Update on Lorenzo Lingard

Why is this a "keep it on the low" situation?

Because lots of other fanbases are already whining and complaining about UM "internet posters" having contact with a recruit, regardless of whether he might be a longtime family friend.

So what? U know how many fans, from every team, probably blow up his social media? I personally don't have any social media but in today's world, that will never stop and it will only get worse. As to Tweed's response, completely understandable and I'm glad they got what they needed.

Advertisement

Because lots of other fanbases are already whining and complaining about UM "internet posters" having contact with a recruit, regardless of whether he might be a longtime family friend.

So what? U know how many fans, from every team, probably blow up his social media? I personally don't have any social media but in today's world, that will never stop and it will only get worse. As to Tweed's response, completely understandable and I'm glad they got what they needed.

Yeah, and there's a difference between being subtle and having these conversations offline...and handing your enemies specific things to complain about.

Have you ever been called into a university compliance office, or known someone who has been? You might have a different opinion after that. Don't act like everything is equal, our rival fans are ALWAYS trying to get Miami in trouble, they think their "info" will be the little bit that finally gets us the death penalty.

Not sure why everyone thinks that anyone should give every detail on an open board. If you have questions, ask someone in a PM.

What sort of basis do they have for a beef over Lingered being close since 5th grade to a guy who posts on UM message boards? Is there some sort of rule against a long-time friend of a recruit posting on a message board? I'd like to see the specific rule.

Yeah, and there's a difference between being subtle and having these conversations offline...and handing your enemies specific things to complain about.

Have you ever been called into a university compliance office, or known someone who has been? You might have a different opinion after that. Don't act like everything is equal, our rival fans are ALWAYS trying to get Miami in trouble, they think their "info" will be the little bit that finally gets us the death penalty.

Not sure why everyone thinks that anyone should give every detail on an open board. If you have questions, ask someone in a PM.

Every team site has insiders that constantly give updates on recruits, how is that against compliance? No one is saying the coaches took a recruit somewhere they weren't supposed to or gave one impermissible benefits.

What sort of basis do they have for a beef over Lingered being close since 5th grade to a guy who posts on UM message boards? Is there some sort of rule against a long-time friend of a recruit posting on a message board? I'd like to see the specific rule.

You and I both know there is no such rule. That doesn't prevent people from filing complaints, and it doesn't prevent a compliance office from doing an investigation.

Advertisement

Every team site has insiders that constantly give updates on recruits, how is that against compliance? No one is saying the coaches took a recruit somewhere they weren't supposed to or gave one impermissible benefits.

Again, with the whole "everybody does it" argument. Just stop it.

This is not a website that has a for-pay firewall. I don't care that F$U fans share info on the Super Premium board at warchant. Some people don't want to spend 8 hours with a UM compliance officer. Let it go.

You and I both know there is no such rule. That doesn't prevent people from filing complaints, and it doesn't prevent a compliance office from doing an investigation.

If Tweed went with the kid to UM's campus (even if Tweed paid for the trip), he is obviously known to compliance. There is absolutely no issue here. Please stop posting nonsense like this.

Again, with the whole "everybody does it" argument. Just stop it.

This is not a website that has a for-pay firewall. I don't care that F$U fans share info on the Super Premium board at warchant. Some people don't want to spend 8 hours with a UM compliance officer. Let it go.

No. We appreciate info here and if there's no infraction IDGAF what another team does. And LOL at a pay website firewall stopping any info from there getting out. Just stop. Let it go.

I could claim you fingered my butt against my will, but that doesn't make it true or mean I have viable beef. People will always bytch and moan.

When you're in the spotlight you're going to deal with maggots. Tweed is as clean as a freshly waxed pookyak.

Advertisement
I wonder if he's going to visit for this basketball game today?

No. We just left & are heading home.

Whatca got for us tweed

Come on man. I tried to provide some insight & that backfired. That dog only bites me once.

You're his uncle? The article on 247 said he was with his uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the article say uncle or "uncle"? And was there a "wink wink" in there anywhere?

If Tweed went with the kid to UM's campus (even if Tweed paid for the trip), he is obviously known to compliance. There is absolutely no issue here. Please stop posting nonsense like this.

Correct. Dudes get too spooked over some lame complaints lodged by internet yokels.

No. We just left & are heading home.

Whatca got for us tweed

Come on man. I tried to provide some insight & that backfired. That dog only bites me once.

You're his uncle? The article on 247 said he was with his uncle.

Did the article say uncle or "uncle"? And was there a "wink wink" in there anywhere?

I've never read an article that happened to wink at me.

Advertisement
Back