Unpopular here but the hatred for coaches is bizarre

You comparing ppl to Nick Saban…then categorize that’s as “good coach’s”? you serious? Lol Saban is 1of1 that’s the GOAT..and it’s happened overnight at which places..and which of those places we’re approaching a 20 year drought of not winning anything? This **** is a rebuild and was gunna be that
have you seen this board. people have parroted the nick went 7-6 in year 1 forever to make themselves feel better about Mario.

this isnt a rebuild as you keep saying. coaches can WIN NOW. its been proven all over CFB. this isnt an argument im willing to have anymore bc its a cult on here. you can't criticize a coach who has underperformed in a year and half overall without being crucified bc the cult is so strong for Mario.

Advertisement
I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.
That might be true' but being a true cane isn't good enough if you can't take a knee winning a game if you can't recognize we have a problem at QB and still keep playing a turn over machine if you can't make half time adjustments if got your hands in the offense and hurting the team. Bro i have no doubt he's a true CANE. My doubt is his coaching ability. I see improvement as far as talent wise' but that's about it. Nobody is hating on the coach. WE just see major deficiencies and his coaching ability and they are major

200w-8.gif

It’s not for him to get 10 sacks he would be there to set the edge and let the younger guys coming in not be rushed. That’s all we need lol. He doesn’t have to be a super star he just has to have speed for his size (pause) to help on those runs. He can run we don’t need him to be a top ten pick.
He's not a great run defender either. If anything he is out of position and needs to be a full time DT.

No....our Offensive game-plans (Aside from A&M) have been straight up trash. Miss me with that "Emory is a true freshman" BS....our running plays are a complete abortion. No creativity whatsoever. Same F-ing play over, and over again.
Andy Gustafson had more imagination in run game than this inept offense

Advertisement
This fan base is one of the worst and most-entitled in the country.

All those years we made fun of Notre Dame for living in the past—we have people who just expect every new hire to add water and have this thing a powerhouse by year two.

The more bad hires in a row, the more this program has slipped into absolute nothingness—and this time around, it's a former player-turned-coach (and one with experience and success under his belt)—stripping this thing down to the studs for a full blown rebuild.

Miami as a whole looks much better as a team and program in 2023 than it did in 2022, but some can't see past 6-4 and the fact a once-promising quarterback has nosedived and completely lost his way, costing this team at least three (if not all four) losses.

11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games of the season... now it's 11 interceptions, five touchdowns and two fumbles the past four games Tyler Van Yips saw action.... but it's "coaching". Unreal.

This is a 9-1 or 10-0 if TVD is literally just playing "pretty good" instead of looking like a full blown liability every game since Georgia Tech threw a zone defense at him.

I get being passionate and wanting nothing more than to see this program back on top. I truly do, but there is a difference between being critical and downright hating coaches. Trust me. I wasn't too thrilled about that Ga Tech game. But JC boys. I mean, people are still obsessed with hating Golden and Diaz. Is there something I missed? Was there a story that came out that showed Golden and Diaz conned their way into getting the job just to secretly sabotage the program? I guess we live in a country now where conspiracy theories are real news so maybe that's it? Not only is there so much hate, but to one of our own?? What?? CMC has more Miami Hurricane in him that many fans combined. Again, I understand being critical, but some take this way too far. Not to mention, if you truly take a step back, you would see significant progress. I am still convinced we were a top QB from possibly being undefeated. One player could have had this board singing a much different tune. So being a message board guy since Grassy(boy do i miss that board), I know Ill get the typical "alpha male"(another loser term) responses or the responses that have nothing to do with what I said, and thats cool. I am probably asking for it but for me, win or lose Mario is a true Cane and thats enough for me to tone down the rhetoric.

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

Advertisement
This fan base is one of the worst and most-entitled in the country.

All those years we made fun of Notre Dame for living in the past—we have people who just expect every new hire to add water and have this thing a powerhouse by year two.

The more bad hires in a row, the more this program has slipped into absolute nothingness—and this time around, it's a former player-turned-coach (and one with experience and success under his belt)—stripping this thing down to the studs for a full blown rebuild.

Miami as a whole looks much better as a team and program in 2023 than it did in 2022, but some can't see past 6-4 and the fact a once-promising quarterback has nosedived and completely lost his way, costing this team at least three (if not all four) losses.

11 touchdowns and one interception the first four games of the season... now it's 11 interceptions, five touchdowns and two fumbles the past four games Tyler Van Yips saw action.... but it's "coaching". Unreal.

This is a 9-1 or 10-0 if TVD is literally just playing "pretty good" instead of looking like a full blown liability every game since Georgia Tech threw a zone defense at him.

I put a good amount of blame on Dawson/Mario. Our offensive playcalling puts us at a disadvantage with how predictable and repetitive they are

I think Harbaugh is a way better coach than Mario is and better program builder. hes got proven NFL success and built up a bad Stanford program that laid the foundation for Shaw as well to have continued success until recently.

Norvell - I think is a better x and o guy but he isnt the recruiter Mario is, but thats not as important as it used to be with NIL and transfer portal. Norvells best coaching job was his development of Jordan Travis. look at what JT looked like against us 3 years ago in Miami when we smoked them to now. its pretty remarkable. this success under Norvell is probably not sustainable due to the amount of transfers he brought in but winning will always attract kids and who knows what happens this offseason depending on FSUs close. Norvell also has 8 years of HC exp and in those 8 years hes won double digits 4 times (twice at Memphis, twice at FSU). he isnt elite but he isnt a bum people make him out to be.

we aren't getting out of the Mario deal no matter what. hes got support and that deal is too exp for a program like us to buy out of. we better hope the light goes on but were entering year 3 which is the pivotal year for any HC. if he can't win 10+ next year, its fair to question if it will ever happen consistently. it'll take some therapy for Mario to adapt and change his ways. fisher who won a title and coached 4 first round picks at QB couldn't adapt and died at ATM even w the insane amount of talent.

right now, I dont see much of a diff between Manny and Mario tbh. the offense improved after year 2 under Manny where as the D improved here under Mario and OL play. our O is still bad just as our D fell off under Manny as HC either w baker or himself. I do think Mario is obviously the better coach hands down but I dont see him as this savior others do based on what we see right now.

for our sake, hopefully we do turn it around and win big bc there isnt another option. UM football will either die or succeed w Mario.

Good stuff! Ride and die with Mario your absolutely on point.

Some people like misery. We could go all the way to the playoffs and lose by one point on some bs trick play and they wanna fire the whole staff. I'm just glad I don't know them in person I don't put myself around people like that. No I don't like ******* losing. It sucks. But becoming the aTm of the ACC is where we headed if we keep firing dudes

Advertisement
Oh, so because you think you have a good QB means you just neglect recruiting the position for 2 years?

By that logic, we got Bain, so let’s just stop recruiting DL.

And sorry to bring up a very relevant point, like the guy’s salary. But it’s evident your IQ is in the double digits so I get why you’re frustrated.
So you could say if your son gets full scholly to QB a school and sucks his scholly should be dropped immediately and tell him to pack his **** mid sophomore season?

Not even through the second season and random dudes on the internet getting more blame than people that get paid millions to coach football. Like I’m out there with a headset on calling a hb dive three plays in a row or handpicking 3 star QBs that can’t even cook against HS competition.

Advertisement
No....our Offensive game-plans (Aside from A&M) have been straight up trash. Miss me with that "Emory is a true freshman" BS....our running plays are a complete abortion. No creativity whatsoever. Same F-ing play over, and over again.
The 3rd and 1 from the 3, just before the half….head shaker #17.
Was I dreaming during the A&M game where Colby came underneath, across the formation, and was wide open for a TD in the flat?

I think what’s more bizarre are posters like OP who feel this strong and strange sense of allegiance to losers like Mario and the staff.
What’s wrong with this staff outside of Mario and Dawson. Every position has improved other than the 2 dudes in charge of offensive decision making. Replace those 2 and we‘re probably a 10 win team.

Guy makes 8 million a year to be a head football coach and doesn’t understand how to kneel and win a game.
JC man the guy made a mistake and I assure you it won't happen again. Ever in his coaching career. Plenty of pussies on this site probably gotten compensated from being on both knees

Advertisement
Back