Update on Lorenzo Lingard

Advertisement
If the kid committed early and shut it down, would be the best thing for this program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I'm reading in the quotes from Lorenzo Lingard, he seems like a bright young man who is going to make a studied and reasoned evaluation of the schools in which he's interested and then make a college choice based upon all available data. I like it.

Lingard said that one of the highlights of the trip outside of the academic presentation was sitting down Mark Richt and the rest of the Hurricanes football coaches, but he added that he also enjoyed his time with the track and field coaches.

"That's something that I want to do in college," Lingard said.

"I got to speak from a few of the coaches and they just gave me some good information about how things would work with football players. They said I could do both [sports] which I like."

Lingard, who is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 18 prospect and No. 2 running back in the class of 2018, has had his name linked to a number of different schools like Florida, Auburn and Ohio State the past few months. When asked Wednesday where the Hurricanes stood in his recruitment he said at the top.

"They are in that top group right now along with Texas and Clemson," Lingard said.

Lingard (6-0, 180) plans to return to Miami for an unofficial visit in two weeks. The U.S. Army All-American has no other visits set up at the moment.

5-star RB Lingard Recaps Miami Visit, Talks Leaders

The beginning of the article.

Lingard told InsideTheU that he wanted to see campus during a normal school day which in turn is why he made the short flight from Orlando to South Florida with his uncle.

"It was definitely one of the best trips that I have took " Lingard said.

"I wanted to see what the coaches were like when they weren't so busy and how the school operates during classes. I spoke to the coaches a lot but the thing that stood out to me was talking with the academic deans and professors on the business side of the school. That's something that I want to major in and they just gave me the deal on how they do things there."

Advertisement
Lingard said that one of the highlights of the trip outside of the academic presentation was sitting down Mark Richt and the rest of the Hurricanes football coaches, but he added that he also enjoyed his time with the track and field coaches.

"That's something that I want to do in college," Lingard said.

"I got to speak from a few of the coaches and they just gave me some good information about how things would work with football players. They said I could do both [sports] which I like."

Lingard, who is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 18 prospect and No. 2 running back in the class of 2018, has had his name linked to a number of different schools like Florida, Auburn and Ohio State the past few months. When asked Wednesday where the Hurricanes stood in his recruitment he said at the top.

"They are in that top group right now along with Texas and Clemson," Lingard said.

Lingard (6-0, 180) plans to return to Miami for an unofficial visit in two weeks. The U.S. Army All-American has no other visits set up at the moment.

5-star RB Lingard Recaps Miami Visit, Talks Leaders

The beginning of the article.

Lingard told InsideTheU that he wanted to see campus during a normal school day which in turn is why he made the short flight from Orlando to South Florida with his uncle.

"It was definitely one of the best trips that I have took " Lingard said.

"I wanted to see what the coaches were like when they weren't so busy and how the school operates during classes. I spoke to the coaches a lot but the thing that stood out to me was talking with the academic deans and professors on the business side of the school. That's something that I want to major in and they just gave me the deal on how they do things there."
Okay... Idk if I should keep this thought to myself, but those quotes sound **** near identical to what Amari Carter said when he took a visit last Summer.

He was thoroughly impressed after meeting with the academics at Miami after meeting with the Dean, professors & school President.

**** man... I think the Gods might bless us fellas, we might get this one.

planning to visit again in two weeks. hmm...

hopefully this isnt another hendo situation.

but u gotta like him visiting often.

Advertisement

Difference is hendo lives near the school. Not that long of a drive. Lingard I think is from Orlando. And he's visiting 2 weeks from now again? That's a really good sign imo

If you're going to put stuff on the internetz that can be perceived as anti-Miami in any way, you should be prepared to handle any criticism that comes your way in addition to letting the white knighting stroke your ego.

Too often, Miami has been getting the **** from these types of recruiting situations.

Hopefully, this situation ends with Miami giving the **** to Texas, Clemson, Auburn, etc.

Advertisement

Jesus, people got to stop with the CJ comparisons.

Some posters just want to find negativity in anything

Jesus, people got to stop with the CJ comparisons.

Some posters just want to find negativity in anything

Right?

And if we believe Brooklyndee... all those visits paid off. He was ours until he got butthurt over Rumph chewing him out over that All Star game fiasco

Advertisement
although we lost Whoopie McFarland, I like our chances with non south Florida kids. Cane lock

Or does UCF convince him to put on for their city? Become a legend in your own town? Lol

No lie; losing McFarland may have been a blessing in disguise. Walton, w another great season, is gone. That leaves Homer for 18. Let's be honest, we can't trust Burns health. That would leave a great opening for a guy like Lingard. Cautiously optimistic, but regardless, we can't put all of our eggs in one basket.

Advertisement
Back