UPDATED: Max Johnson Commits to LSU

Advertisement
I wonder if Brad Johnson even wants his son to play for Richt and his dip**** son......I sure wouldn't.

Max Johnson's updated completion percentage for his junior season: 38% (79 of 207). Completed just 2/14 passes for 12 yards in a 41-20 victory a few weeks ago. The week before that, according to MaxPreps, he had a QB rating of 1.2%.

38% completions. But he's Mark Richt's nephew. 2020 QB recruiting is gonna be very interesting.

Dude stinks. He’s no different than Sitkowski w/o the size, yet Richt has been recruiting him since 8th grade only b/c of him being his nephew. Nepotism is at a premium w this dude leading us. I’m telling u, our QB recruiting has been completely sabotaged this yr b/c of it.

Max Johnson's updated completion percentage for his junior season: 38% (79 of 207). Completed just 2/14 passes for 12 yards in a 41-20 victory a few weeks ago. The week before that, according to MaxPreps, he had a QB rating of 1.2%.

38% completions. But he's Mark Richt's nephew. 2020 QB recruiting is gonna be very interesting.

Alarming

Advertisement
Had Max not been 6'3" in 7th grade, tearing up camps, we would have never heard of him. He doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot better now than he was when he was 13. He was a legend years ago, but in my eyes he hasn't lived up to the hype.

Advertisement
As I said with ****kowski, keep quarterbacks that are not statistically dominant in high school the **** away. If you are a D1 QB you should be obliterating high school kids.

Maybe he bounces back and has strong senior year, but for now NFL dad and millionaire grandpa need to pay for this kid to walk on if he wants to be a cane.

These are highlights but he can do everything pretty well. He's under center and shows good foot-work to go with nice athleticism for a kid his size. The release has a little wind-up but his old man was successful with it and i'd expect it to speed up with development. I think he's a project with very nice tools, but if you can get Jarren to stay he can redshirt and take a developmental year pr two before ever seeing meaningful snaps. I think the way the QB room shakes out over the spring and if we take a '19 is the most important thing, but you have to project a kid like this into your system and he fits what Richt (a lot of CFB) is trying to do.

I really hope we make a move for Jeff Simms. According to Irvin he was the Alpha Dog at one of Miami camps this summer and clearly outperformed Johnson.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone assumed Max Johnson would come here. There was never anything said or done by either Max/ his family or CMR that indicated that was true. It was said on other sites that Wisconsin was always a real interest for him.

Advertisement
Back