you wouldn't want a UM coach fired that's cool. It's your opinion.

But I really would stop commenting further on details and events bc you've been incorrect a few times already.

the only thing ive been incorrect on was that the police didnt get involved early on with the sandusky stuff. but, my point still remains that the two situations are completely different.

ive been wrong on nothing else.

so dramatic, man. urban didn't beat anyone. these are grown-*** adults who need to be accountable for their own actions. sign of the times is blaming everyone else for people's own issues and problems.

nah...

1. A former player he enabled killed a man

2. One assistant that has been with him his entire coaching career was beating his wife with Meyer's knowledge.

3. His former assistant coach just coached a kid to death.

4. He lies on national television and questions the integrity of a battered woman whom he'd turned his back on for a decade.

Urban didn't beat anyone but he enabled and covered for the men who beat women and eventually kill other men and teenagers.

Dude isn't good for College ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
nah...

1. A former player he enabled killed a man

2. One assistant that has been with him his entire coaching career was beating his wife with Meyer's knowledge.

3. His former assistant coach just coached a kid to death.

4. He lies on national television and questions the integrity of a battered woman who he'd turn his back on for a decade.

Urban didn't beat anyone but he enabled and covered for the men who beat women and eventually kill other men and teenagers.

Dude isn't good for College ball.

yea, you just made a whole list of displacing blame and responsibility from other grown *** adults. thank you, because that's the EXACT behavior that i was referring to.

"enabled"? LOL.

Lol at anyone naive enough to use the ole "well Colubus PD didn't find enough to press charges". I'm sure the authorities in the major college cities the football team IS the city are chomping at the bit to arrest high profile staff members associated with said institution.

Lol at anyone naive enough to use the ole "well Colubus PD didn't find enough to press charges". I'm sure the authorities in the major college cities the football team IS the city are chomping at the bit to arrest high profile staff members associated with said institution.

My follow up to that is why hire him after 2009?

Advertisement
Back