Unspoken Factor That May Impact The QB Race

Enos has been clear to the media and (I imagine) behind closed doors with the players about what he expects from the position and what he expects from the players this Summer.
They need to work hard with their teammates and refine their craft. They need to work on improving all the deficiencies of their game that Enos has pointed out to them. They need to stay out of trouble and show maturity and leadership.

Hopefully all three of the Qbs favored to win the job do what is asked of them. No need to worry about what happens. Just sit back and wait to see who follows orders and gets the job done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Why leave Martell out of the conversation - him and South Beach could be disaster in waiting

Advertisement
LOL, guess He forgot Diaz was courtin' Hurts before Tate.

Yeah. This theory that Tate Martell was some handpicked QB transfer is fantasy. If Hurts were on the team, that makes sense.

But Martell came to reunite with his buddies and live in Miami. If he wins the job, great! But being the back-up at Miami is better than being the back-up in Columbus. Especially when you're on the team with high school buddies.

LOL, guess He forgot Diaz was courtin' Hurts before Tate.

One, Hurts was in the portal before Tate. Two, do u know for a fact that Diaz wanted Hurts over Tate? Tate has 3 years of eligibility, Hurts has one. Three, him having communication with Hurts has nothing to do with Tate being the only QB that Diaz and Enos recruited.

People talk about Jarren and his body, but according to the coaches and people that have seen him in person, he looks great and is in shape. If he wants the job then he will work his butt off over the summer.

Advertisement
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
It's understandable to feel this way given the past history with the QB room. You also have to take into consideration the fact that they were being led by Jon Boy Richt who was about 19 years old himself. The offensive side of the ball suffered from a severe lack of accountability and leadership that was reflected in their performance. I think having Enos in charge of the offense and Manny in charge overall will give these kids the type of mentors they need to hold them accountable for their actions. N'kosi has to know that his time is now or never, we will see if he really wants it or not. The same goes for Tate and Jarren.

One, Hurts was in the portal before Tate. Two, do u know for a fact that Diaz wanted Hurts over Tate? Tate has 3 years of eligibility, Hurts has one. Three, him having communication with Hurts has nothing to do with Tate being the only QB that Diaz and Enos recruited.

Stop it, Diaz put on a full court press for Hurts, but Martell wasn't a bad concession prize:

Advertisement
Stop it, Diaz put on a full court press for Hurts, but Martell wasn't a bad concession prize:

Wtf is a "concession prize" 🤣🤣🤣

That still doesn't show Tate was a CONSOLATION PRIZE. That shows a player being recruited by Manny Diaz. Show me actual proof that Tate was plan b.

Advertisement
Its a fair point since both have been suspended in the past.

I would imagine now that they have a legit QB coach/OC and real competition the cream will rise. I think they will all be around campus to improve their mechanics, fundamentals and work with WR's. Martell may get some heat because of how he started but he finished strong and I bet that kid wont be too far from campus until the season starts.
I want the best man to win but having him around will force the others to be around bc at the end of the day Diaz and Enos will be watching...

No one. The coaches have all said it themselves . Or don’t you read?
Actually, I do read. That's why based on reports from spring practices and the scrimmages, one of them which I attended, I can be confident in saying N'kosi is leading the race right. Have the coaches formally named a leader, no but we know why they won't do that. If N'kosi is named the leader Jarren might hit the portal to GT. We know this. Smh

Have the coaches formally named a leader, no

The coaches have not named a leader because they’re not idiots.

They understand that there are months of quarterbacks training on their own, and anything could happen. Naming a leader now is useless and stupid, especially when they’re also so close to each other. If there was a “leader” he would be a leader by a nose hair.

But you do you, champ.

Advertisement
Back