Unpopular here but the hatred for coaches is bizarre

Advertisement
You do know it wasn't a fumble and officiating has cost us more misery than any coaching decision this year. We need to bolt and watch the ACC fold deservingly so
you do know that if the idiot takes a knee there is no fumble to worry about right? thats exactly why teams kneel down when The other team can't stop the clock. its to prevent bad things from happening. spare me the fumble bull**** bc thats the direct result of the ineptitude from the coaching box Mario

you do know that if the idiot takes a knee there is no fumble to worry about right? thats exactly why teams kneel down when The other team can't stop the clock. its to prevent bad things from happening. spare me the fumble bull**** bc thats the direct result of the ineptitude from the coaching box Mario
So.......I guess we should fire him and do what? No bull**** response. Gimme something realistic other than jerking off to the EX girlfriend

The real problem is how toxic the fan base gets on twitter. Significantly worse than other fanbases, specifically ****ting on our own players

As a collective, we don’t show up for games and we talk **** about our players and coaches and we wonder why some recruits don’t come here, why some coaches choose to not come and/or leave, and why some players leave early

Someone’s gonna say “players who listen to fans aren’t great anyways”

Maybe but doesn’t mean we should aid it and choose to not support our team openly
Na it’s not worse than other fan bases. Some players on other teams get death threats etc. Let me know when someone throws a rock through Mario’s home window like Bama fans did to a former coach.

Advertisement
You comparing ppl to Nick Saban…then categorize that’s as “good coach’s”? you serious? Lol Saban is 1of1 that’s the GOAT..and it’s happened overnight at which places..and which of those places we’re approaching a 20 year drought of not winning anything? This **** is a rebuild and was gunna be that
Alabama Record before Nick Saban:

2000: 3-8
2001: 7-5
2002: 10-3
2003: 4-9
2004: 6-6
2005: 10-2
2006: 6-7

Saban Arrives in 2007:

2007: 7-6 (All losses by 6 points or less)
2008: 12-2
2009: 14-0 (National Champs)
2010: 10-3
2011: 12-1 (National Champs)
2012: 13-1 (National Champs)
2013: 11-2
2014: 12-2
2015: 14-1 (National Champs)

On and on and on winning. 3 winning seasons in the 7 years prior to Saban, one build up year with a winning record and then lift off.

IMO, Mario should’ve had a better first year last year. He didn’t and then this year, rational expectations were 7-5, 8-4 or 9-3.

So many here prior to FSU wanted to slurp on “we should be 7-2 If not for GT.” It was an ugly game. Those kinds of games are going to happen. In our case, outside of UNC, it happened vs GT, UVA and NC ST.

So that GT game, if won, put this team on a pretty much certain trajectory of 8-4. Now we will be lucky to finish 7-5.

It’s looking more like 6-6.

Is a 1 game improvement from 5-7 to 6 and 6 good enough for you all with a team that should really be 8-4?

Which scenario sells better with transfer portal candidates and recruits? A competent Head Coach that recovered in year 2 and won 8 games or an incompetent head coach with a 1 game improvement and a constipated offense that rivals Iowa from 1969?

other than you jerking off to Marios picture, there isnt anything UM is gonna do bc we can't afford to fire him.
Thank you for proving my point. U know I've had a rough life.....lost a parent at a young age been incarcerated and grew up at poverty level. I've learned that people make mistakes but I've also learned that negativity breeds negativity and iron sharpens iron. I'm no Mario fanatic but I am convinced that he has more passion for this program than any other coach we could hire so whether he gets it done or not imma let him have his fair shot and when that time is up I'm ok moving on

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me
I'll get hate from both sides here, but isn't there some room for nuance? Can't you criticize the offensive play calling while also realizing you're handcuffed by your most important position?

We were not going to light up the scoreboard with any of our QBs. That said I would like to see more quick, easy throws. Screens to the RBs to punish the constant selling out on blitzes FSU was doing.

Advertisement
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.

400 posts on 5yrs.

Most of them ultra positive.

A good chunk supporting the current regime.

Does anyone find that odd?

Being a former players doesn't make you correct on all things canes football. It is obvious that Mario's first two oc hires have been meh. Given the history of his hires the next one will likely be meh. I don't know too many programs that don't have four QBs on the roster. Give him credit for flipping the o line hiring guidry and instilling more mental toughness overall but this offense is outdated.
Than I guess nor does not being one make you correct on all things canes football that you don't agree with. Forest and trees...

Advertisement
I'll get hate from both sides here, but isn't there some room for nuance? Can't you criticize the offensive play calling while also realizing you're handcuffed by your most important position?

We were not going to light up the scoreboard with any of our QBs. That said I would like to see more quick, easy throws. Screens to the RBs to punish the constant selling out on blitzes FSU was doing.
Sigh...i said numerous times criticism is understandable...I am specifically and only talking about HATING coaches...its bizarre behavior. Thats it nothing else

400 posts on 5yrs.

Most of them ultra positive.

A good chunk supporting the current regime.

Does anyone find that odd?
What a brain hurting response to my post...wtf is wrong with people...just curious. What exactly do you find "odd" about it?

We are already at late stage fan blaming in the middle of Mario year two. I take that as a positive sign.

Crying about Twitter JFC, so many emotional cripples having their day in the sun.

Get your boyfriends to start winning games or hit the bricks. They can go hang out with Butch and devise more ways for college football players to fake injuries on the field.

Advertisement
first of all - that's your opinion, which in my eyes is even more bull**** than my post

are you counting the entire population in that random stat that less than 10% of people use twitter? because if so then that's really idiotic.

i would say conservatively that what, 80-90% of high school kids and our players use twitter, if not more? -- ya know the demographic that we're talking about here, so the stat you're using is pretty dumb right off the bat

it's not measurable, so there's really no point in arguing as it's just an observation of mine that we have a pretty terrible nack for ****ting on players and coaches. we might not be the worst but several other programs in our shoes (i.e. being irrelevant for 20 years) do not have this problem. the bama's, UGA's, ohio state's, of the world? maybe but they've had recent success and should have higher expectations consistently
*knack

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him than many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
Who were you on Grassy?

Oh I understand that...that is why I mentioned numerous times they are not above criticism. My point is the bizarre hatred. I cant wrap my head around rooting against Coach Diaz and Coach Golden. And do it with a hate that is bizarre. I wish nothing but the best for both of them...for some reason, thats crazy to some around here...that is my main and really only point
How are you able to divine intent? How are you able to discern the difference between ball busting, harsh criticism and hatred? How do you know that the root of negative comments come from hatred? You can see the words posted on the screen but since you don't know the individuals how can you know if it's true hatred or just venting on a message board? Also why would you proclaim to know those things for certain? Why is it so important to you that some guy in Texas or Michigan who follows UM reacted with hatred?

Advertisement
Back