Unspoken Factor That May Impact The QB Race

Stop it, Diaz put on a full court press for Hurts, but Martell wasn't a bad concession prize:

Dude Manny wanted them both. You don't remember on here people saying Hurts might have been waiting on Martell to decide or vice versa? They were both in Miami around the same time.

Advertisement
Actually, I do read. That's why based on reports from spring practices and the scrimmages, one of them which I attended, I can be confident in saying N'kosi is leading the race right. Have the coaches formally named a leader, no but we know why they won't do that. If N'kosi is named the leader Jarren might hit the portal to GT. We know this. Smh
You are speaking opinion as facts. Some believe each QB is ahead, as it is all relative to every individual's opinion

You are speaking opinion as facts. Some believe each QB is ahead, as it is all relative to every individual's opinion
Who the **** believes Martell or Jarren is leading after spring? Show me the reports, not just posts from Canesinsight members, but legit credible journalists. I can tag references if you want me to. ****, It's more of a battle between Martell and Jarren now than it is Jarren and N'kosi. Especially after the 3rd scrimmage.

Who the **** believes Martell or Jarren is leading after spring? Show me the reports, not just posts from Canesinsight members, but legit credible journalists. I can tag references if you want me to. ****, It's more of a battle between Martell and Jarren now than it is Jarren and N'kosi. Especially after the 3rd scrimmage.
That's the point, you're asking for opinions. Doesn't matter if it's media, fans, etc. No coach has named a leader. In my opinion, Tate is by far the most talented QB and will ultimately win the job. You will find countless other posters that believe Jarren will and others will say Kosi.

Advertisement
you guys are just spinning a false narrative. no way k'osi perry leads by anything more than a smidgen and tate is closing fast as he improves his play under center. i want the best guy to start so if the coaches come out with perry i am good but i am still putting money tate is your starter against UF. someone even suggested perry has taken the offseason the most seriously. what evidence is there for this? williams worked hard this offseason and tate just got here and is working hard to learn the system

We're looking for THE guy that proves it in every way. The summer is another part of the competition. We're not hitting pause now, and play in August. NO complacency. Manolo said being the QB at The U is a 365 day job. Best believe Manolo and Daniel will be watching these guys even closer this summer.

I get what you're saying but I want the *best* QB to be playing come the 24th of August, not the guy that won job out of happenstance. I want to beat them Gators down!
I'm saying that three guys are going into the summer all thinking that if they work hard enough they'll be the starter.

In our current situation it doesn't get any better than that.

Advertisement
So there are 124 days until the game. That means ~ 100 until practices begin again. Is there enough Perry vs Martell vs Williams material to last that long?

Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
NO! Enos only installed 50% of the playbook. They need to focus on another 50%! They have meetings with the coaches and they will get quizzed!! They have weight lifting training and running!! And no one is a solid starter! And MD aint playin!!

So you can now sleep well tonight!!

Advertisement
I'm saying that three guys are going into the summer all thinking that if they work hard enough they'll be the starter.

In our current situation it doesn't get any better than that.
Exactly, so I don't want anything to jeopardize that.

CIS remains the greatest refuge for the mentally challenged. OP curled up with his mayonnaise sandwich, sniffing his aunt’s underwear worrying about QBs losing THEIR FOCUS. Oh, the sweet irony.

If someone shyts themselves in the offseason in the middle of a wide open QB race, you should be grateful that he showed his lack of resolve now instead of during the season. Someone out of the three will step up.

This QB competition isn't about the strongest arm. It has never been about that. Here's the first part of a 3 part story that comes directly from Enos today. IMO, after reading this again, the LAST factor in consideration is anyone's arm strength. It's all about the mental stuff. It's pretty clear.

Advertisement
Now that spring is over and we all know N'kosi is leading QB battle thus far, let's talk about another factor that may impact this race: free time. It's going to be a whole 3 months before the players formally start to have organized practices. That means the players will have a lot more free time on their hands. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous when it comes to N'kosi and Jarren having too much spare time on their hands between now and the start of fall camp. My nervousness for N'kosi stems from past mistakes the young man has made. With Jarren, it's strictly about staying committed to remaining engaged, diet, and his body. So far, the 3-way QB battle has been great, I would hate for something avoidable to mess that up.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

What kind of post is this bro? None of us know these kids personally. They are 18-22 year olds. Not fair to paint kids in that picture for things that were not criminal offenses. I don't know who starts but I won't base it off character when we know next to nothing abut these kids. Would you have said Baker Mayfield wouldn't have started at Oklahoma based upon his conduct???

Even if I agreed with OP's premise, which I don't, nothing in any post is quite as annoyingly offensive as framing a personal opinion as "we all know".

Agree 100%

Don't you just hate it!?

Whenever it's said...It assumes everyone else is: on the same wavelength and wants the same, or are all as biased..as the person saying it.

Just give your opinion. Validate it with facts...OR not at all.....instead of trying to play Jedi mind games

It doesn't work...even if you're not wearing a tin foil hat.

Last edited:
CIS remains the greatest refuge for the mentally challenged. OP curled up with his mayonnaise sandwich, sniffing his aunt’s underwear worrying about QBs losing THEIR FOCUS. Oh, the sweet irony.

If someone shyts themselves in the offseason in the middle of a wide open QB race, you should be grateful that he showed his lack of resolve now instead of during the season. Someone out of the three will step up.
Your mother should've aborted you. Poor woman. Have a good one keyboard gangster.

This QB competition isn't about the strongest arm. It has never been about that. Here's the first part of a 3 part story that comes directly from Enos today. IMO, after reading this again, the LAST factor in consideration is anyone's arm strength. It's all about the mental stuff. It's pretty clear.

“Whoever wins the job we’re going to 100 percent gear it toward their skill set, do whatever they do the best,” Enos said. “Our system is built that it’s very multiple and very diverse. Once your system is in... now you decide, he’s our quarterback, these are our running backs, these are our receivers, and you gear it toward what those people do well. But you can’t start gearing it towards the people until you figure out who those people are….

“I think good coaches adapt to their personnel… The big thing is your quarterback. What’s he good at?Is he better in the pocket? Is he better outside? Is he better in the gun? Is he better under center? Is he a better play-action passer? Is he a guy that can read the coverage and get through his progression? You need to gear your system toward your personnel.”

Advertisement
Back