Update on BOT / AG info from TG on CS

Cash

Emperor
Premium
Though I heard frequently at the BankUnited Center that AG wants out and that the AD wants him out, this is the first specific that I've heard:

The AD/BOT are now demanding staff changes and Golden is not agreeing to it. In fact he is downright fighting it.

This tells me a few things:

1) AG is loyal to a fault
2) AG is stubborn (was already told this on several occasions)
3) AG believes he can make this thing work
4) AG will not be pushed to do things he doesn't want to do, or think are in the best interest of the progam
5) AD/BOT know that the current situation is not working
6) AD/BOT are demanding change
7) AD/BOT do not believe in one of their HC's main job rquirements: keeping a staff of the best around the program

So there you have it. AG is fully at odds with both AD and BOT. If I am a betting man, this is dead-man walking material. He will be gone, it is not a matter of if but when. And that depends on when AG can get out of town with his career intact, meaning not being fired. He knows that UM won't pay the buyout yet. He knows that there arent' any good viable options out there for him right now either.

We are at an impasse and until either side compromises or an externality presents a solution (good HC gig at other school), everyone is stuck.

Not a good scene right now in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
If there is a god, he will leave. I wonder if Al sue's YouTube for emotional distress.

I truly believe that Golden doesn't want to be here and is daring the administration to fire him, he wants that buyout money. The administration is going to have to realize it needs to pay the man and soon because there is still chance to save this recruiting class

Advertisement
Advertisement
I truly believe that Golden doesn't want to be here and is daring the administration to fire him, he wants that buyout money. The administration is going to have to realize it needs to pay the man and soon because there is still chance to save this recruiting class
Yup

Especially after this latest rant of excuses. He's just BEGGING to be fired.....BEGGING!

Advertisement
I don't know what to think of this.. or even to believe it. SO many rumors this past week it hasn't been fun

Advertisement
So explain to me why they (AD/BOT) wouldn't just terminate who they want to and tell Golden to deal with it if they're that unhappy?
If he's that angry then he could quite and thus no buy-out is necessary.

My guess this is building momentum to the BOT saying "**** it!" and firing his ***!

He's gonna be gone......we'll be fine Butch will be back right after the new U 30 for 30 comes out....trust me guys trust me!

Advertisement
Back