Update on Chatfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody cared about getting this kid, yeah if it's a package deal to get Nesta, Tc, and PS2 of course this board would take it. But Chatfield by himself is a player I never cared if he committed or not. I wanted Chatman and Miller over him. If he comes yay if not yawn there are undersized sfl DEs every year NEXT

Advertisement
Ed Reed was the best because of his instincts not because he was the fastest or the most physically gifted or most imposing athlete. You either have it or you don’t and the kid has it.
Dont know why we always do this, recruiting is different now. More resources are available to scout talent and evaluate the kids much better now. If you do your research you will find that not only did Ed Reed have tremendous instincts and a phenomenal football IQ, he was also an ELITE level athlete across the board. Let me repeat that, he was an ELITE level athlete.

You idiots who don’t want Chatfield or think he wasn’t offered but to get the other 3 ... LMAO at how dumb that is.

Who are we bringing in to fill the spot vacated by Trent Harris again?

4 Star top 15 WDE just like Harris. Pretty much same size too.

Oh but herp derp not interested. Who cares. Herp derp.

The kid is after early playing time. We cannot offer that for him - thankfully. No disrespect whatsoever but if we had to depend on Chatfield as a Freshman then our roster is in trouble.

Plus Diaz is not a 3-4 guy so he’s just not a natural fit in our system. Our team is best flexing between a 4-2-5 and a 4-3 depending on the need. So I would not chalk this up as a recruiting failure.

He’d rather go to UF so he can see the field early, and he would fit better in Mullen’s scheme. It is what it is.

I wish the young man nothing but the best and UF nothing but the worst. Fair?

Now y’all don’t want chatfield? I know he’s been often debated but man, kid has been nothing short of super productive. Yeah, he underwhelmed at camp but when the lights come on, he hits that gear. Give me that kind of player. He’s 220+ and runs a 4.9 and has a money position of pass rushing DE/LB. we always can make room for someone like that

Advertisement
You idiots who don’t want Chatfield or think he wasn’t offered but to get the other 3 ... LMAO at how dumb that is.

Yep. We are pretty **** thin at DE right now. It's a need and right now we have only one signed in the class unless we all consider Joyner a DE. Chatfield is not and should not be an afterthought.

Why do yall act like this guy is on Trent Harris level? Two different ppl.... and he's going to transfer anyway bc he's mentally weak.

He wants a spot given to him, hes going to be the 3rd or 4th guy on the depth chart. Won't like the fact that other freshmen are getting real playing time while he's on the bench.

Stop comparing him to toolbox Trent, it's disrespectful.

Why do yall act like this guy is on Trent Harris level? Two different ppl.... and he's going to transfer anyway bc he's mentally weak.

He wants a spot given to him, hes going to be the 3rd or 4th guy on the depth chart. Won't like the fact that other freshmen are getting real playing time while he's on the bench.

Quit bashing the kid ****.... leave the sh*t alone he ain’t coming

https://www.diehards.com/miami/miami-andrew-chatfield-home-visit

To summarize it up as neatly as I can:

-He didn't get an in-home visit from CMR, but he spoke with them
-He likes UF because he can be more a 3-4 LB, but he likes that he probably has a better chance of playing as a freshman (says that the UM coaches told him he could have some sort of LB package here too).

-Said he was frustrated by the slow play from Miami, but learned to let it go.

-Unfamiliarity with UF's coaching staff is not in their favor. He had a good relationship with former UF corners coach Corey Bell (his cousin).

I'm just a guy, but my gut after reading that article is that he chooses Florida.

We slow played the kid. Not saying it was right or wrong. Staff had to do its due diligence to be sure. But... when your history at a school, ANY school, is shaky at best, particularly at AH, maybe putting a priority on determining what prospects should and shouldn’t be offered at that school is important? Then, not doing an actual in home, just a phone call (if this info is accurate), is seriously disrespectful. You think that stuff doesn’t get out to others at AH? It’s like commen sense 101, no?

Advertisement

He is compared to Trent Harris because he is almost identical to him in high school - in terms of size, production, athletic ability, position, speed, etc. Why is it such a bad comp?

He is compared to Trent Harris because he is almost identical to him in high school - in terms of size, production, athletic ability, position, speed, etc. Why is it such a bad comp?
Exactly. I’d be thrilled with another Trent Harris on the team.

Now y’all don’t want chatfield? I know he’s been often debated but man, kid has been nothing short of super productive. Yeah, he underwhelmed at camp but when the lights come on, he hits that gear. Give me that kind of player. He’s 220+ and runs a 4.9 and has a money position of pass rushing DE/LB. we always can make room for someone like that

bottom line: the coaches always have access to better information on the kids than we do. You can agree or not, but if they're wrong, they get fired. So, if they want a kid? then so do i. if not, then i have to assume they don't think he can help.

and how strongly i disagree with them, is in direct proportion to their track record. which means richt and co. get deference, and al bauxite would not.

this is crazy --- this guy should of been at must get .. I pray he comes ,, he is wayyyyy better then Chatman

Advertisement
Just my opinion but I think the staff offered him to help keep nesta and help with the other 2 AH CBs. They dropped the ball on offering him so late.

Just my opinion but I think the staff offered him to help keep nesta and help with the other 2 AH CBs. They dropped the ball on offering him so late.

Interesting theory b/c of timing of Surtain's recruitment heating up. Isn't Chat super close to Surtain family? and IIRC, interest from Surtain (and TC) really starting heating up in Oct/Nov. Hmmmm...

Advertisement

Interesting theory b/c of timing of Surtain's recruitment heating up. Isn't Chat super close to Surtain family? and IIRC, interest from Surtain (and TC) really starting heating up in Oct/Nov. Hmmmm...

I think it was more so what happened with Surtain becoming more interested. We've been on TC for awhile

Just because Trent Harris did well here at that size and physical profile, let's not act like that is now the template for the physical profile we want to fill in the WDE or Viper role. Greg Rousseau is an absolute freak that we have already enrolled. He fills that WDE slot

With that said, Chatfield is a solid prospect that I'd definitely welcome. But, I honestly don't think it's a big deal either way with him

I don’t have a dog in this fight but AI is reporting Miami will not be sending Chatfield a NLI for tomorrow. Very interesting.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but AI is reporting Miami will not be sending Chatfield a NLI for tomorrow. Very interesting.

Might as well delete the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back