Updated Rooster

Who was the white LB that signed with us a few years back that played like a missile. Wasn’t he also a neck injury casualty?

Concussions

Josh Witt. He had several in HS as it turned out before Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
KJ isn't proven either. Hightower at least looked decent against LSU last year. I'm looking forward to seeing what KJ can do, but I have a ton of faith in Hightower being a big-time receiver for us.

Hottest hot take of the off season

tenor (10).gif

KJ didn't even lead Buffalo in receiving last year. I'm not against the guy whatsoever, hopefully he adds something to the group. Just not sure how he's this "proven player" filling a "major hole".

He only gives us a legitimate second option and his production singlehandedly equaled our three leading receivers after Thomas last season. We all saw how AR out having no second option hurt.

No big deal though, we had Hightower with his 4 career catches and experience.

Advertisement
Hopefully it’s a good 250lbs. I’m really curious to see how he turns out. Kind of got lost in the shuffle of last years circus and never gets discussed much.

If it was fat *** Gus still running it I’d be a little more worried about bad weight....and I agree that this kid is gettin slept on. I’m excited to see what he brings.

Advertisement
Anyone know what Wilder's plans are? I've read that he's no longer on the football team, but is he going to finish out his degree at UM? Is he transferring somewhere else? Is he seeking second opinions to try and play football again, or has he decided to retire from the sport? All the articles I've read are really skimpy on details.

Just curious and wish the best for him.

Hopefully it’s a good 250lbs. I’m really curious to see how he turns out. Kind of got lost in the shuffle of last years circus and never gets discussed much.
I liked Cam Williams film last year, should be interesting to see how his career goes

Advertisement
QB: 4
RB: 5
WR: 9
TE: 5
OL: 14
DL: 16
LB: 8
DB: 15
K: 1
P: 1

78 scholarship players including Murphy, Few, Hill, Phillips, Osborn, Martell, Bolden, Nnoruka, Traore, Hedley, Kennedy.

We would be in such horrific shape if Richt had not stepped down and Diaz didn't blitzkrieg the portal.
247 counted 79 schollys

While we are at 78, we have a freaking truckload of redshirts in the Freshmen and Sophomore classes that are on ships! I believe we will get to 80-81 depending on Huff, Bolden, and Hill. We can take 25-27 for 2020 so we have to win in '19 to keep the class together and get to 85 kids. We need all 80-81 kids to stay for the season so we can have quality depth!
No the 79 scholarships are if Huff and everyone else gets in. Thats like the max we can have this year.

Advertisement
This situation is so weird. His last listing on 247 was 6'5 215. He was a summer B enrolle so no way that he put on all that weight in our program. I think concerns about bad weight are warranted tbh.
At the end of last season he had an interview or either Ivins reported he was 225 or 230

If 247s transfer portal rankings are correct the only immediately eligible CB that we could get is Tobias Moss from South Alabama. He is from South Florida so I could see it and he’s actually a solid player. The only immediately eligible LB is from Az State and has like 15 tackles in his career mostly on special teams.
If thats the way we wanna go though I expect some more kids to transfer when they dont get their way during fall camp so, if thats what we wanna do, and I dont agree with that route, then we would just wait on those kids.

Advertisement
Back