Update on BOT / AG info from TG on CS

This is scary incompetence by our higher-ups.

Golden is BEGGING to get fired and they won't do it for whatever illogical reason.

If Golden was as ruthless as Tuberville, he'd but himself at least one more year by throwing coordinators under the bus.

Advertisement
the BOT/AD have to be smarter than that i could only think of 3 assistant coaches that need to be let go and one head coach..

Jethro Franklin, Paul Williams, D, and Golden himself..

My guess this is building momentum to the BOT saying "**** it!" and firing his ***!

It better be done soon or we will lose the entire '15 class.

Agree 100%! Getting rid of Golden and bringing in somebody like Butch though would not only completely stop any negative momentum, some guys would be giving the middle finger to Some
Big programs to go to UM.

guaranteed. the coaches of south florida remember those days. Butch will fix this.

We've read rumors about Golden having full control of his staff. It doesn't surprise me that he won't fire them. The guy just gave them the weekend off during a recruiting weekend. He is trying to get fired or he is lining up another job.

Want to believe this, in a sense that a change is coming, but i just don't. Can't force myself to believe this for a second.

Advertisement
Though I heard frequently at the BankUnited Center that AG wants out and that the AD wants him out, this is the first specific that I've heard:

The AD/BOT are now demanding staff changes and Golden is not agreeing to it. In fact he is downright fighting it.

This tells me a few things:

1) AG is loyal to a fault
2) AG is stubborn (was already told this on several occasions)
3) AG believes he can make this thing work
4) AG will not be pushed to do things he doesn't want to do, or think are in the best interest of the progam
5) AD/BOT know that the current situation is not working
6) AD/BOT are demanding change
7) AD/BOT do not believe in one of their HC's main job rquirements: keeping a staff of the best around the program

So there you have it. AG is fully at odds with both AD and BOT. If I am a betting man, this is dead-man walking material. He will be gone, it is not a matter of if but when. And that depends on when AG can get out of town with his career intact, meaning not being fired. He knows that UM won't pay the buyout yet. He knows that there arent' any good viable options out there for him right now either.

We are at an impasse and until either side compromises or an externality presents a solution (good HC gig at other school), everyone is stuck.

Not a good scene right now in Coral Gables.

1 - 4 might be true but are not what is going on now. Al wants them to fire him. Can't get another job and knows it, so want that retirement money Shawn and Donna gave him. BOT needs some legal advise about insubordination as a breech of contract. If they can use that then order Al in writing to fire Mark and whoever. When he does not, then fire him for insubordination and refuse to pay buyout.

So explain to me why they (AD/BOT) wouldn't just terminate who they want to and tell Golden to deal with it if they're that unhappy?
If he's that angry then he could quite and thus no buy-out is necessary.

Exactly. They could simply fire the coaches, and tell Goldie to come up with a list of replacements, for their approval. If he refuses, fire him for cause.

I think it depends on how his contract is written if they're able to do that or not.

THIS.

Im not sure why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. The BOT doesn't operate solely on the basis of anger and being ****ed at football results. There is a calculation that will obviously go into this. If his buyout is simply too much for them to swallow right now, then they are not going to can him. It is something nuts like 8 million, they are not going to do it this year. Even a loss of revenue next year by disgusted fans will be far less than eating an 8 million dollar buyout right now. Also probably why Golden is digging in and refusing to make changes. He knows he doesn't have to do jack ****. He's daring them to buy him out. Which they aren't going to do if its really 8 million.

What SHOULD happen, is they should just flat out fire Donofrio. What is he going to do then? Cry? Sit in his office? If he doesn't perform his duties, he would be in breach of contract and they can then yank his contract.

Regardless of what happens, the administration NEEDS to force changes. If they decide they cant fire him this year because of the buyout, then fire Donofrio. At a MINIMUM it will force changes. He also has to realize that an ugly situation is going to really damage his reputation and credibility as an HC, what little he may have left for another gig after he leaves here.

The bottom line still sucks for the program though. Him here for another year is just going to be poison for this program. Recruiting is going to be a disaster and this whole mess is going to set this program back years for the next HC to clean up.

If the contract gives him full control of firing and hiring his assistants, can they still fire his DC without his approval?

He's gonna be gone......we'll be fine Butch will be back right after the new U 30 for 30 comes out....trust me guys trust me!

TG comes out with some clear developments

And now you're asking that guys trust you coz Al G "gonna be gone" then "Butch will be back"?

I know some ask who is TG, but who are you?

Advertisement
So explain to me why they (AD/BOT) wouldn't just terminate who they want to and tell Golden to deal with it if they're that unhappy?
If he's that angry then he could quite and thus no buy-out is necessary.

Exactly. They could simply fire the coaches, and tell Goldie to come up with a list of replacements, for their approval. If he refuses, fire him for cause.

I think it depends on how his contract is written if they're able to do that or not.

THIS.

Im not sure why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. The BOT doesn't operate solely on the basis of anger and being ****ed at football results. There is a calculation that will obviously go into this. If his buyout is simply too much for them to swallow right now, then they are not going to can him. It is something nuts like 8 million, they are not going to do it this year. Even a loss of revenue next year by disgusted fans will be far less than eating an 8 million dollar buyout right now. Also probably why Golden is digging in and refusing to make changes. He knows he doesn't have to do jack ****. He's daring them to buy him out. Which they aren't going to do if its really 8 million.

What SHOULD happen, is they should just flat out fire Donofrio. What is he going to do then? Cry? Sit in his office? If he doesn't perform his duties, he would be in breach of contract and they can then yank his contract.

Regardless of what happens, the administration NEEDS to force changes. If they decide they cant fire him this year because of the buyout, then fire Donofrio. At a MINIMUM it will force changes. He also has to realize that an ugly situation is going to really damage his reputation and credibility as an HC, what little he may have left for another gig after he leaves here.

The bottom line still sucks for the program though. Him here for another year is just going to be poison for this program. Recruiting is going to be a disaster and this whole mess is going to set this program back years for the next HC to clean up.

If the contract gives him full control of firing and hiring his assistants, can they still fire his DC without his approval?

They could always fire him. But they'd be in violation of Al's contract with the U.

He likely has full control over assistants in his deal so the board cannot fire them without violating the contract and owing him the buyout/contract value.

I don't believe this.

If they knew the situation wasn't working, they'd know why: Golden is an atrocious coach and an even worse human being. Therefore, they'd fire him, not demand he make a couple insignificant staff changes.

They should has forced the changes last year when Al thought he could get another job. Then he would have quit. Now he know he can't --- man wants to be fired.

Advertisement

I don't believe this.

If they knew the situation wasn't working, they'd know why: Golden is an atrocious coach and an even worse human being. Therefore, they'd fire him, not demand he make a couple insignificant staff changes.

They should has forced the changes last year when Al thought he could get another job. Then he would have quit. Now he know he can't --- man wants to be fired.

Personally I think this is dead *** on the money!

He's gonna be gone......we'll be fine Butch will be back right after the new U 30 for 30 comes out....trust me guys trust me!

TG comes out with some clear developments

And now you're asking that guys trust you coz Al G "gonna be gone" then "Butch will be back"?

I know some ask who is TG, but who are you?

An optimist bro, if you took my words as being legit your a keyboard gobbling looser, get off my sack and find out who TG is, please??

Advertisement
He likely has full control over assistants in his deal so the board cannot fire them without violating the contract and owing him the buyout/contract value.

Then you fire the assistants you want gone-- not that hard -- don't cut them the next check. Forget getting Al to do it. At that point they are gone and he has choice of suing for breech, quiting and suing for breech, shutting his friggin mouth after he kisses his boyfriend goodbye and coaching. Sure he will do a crappy job but who will notice the difference. OR, fire Donna and promote Al to her frigging job.

Just hire Butch as new HC without firing Al and let Butch walk in and ask the players to evict Al.

Everyone keep the pressure up all you can. Posting, emails, twitter-- we are winning. Come on Butch!!!!!!!! Instant turn around.

Advertisement
Back