Unspoken Factor That May Impact The QB Race

Cane4life18

Senior
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

I would encourage a hobby, maybe even community work.
Have you looked into your local "Habitat for Humanity"?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
If we only had Perry and two scrubs I'd be worried.

As it is we have three guys that could start for us. The one that works the hardest during the next three months wins the job - sit back and see how it shakes out in August.
I get what you're saying but I want the *best* QB to be playing come the 24th of August, not the guy that won job out of happenstance. I want to beat them Gators down!

They are all on the same talent level. All 3 have shown they can play here. It's going to come down to who wants it more. Who is willing to sacrifice their summer for this job.

Tate being the only QB to be recruited by Diaz and Enos and the offensive line situation will play a role if the QB race ends in fall as close as it did in spring.

Advertisement

I get where you're going.

But if Perry is to be the leader of this program, and that's what the starting QB is, then passing the summer test is a requirement, IMO.

They are all on the same talent level. All 3 have shown they can play here. It's going to come down to who wants it more. Who is willing to sacrifice their summer for this job.

Tate being the only QB to be recruited by Diaz and Enos and the offensive line situation will play a role if the QB race ends in fall as close as it did in spring.

No true. Diaz recruited Perry and Williams. The "clean slate" position was his recruitment of them, same as he gave to Martell.

Advertisement
This is the kinda isht that gets you scared?
Never said I was scared, I said it made me nervous. I truly do believe having great competition in that room will benefit our team. I just don't want something dumb and avoidable to mess that up. Get what I'm saying?

Advertisement
Back