Upcoming playoff expansion vote (12 Team Playoff Chosen, 9.2)

Advertisement
It's not going there, but there's always a constant urge to expand playoffs further. The sport used to be unique because early season games really ******* mattered, everyone seems to want to trade the entire regular season for a few weeks at the end. So much has changed at this point I dont even really give a **** anymore though. Just win
I hated the old way. Preseason rankings carried too much leverage well into the season. Bias is real, and it would often rear its ugly head. Personally, I wanted an 8 team playoff. That more than covers any team that should be in contention for a title. This still makes every game important, because if you lose at the wrong time, you could be out. I don't want a larger field, full of teams that just don't belong. That indeed makes the regular season less important.

Advertisement
I think I read them saying top 6 conference champs and 6 at large

Will there even be 6 decent conferences by then??

So is it 1-4 get first round byes?

5-12
6-11
7-10
8-9
think it would be interesting.

IF it laid out that way.

I think I read them saying top 6 conference champs and 6 at large

Will there even be 6 decent conferences by then??
that puts a monkey wrench, are they eliminating conference championship games? and just taking regular season?

Advertisement
I hated the old way. Preseason rankings carried too much leverage well into the season. Bias is real, and it would often rear its ugly head. Personally, I wanted an 8 team playoff. That more than covers any team that should be in contention for a title. This still makes every game important, because if you lose at the wrong time, you could be out. I don't want a larger field, full of teams that just don't belong. That indeed makes the regular season less important.
I respect that, but personally I cant think of one time a team ranked outside of the top 4 could have been deserving of a National championship based on their seasons body of work.

Saw this graphic posted about how a 12 team playoff would've looked last year.
Screenshot_20220902_223058.jpg

Advertisement
I respect that, but personally I cant think of one time a team ranked outside of the top 4 could have been deserving of a National championship based on their seasons body of work.
Absolutely true. There never has been. However, we have seen several teams get hot at the end of the year and could have potentially won it all if they had the chance. We just never saw them get the chance, so we don't know how it could have gone. Expand it a bit and let's find out.

Advertisement
Everyone has a solution

The FACT is there would literally be no chance of coming up with something, with all of the damned teams in D1 football, that would make them all happy.

Let's enjoy what we have, ****, I wouldn't be surprised to see college athletes boycotting certain sports, at some point, with all of the NIL attention going on.

Advertisement
Back