UPDATED: Max Johnson Commits to LSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Greg Spann seems to be the target if you follow the visits
He is a local kid to me and he looks nice. He plays at one of the top football schools in the Bay area and started as a soph. and runs well and throws a nice ball. I wouldn't consider him the next Aaron Rodgers but nice. That having been said, his offer list is not impressive at all. USF, UL, Duke are not the top QB schools, but aren't dumps either. Given that he is half way through his junior season and the top teams have not started offering suggests to me that either they don't like him or they think he is ours already. One funny thing about him, his nickname is "Duce" but he wears the number one and not 2....................

Advertisement
Want the Johnson kid who plays TE. He's going to be a stud.

Taking his older brother as the only QB in 2020 would be a fireable offense, IMO

Yeah.. To those of us who think Richt has given Malik a longer leash than he deserves.. how exactly do you guys think it would go with his nephew under center and his cousin at QB coach?

This is EXACTLY what I have been saying. This kid is going to be a 4 year start(Richt will magically forget about his never burn a redshirt rule once his nephew is on the team) and he will NEVER get pulled. If Richt is this loyal to Rosier who he has no real relation with. Imagine how loyal he will be to his nephew that never skips classes and leads the team in their daily Kumabya singing. Then once the kid finishes his career hear leading the UM record book in most picks thrown he will be hired as our QB coach and Junior will be moved to OC. By that time David Richt will be the new president of the Frost school of music.

Just going to throw out there that UGA is also recruiting him. It has been said on their board that he has NO SUPPORTING CAST this year. I have no idea if or how much of that is true. Just sharing the info.

And fwiw, they are after two QBs in 2019 . They have one committed and just offered Tua's brother as well as some kid out in Colorado. Consensus is someone is transferring there, too. Who transfers remains to play out.

They said the same thing about Pickowski when he was playing in NJ.

Richt coached Cade's dad (as an OC) at FSU and Cade is still a 3rd stringer and getting suspended multiple times....

That is different then family. Look at his undying loyalty to junior who has already been exposed as a fraud. Then look at his loyalty to rosier just because he is a good kid. When we get goody 2 shoes Johnson on the team Richt will make it his life goal to make sure Johnson is the first 5 year starter in college history even when the kid leads to league in interceptions.

Advertisement
Why did he leave Prince Avenue? I know they have a stud 2021 QB.

Said it since he was first brought up on this board, dude just isn’t good. Slightly better Stokowski.

Plays against tuuurrrrrrrrrble competition and still puts up ****** numbers

Advertisement
This is EXACTLY what I have been saying. This kid is going to be a 4 year start(Richt will magically forget about his never burn a redshirt rule once his nephew is on the team) and he will NEVER get pulled. If Richt is this loyal to Rosier who he has no real relation with. Imagine how loyal he will be to his nephew that never skips classes and leads the team in their daily Kumabya singing. Then once the kid finishes his career hear leading the UM record book in most picks thrown he will be hired as our QB coach and Junior will be moved to OC. By that time David Richt will be the new president of the Frost school of music.
Richt really likes Jarren Williams. No one is walking on to campus and starting over him next year

For those unaware of Max Johnson's erratic inaccuracy, he's completing just 41% percent of his passes this season. From late August through early October, there were five straight games in which he didn't throw for more than 83 yards.

But he's Mark Richt's nephew, so...brace yourselves, folks.

I went to high school in DePere, WI (tl;dr = East Bum****)

My high school ran the veer

Our QB put up roughly those stats with a FAR worse supporting cast and FAR less talent

Advertisement
Back