Unpopular here but the hatred for coaches is bizarre

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him than many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.

Whatever floats your boat... leave others alone

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
Okay

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Being a former players doesn't make you correct on all things canes football. It is obvious that Mario's first two oc hires have been meh. Given the history of his hires the next one will likely be meh. I don't know too many programs that don't have four QBs on the roster. Give him credit for flipping the o line hiring guidry and instilling more mental toughness overall but this offense is outdated.

Advertisement
The real problem is how toxic the fan base gets on twitter. Significantly worse than other fanbases, specifically ****ting on our own players

As a collective, we don’t show up for games and we talk **** about our players and coaches and we wonder why some recruits don’t come here, why some coaches choose to not come and/or leave, and why some players leave early

Someone’s gonna say “players who listen to fans aren’t great anyways”

Maybe but doesn’t mean we should aid it and choose to not support our team openly

The injuries coupled with bone headed decision making by Mario has put the team in the position we are in today. Yes, there has been tremendous progress by the team overall but the stupid mistakes are killing our overall win/loss record. Technically we should be 7-3 at minimum but could easily be 8-2 or 9-1. I think that is where the frustration is stemming from; we already have enough issues to deal with, adding his mental lapses is what is causing the outbursts.

Cool. Someone tell me how you can become a head coach and not know when to call timeouts or how to run a hurry up offense.

we know not every coach is a game changing strategist but it’s inexcusable when even the dumbest poster on CIS knows what to do, the announcers have to call you out (how many more times this season do we have to hear them talk about lack of urgency), etc.

Last edited:
Being a former players doesn't make you correct on all things canes football. It is obvious that Mario's first two oc hires have been meh. Given the history of his hires the next one will likely be meh. I don't know too many programs that don't have four QBs on the roster. Give him credit for flipping the o line hiring guidry and instilling more mental toughness overall but this offense is outdated.
Thats criticism, which I get...that wasnt my point

Advertisement
The real problem is how toxic the fan base gets on twitter. Significantly worse than other fanbases, specifically ****ting on our own players

As a collective, we don’t show up for games and we talk **** about our players and coaches and we wonder why some recruits don’t come here, why some coaches choose to not come and/or leave, and why some players leave early

Maybe but doesn’t mean we should aid it and choose to not support our team openly
Occasionally I go back to my posts and anything that cway laughs at usually ends up being right becuase he’s got the IQ of a door ****

So i feel way better about this post Now

Also it came from me seeing nyjalik Kelly’s mom calling out “fans” like cway on twitter last night

100% get where you're coming from. That said, the man has to look himself in the mirror, see where his weaknesses are ( we all have them), and be willing to change. No doubt he's a true Cane and wants to win. Is he willing and CAPABLE of leading us to become a regular top 10 team and getting us in the playoffs 🤔 👀 🤷🏾‍♂️

The fans are the problem. I've been waiting on someone to notice this. I mean, I'm in Texas and I sit on my couch knowing exactly what 3 plays will be called before a punt. We need to get this rectified IMMEDIATELY.

Advertisement
I’ve been a Mario defender and want him to succeed…….but I can’t unsee the blatant incompetence with late game decision making, the complete lack of creativity or ability to get the ball in the hands of playmakers that are existent on this team (again), or the complete mismanagement of the most important position on the team (a trend and stigma Mario has unfortunately earned).

I get he’s not going anywhere so it lives or dies with him, but it’s alarming and the real question is does it change and how? 3rd OC in 3 years? Stop trying to control when it seems like he’s someone who is hard headed and works on that control? Assess and bring in a QB when you paid more this past offseason to keep a head case at the position?

I mean ****, with even average QB play and offense this team is 9-1 yet the reality is 6-4.

The reason for the hate is simple. The man is getting 8 million a year. The job is to hire the best coordinators, get the **** out of the way, and focus on recruiting and delivering motivational talks to the team. He refuses to do that. I don't know if it's delusion or arrogance, maybe both, but I've seen his type before in other sectors. This will not end well.

Advertisement

First of all - that’s bull****. Every p5 school that’s trying says that about their fans and social

second- less than 10% of Americans use Twitter in any consistent way - it has an outsized impact in perceived power for those that use it.

Randy Shannon was a cane too. Shannon is great as a coordinator but not a good head coach. Some coaches are nothing better then coordinators and unfortunately that appears to be the case for Mario also.

Just a QB away maybe. So why didn't Mario get a portal QB after seeing how bad TVD was last year? He also said we would get a monster DL class this year, and while good, it is far from elite. CB recruiting has been bad, though Richard and the younger Brown may be good. So yeah, keep on keeping on about just a QB away that Mario da gawd failed to fix after last season's abortion

Advertisement
Back