Update on Lorenzo Lingard

Whats sad is I pray he doesn't commit now and waits. He will be heavily sought after and if he wants to 'open things up' its hard to get back in the picture.

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't really matter. Kids don't look around because they truly regret their choice, they look around because they want attention. Kids who want attention want attention if they're committed to Miami or not.

Advertisement
Hard to get a read on this kid. He changes up ALOT

Oct 2, 2016 he says there is no set top 5, just a group that stands out. "I would say that Miami is still right there. Then its Ohio State, Florida, Alabama and UCF. They are all coming hard."
Oct 8, 2016 (FSU game) He said nobody leads, but Miami, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama and UCF was his top group.
Nov. 26, 2016 his top 3 was Auburn, Bama, and FSU...But after his visit to Ohio State vs Michigan he named OSU his leader.
Now today his top group is Clemson, Miami, and Texas.

Most important quote I've found from Lingard:

"I really want to see how the line holds up," Lingard said. "I know they have great [running backs] but I just want to see how that line holds up against a good defense, because I go all over the country and see different linemen, and I think Miami kind of lacks size. But I was told that the line can vary with different offenses, so I guess that's what it is."

"I know that it's a great line," he quickly added. "I notice the key blocks that they have for the running backs, so that's good."

I think him coming depends on how good Walton is and the run blocking is this year.

I'm somewhat new when it comes to recruiting so bear with me. Did his team really only win 1 game this past season? Top 20 player on a team that could only win 1 game? What kind of stats did he put up? Do you guys base talent more on high school film or what they do in camps?

Lol at people saying a recruitment is going to be a circus in every thread of the prospect. Quit trying to create drama all the **** time.... stfu lol what 5 star recruitment do you know that is clear cut and dry?.... not many

You at The Capitol Grille

Advertisement
Lol at people saying a recruitment is going to be a circus in every thread of the prospect. Quit trying to create drama all the **** time.... stfu lol what 5 star recruitment do you know that is clear cut and dry?.... not many

You at The Capitol Grille

If he was there, then the Chef was insulted by his order. As it turns out, last night I grilled steak in the dark and screwed up and had to eat it like [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] does. It was God awful. Well done steak is dry and difficult to swallow. How does anyone order it that way?

Advertisement
Remember when Sony was a lock

maxresdefault.jpg

I know we missed on McFarland because of home state pressure but mark richt usually gets who he wants at running back

Advertisement
Lingard said that one of the highlights of the trip outside of the academic presentation was sitting down Mark Richt and the rest of the Hurricanes football coaches, but he added that he also enjoyed his time with the track and field coaches.

"That's something that I want to do in college," Lingard said.

"I got to speak from a few of the coaches and they just gave me some good information about how things would work with football players. They said I could do both [sports] which I like."

Lingard, who is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 18 prospect and No. 2 running back in the class of 2018, has had his name linked to a number of different schools like Florida, Auburn and Ohio State the past few months. When asked Wednesday where the Hurricanes stood in his recruitment he said at the top.

"They are in that top group right now along with Texas and Clemson," Lingard said.

Lingard (6-0, 180) plans to return to Miami for an unofficial visit in two weeks. The U.S. Army All-American has no other visits set up at the moment.

5-star RB Lingard Recaps Miami Visit, Talks Leaders

The beginning of the article.

Lingard told InsideTheU that he wanted to see campus during a normal school day which in turn is why he made the short flight from Orlando to South Florida with his uncle.

"It was definitely one of the best trips that I have took " Lingard said.

"I wanted to see what the coaches were like when they weren't so busy and how the school operates during classes. I spoke to the coaches a lot but the thing that stood out to me was talking with the academic deans and professors on the business side of the school. That's something that I want to major in and they just gave me the deal on how they do things there."

So it actually IS a Business (School) decision. Nice.

I'm a former President's 100, Lorenzo can give me a call if he wants to know about the School of Business (UM BBA and MBA). Tweed has my number.

Why is this a "keep it on the low" situation?

So he can actually speak to the deans, academic advisors, see the school, tour the facilities, & get a "real school day" experience without reporters & coaches blowing up his phone, because they knew he was on campus. We were able to get every single question answered that we had and then some.

Advertisement
Hard to get a read on this kid. He changes up ALOT

Oct 2, 2016 he says there is no set top 5, just a group that stands out. "I would say that Miami is still right there. Then its Ohio State, Florida, Alabama and UCF. They are all coming hard."
Oct 8, 2016 (FSU game) He said nobody leads, but Miami, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama and UCF was his top group.
Nov. 26, 2016 his top 3 was Auburn, Bama, and FSU...But after his visit to Ohio State vs Michigan he named OSU his leader.
Now today his top group is Clemson, Miami, and Texas.

Most important quote I've found from Lingard:

"I really want to see how the line holds up," Lingard said. "I know they have great [running backs] but I just want to see how that line holds up against a good defense, because I go all over the country and see different linemen, and I think Miami kind of lacks size. But I was told that the line can vary with different offenses, so I guess that's what it is."

"I know that it's a great line," he quickly added. "I notice the key blocks that they have for the running backs, so that's good."

I think him coming depends on how good Walton is and the run blocking is this year.

I wonder if he watched that dominant OL of Ohio Taint when they played good teams. How'd they hold up against Michigan and Clemson?

I'm somewhat new when it comes to recruiting so bear with me. Did his team really only win 1 game this past season? Top 20 player on a team that could only win 1 game? What kind of stats did he put up? Do you guys base talent more on high school film or what they do in camps?

Where are you getting that information from?

University High School (Orange City)

Boys Varsity Football - University High School - Orange City, Florida - Football - Hudl

They only lost to Seminole, Lake Brantley (my alma mater) and Lake Mary. Seminole and Brantley are both schools that have played in the state 8A championship in recent years, but Lake Mary is good as well (I don't think they are 8A, but I could be mistaken, I was on the campus recently and it doesn't seem to be as big as either Brantley or Seminole).

Also, I'm fairly certain that University is not 8A either. They just opened in 2010 and they are a big school for Volusia County, but not compared to Orange and Seminole Counties.

Because lots of other fanbases are already whining and complaining about UM "internet posters" having contact with a recruit, regardless of whether he might be a longtime family friend.

So he can actually speak to the deans, academic advisors, see the school, tour the facilities, & get a "real school day" experience without reporters & coaches blowing up his phone, because they knew he was on campus. We were able to get every single question answered that we had and then some.

What did you think of the academic side and the "real school day" expereince?

How would you compare the academic experience to other schools? Can you share what you thought?

Advertisement
Back