Updates on two WR targets -- Thomas and Pouncey

View as article
If Pouncey intends to wait until NSD to announce, it's going to be overshadowed by whatever Smith and Thomas decide to do. If we miss on those two and officially strike out on every premier WR target, this fan base is going to be in meltdown mode to where no one will care about a Plan C consolation prize.

Aside from the handful of ultimate homers throwing out the "we only want kids who want to be Canes" and "stars don't matter" nonsense.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
IMG_0293.jpg
Thomas, Smith, and Njoku would be a great haul. Is it possible we take 4 WRs including Pouncey? Or just be lucky to get 2/3 or 3/4?

Plenty of scholarships available if they can land all 4.

especially with talk berrios might leave.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HNYNUT_BERRIOS/status/816679469473824769?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Smith is going to bama.

Heard his mentor works for Bama and that's where he wants to go, but seems he's not a take if they get Ruggs who they have higher.

Smith is a take.

If he was a take he'd be committed. He's been trying.

He is a take. He hasnt tried to commit to them because he already is.[/QU

So what? He's keeping it a big secret for NSD?

Advertisement
Heard his mentor works for Bama and that's where he wants to go, but seems he's not a take if they get Ruggs who they have higher.

Smith is a take.

If he was a take he'd be committed. He's been trying.

He is a take. He hasnt tried to commit to them because he already is.[/QU

So what? He's keeping it a big secret for NSD?

He's basically said they told him they are fine waiting for NSD and to take his time....basically Bama is waiting on Ruggs, and then they'll see if they take him.

Why would a guy be a "silent" to Alabaga unless he doesn't have a legit offer? Who does he need to hide that commitment from? Dudes love flaunting their commitment to college football's current giant.

Berrios posted something about getting back to work in the 305. He transferring to play for Corch Botch?

Advertisement
Berrios is a polarizing figure on here. I use to be a big fan..I dont know what to think anymore about him. But I do know I absolutely DO NOT want him to leave. Not every freshmen WR will be AR for those thinking Thomas (if he comes) comes right in and takes his job. We thought the same thing about Sam Bruce and Berrios was lights out in the spring and SB isnt even on the team anymore.

Putting Coley at the slot was Richt trying to "out-smart the room" instead of keeping it simple IMO. Wouldnt be surprised if they tried Mullins in the slot in the Spring this time. Smh. I can see that coming.

As far as Smith, I really think he is still torn between us and Bama. When has any of yall ever heard of a silent commit to Bama all the way to signing day? **** Dylan Moses tried to pull that stunt and Saban all but shut that **** down and he committed early. Bo Scarborough too. So this kid isnt playing any games I think. He really doesnt know. I dont blame him.

We have a very good offer on the table with a QB that he can grow with now that Kaaya is gone (Allison or Weldon or Perry)....AR being a stud opposite him..our program on the up and up...and Richt being a coach he really likes.

Advertisement
Pouncey's QB from HS, nick Sproles, told me Pouncey is all Miami

Nick is a great kid! You live in Orlando? WP? Coached him in basketball. Nick is a Walk on QB for the Gaytes.

I'd be shocked if Jordan doesn't pick Miami. Go Canes!

Alabama's class is 26 deep and they have heavy leads for a few more five star prospects.

Unless Bama loses out on a few, I don't see Smith in the mix there. Just no room. He would be their fourth wide receiver. He might be waiting on Bama, but as signing day approaches, the spots are running out. LSU is waiting on him, but they have Racey McMath waiting for the go ahead to commit. Time is ticking.

Would be a nice series of events to get Smith here.

With that said...I really want Thomas. I think Pouncey would be a nice depth addition to the class. Thomas/Pouncey/Njoku...nice salvage of a class.

Advertisement
Berrios is a polarizing figure on here. I use to be a big fan..I dont know what to think anymore about him. But I do know I absolutely DO NOT want him to leave. Not every freshmen WR will be AR for those thinking Thomas (if he comes) comes right in and takes his job. We thought the same thing about Sam Bruce and Berrios was lights out in the spring and SB isnt even on the team anymore.

Putting Coley at the slot was Richt trying to "out-smart the room" instead of keeping it simple IMO. Wouldnt be surprised if they tried Mullins in the slot in the Spring this time. Smh. I can see that coming.

Not a fan of Berrios; I think the excuse people use for him here that he's playing out of position by not being in the slot is flat out lame. Slot or not, 12 catches in an entire season with the amount of playing time he got is pathetic. That being said it would be pretty awful to lose him just because of #'s. No chance he leaves or transfers though, I don't know where this talk started.

Not a fan of Berrios; I think the excuse people use for him here that he's playing out of position by not being in the slot is flat out lame. Slot or not, 12 catches in an entire season with the amount of playing time he got is pathetic. That being said it would be pretty awful to lose him just because of #'s. No chance he leaves or transfers though, I don't know where this talk started.

There exists a CaneExit Brigade of folks on this board who spend an inordinate of time speculating on which players will leave early
for NFL, transfer to another program or have their scholarship pulled.
If you read their posts regularly, we would be led to believe that we have to replace 70 roster spots this upcoming season.

There exists a CaneExit Brigade of folks on this board who spend an inordinate of time speculating on which players will leave early
for NFL, transfer to another program or have their scholarship pulled.
If you read their posts regularly, we would be led to believe that we have to replace 70 roster spots this upcoming season.

I hear you man. Love reading the board and love reading people's opinions but everything here has to be taken with the lightest grain of salt. That being said, Gus the Bus could get on a Greyhound any day and leave to Syracuse or any other mediocre school!

Advertisement
Back