Update on BOT / AG info from TG on CS

why dont former players and other alumni raise some money?

Maybe this is why hunt made his donation.

Advertisement
So explain to me why they (AD/BOT) wouldn't just terminate who they want to and tell Golden to deal with it if they're that unhappy?
If he's that angry then he could quite and thus no buy-out is necessary.

Exactly. They could simply fire the coaches, and tell Goldie to come up with a list of replacements, for their approval. If he refuses, fire him for cause.

5) AD/BOT know that the current situation is not working

I don't believe this.

If they knew the situation wasn't working, they'd know why: Golden is an atrocious coach and an even worse human being. Therefore, they'd fire him, not demand he make a couple insignificant staff changes.

Advertisement
He's gonna be gone......we'll be fine Butch will be back right after the new U 30 for 30 comes out....trust me guys trust me!

I want to believe! I saw a video posted on Facebook yesterday with a kid balling his eyes out after getting a long-awaited Christmas present. Kinda feel like that would be me if I learned we all got Butch for Christmas this year.

So explain to me why they (AD/BOT) wouldn't just terminate who they want to and tell Golden to deal with it if they're that unhappy?

Exactly. They could simply fire the coaches, and tell Goldie to come up with a list of replacements, for their approval. If he refuses, fire him for cause.

I think it depends on how his contract is written if they're able to do that or not.

Advertisement
if golden was smart he would be trying to work out a nice little deal with oregon state or Colorado state. he doesn't have much longer here.

This isn't comforting, really. Because if the AD and BOT had a clue, they'd want Golden gone. Not just staff changes. The latter will appease 1%.

^^^THIS^^^

Terminate whomever is not wanted (DC in particular), hire whomever they want and give him full autonomy along with an assistant HC title. Have JColey report to this guy and squeeze AG out. Talk about humiliation! Who could live with that? Heck, Kelly would even look down on him.

I know it doesn't make sense but we're in desperate times.

Advertisement
5) AD/BOT know that the current situation is not working

I don't believe this.

If they knew the situation wasn't working, they'd know why: Golden is an atrocious coach and an even worse human being. Therefore, they'd fire him, not demand he make a couple insignificant staff changes.

Not if money is an issue. I'm guessing theres a bunch of douche bag intellectuals on the BOT who feel spending a bunch of money on football is appalling.

^^^THIS^^^

Terminate whomever is not wanted (DC in particular), hire whomever they want and give him full autonomy along with an assistant HC title. Have JColey report to this guy and squeeze AG out. Talk about humiliation! Who could live with that? Heck, Kelly would even look down on him.

I know it doesn't make sense but we're in desperate times.
Unless it is in his contract to have full control then it will be a contract violation by the AD.

Advertisement
If they're trying to push staff changes, then they're completely clueless unless it's a ploy to get Folden to approach them about negotiating a resignation/settlement. Staff changes are the last thing we need.

I think it depends on how his contract is written if they're able to do that or not.

THIS.

Im not sure why this is so hard for some people to comprehend. The BOT doesn't operate solely on the basis of anger and being ****ed at football results. There is a calculation that will obviously go into this. If his buyout is simply too much for them to swallow right now, then they are not going to can him. It is something nuts like 8 million, they are not going to do it this year. Even a loss of revenue next year by disgusted fans will be far less than eating an 8 million dollar buyout right now. Also probably why Golden is digging in and refusing to make changes. He knows he doesn't have to do jack ****. He's daring them to buy him out. Which they aren't going to do if its really 8 million.

What SHOULD happen, is they should just flat out fire Donofrio. What is he going to do then? Cry? Sit in his office? If he doesn't perform his duties, he would be in breach of contract and they can then yank his contract.

Regardless of what happens, the administration NEEDS to force changes. If they decide they cant fire him this year because of the buyout, then fire Donofrio. At a MINIMUM it will force changes. He also has to realize that an ugly situation is going to really damage his reputation and credibility as an HC, what little he may have left for another gig after he leaves here.

The bottom line still sucks for the program though. Him here for another year is just going to be poison for this program. Recruiting is going to be a disaster and this whole mess is going to set this program back years for the next HC to clean up.

My guess this is building momentum to the BOT saying "**** it!" and firing his ***!

It better be done soon or we will lose the entire '15 class.

Agree 100%! Getting rid of Golden and bringing in somebody like Butch though would not only completely stop any negative momentum, some guys would be giving the middle finger to Some
Big programs to go to UM.

Advertisement
Back