Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

lol @ anyone thinking osu was gonna let urban go

urban would have to murder his kids, burn his wife alive and say "**** osu!" to get fired

Advertisement
so dramatic, man. urban didn't beat anyone. these are grown-*** adults who need to be accountable for their own actions. sign of the times is blaming everyone else for people's own issues and problems.

I think you're missing the point. Since Urban and his wife are both employees of the university. It is their duty to report any type of abuse as it relates to Ohio State. employees.

Meyer has known about it for years and did nothing. He could've fired Zach Smith for undisclosed reasons and if this came out, Meyer would be in the clear. Instead, he always covered up for Zach Smith and turned the other eye because Smith is the grandson of Urban's mentor.

I think you're missing the point. Since Urban and his wife are both employees of the university. It is their duty to report any type of abuse as it relates to Ohio State. employees.

Meyer has known about it for years and did nothing. He could've fired Zach Smith for undisclosed reasons and if this came out, Meyer would be in the clear. Instead, he always covered up for Zach Smith and turned the other eye because Smith is the grandson of Urban's mentor.

no, i just fundamentally disagree with who is ultimately held responsible for what. if she was assaulted, she needs to goto the police, file a report, have an investigation, and then press charges. did all of these things happen? if not, why? outside of that happening, urban couldn't have "known" anything.

no, i just fundamentally disagree with who is ultimately held responsible for what. if she was assaulted, she needs to goto the police, file a report, have an investigation, and then press charges. did all of these things happen? if not, why?

Because Urban and his wife got to her first and coerced her not to go to the police in 2009 that we know of. I think they are still investigating the 2015 events right now, and who did what.

I'd start by reading this if you arent sure on all the facts so far

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...buse-texts-put-urban-meyer-in-crosshairs/amp/

no, i just fundamentally disagree with who is ultimately held responsible for what. if she was assaulted, she needs to goto the police, file a report, have an investigation, and then press charges. did all of these things happen? if not, why? outside of that happening, urban couldn't have "known" anything.

It actually did happen.

Urban's wife and Zach Smith's wife exchanged a crap load of text messages detailing what was going on. That makes the assumption that Urban knew, which he revealed later on that he actually knew about the abuse in 2015...and did nothing.

Do you actually know what's going on? Because all of these details are public knowledge.

Advertisement
It actually did happen.

Urban's wife and Zach Smith's wife exchanged a crap load of text messages detailing what was going on. That makes the assumption that Urban knew, which he revealed later on that he actually knew about the abuse in 2015...and did nothing.

Do you actually know what's going on? Because all of these details are public knowledge.

do you actually know whats going on? you saying he did nothing about the 2015 alleged abuse tells me otherwise

Because Urban and his wife got to her first and coerced her not to go to the police in 2009 that we know of. I think they are still investigating the 2015 events right now, and who did what.

I'd start by reading this if you arent sure on all the facts so far

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...buse-texts-put-urban-meyer-in-crosshairs/amp/

right, so whatever happened in 2009... SHE decided not to pursue charges? thats on her and her alone. thats where the responsibility lies at that point. no one else.

It actually did happen.

charges were not pursued by the police in the 2015 incident.. why?

Urban Meyer is under fire for handling of domestic abuse claims. But what about the police?

do you actually know whats going on? you saying he did nothing about the 2015 alleged abuse tells me otherwise

Yes, I do know what's going on. So does everyone else in the country that doesn't have their head buried in the sand.

- Zach Smith's wife and Urban's wife had a number of text messages detailing the abuse she went through by her husband (WR coach)
- Urban and his wife are employees of Ohio State. They're obligated to report any abuse per Title IX
- Urban stated at Big10 media day he didn't know about abuse. Later on said that he knew and went to superiors.
- Zach Smith was also reported to have abuse his then pregnant wife in 2009 when he was a GA/QC at Florida.
- Zach Smith (during the investigation) was charged with DUI in 2013.

These are the public details that are out there right now for consumption. I don't have any inside knowledge, nor need it in this case.

Urban did nothing in 2015, because he kept Zach Smith on the staff.

This could've been avoided if he simply went to Gene Smith (Ohio State's AD) and let him know what's going and proceeded to fire him. Urban would've been in the clear and it would've sent the right message. Instead, he protected this guy.

Advertisement
I'm not here to debate you morally. Your first comments and questions showed you really didnt know all of the facts that have been made public so I was linking the actual stories where the information was located. It's just reading material about the events. Everyone can come to their own judgement. If courtney smith was my daughter and this type of cover up was going on I would be upset with everyone involved, though.

Police, court documents detail history of abuse, intimidation by ex-Ohio State assistant Zach Smith

I'm not here to debate you morally. Your first comments and questions showed you really didnt know all of the facts that have been made public so I was linking the actual stories where the information was located. It's just reading material about the events. Everyone can come to their own judgement. If courtney smith was my daughter and this type of cover up was going on I would be upset with everyone involved, though.

Police, court documents detail history of abuse, intimidation by ex-Ohio State assistant Zach Smith

which facts? the ones where she didnt press charges in 2009? or where the police didnt pursue charges in 2015? or where meyer indicated that he followed proper protocol in reporting the 2015 incident to OSU?

Advertisement
Yes, I do know what's going on. So does everyone else in the country that doesn't have their head buried in the sand.

- Zach Smith's wife and Urban's wife had a number of text messages detailing the abuse she went through by her husband (WR coach)
detailing what zach smith's wife was alleging happened to her to urbans wife (not urban), yes

- Urban and his wife are employees of Ohio State. They're obligated to report any abuse per Title IX
any and all alleged abuse or actual witnessed abuse? honest question here

- Urban stated at Big10 media day he didn't know about abuse. Later on said that he knew and went to superiors.
correct. i dont personally care that he wasnt upfront with some reporters at big10 media day about this. if lying to or keeping information from reporters is a fireable offense, well then...

- Zach Smith was also reported to have abuse his then pregnant wife in 2009 when he was a GA/QC at Florida.
correct, but she decided not to press charges

- Zach Smith (during the investigation) was charged with DUI in 2013.
not a good decision on his part. i, along with a lot of people i know, have been lucky enough to have never been busted for this. i know plenty of otherwise good people who have.

These are the public details that are out there right now for consumption. I don't have any inside knowledge, nor need it in this case.

Urban did nothing in 2015, because he kept Zach Smith on the staff.
you said above that he claimed he went to his superiors, though. thats not doing nothing. and ultimately, charges were not pursued for this incident.

This could've been avoided if he simply went to Gene Smith (Ohio State's AD) and let him know what's going and proceeded to fire him. Urban would've been in the clear and it would've sent the right message. Instead, he protected this guy.
he didnt protect anyone. IF the allegations are true, zach smith's own wife protected him in 2009, and her lack of actual evidence/the police protected him in 2015.

lol @ anyone thinking osu was gonna let urban go

urban would have to murder his kids, burn his wife alive and say "**** osu!" to get fired

Part of me is still praying McMurphy has an ace in his back pocket... but you're 100% right on this

Advertisement

Dude......you're arguing over nothing. First off, the text exchanges did happen and Urban was made aware of it. It was speculation if Urban's wife even let him know. But when you're married that long, there's no way a wife doesn't let her husband know that an employee on his staff is beating his wife. And this letter he sent out PROVES he knew:

In terms of him letting his superiors know. I highly doubt that. Gene Smith would know what this could mean if he stayed on staff at the university given the potential of a title IX investigation. Gene Smith doesn't care about a WR coach, he would've had him fired.

The DUI point was that he mentioned that he kept that information away from Meyer. That's **** near impossible because they'll only allow you to drive to work. That's not included in other states where he has to recruit. I highly doubt that Meyer was not aware of this.

And lastly, Courtney Smith had images of bruises on her body. Whether she pressed charges or not is unrelated at this point. And again, this is a big time cfb program. I wouldn't be surprised if she was persuaded to not press charges.

You seem to be going out of your way to actually support ol' Urbby on this one.

i have and

- she didnt press charges in 2009
- the police didnt pursue charges in 2015
- meyer indicated that he followed proper protocol in reporting the 2015 incident to OSU

Meyer could've controlled whether Smith was on staff after 2015. He knew the abuse was going on and still kept him on staff. That's the bottom line and end of discussion right there.

Meyer could've controlled whether Smith was on staff after 2015. He knew the abuse was going on and still kept him on staff. That's the bottom line and end of discussion right there.

he knew of alleged abuse. again, the police took in all the evidence and decided NOT to press charges.

and no, im defending my original point, which is if this happened to a successful coach at miami, id want him kept, too.

someone objected to that, saying it was an immoral stance and further proof of what is going wrong with the world. i am now countering that by saying the only thing wrong here, is that the people that OUGHT to be held accountable for their own actions, are not, AND people are looking for a scapegoat in a head coach of a football team, that did not physically assault anyone, that did not NOT pursue charges that he shouldve, or did not NOT investigate & press charges when given evidence.

Advertisement
Back