Uniforms

Advertisement
As long as there is no black for the sake of wearing black, no goofy *** chrome or matte helmets and no drop shadowing the names/numbers I'm whatever comes out will be fine.

Something like this would be good:

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

As long as there is no black for the sake of wearing black, no goofy *** chrome or matte helmets and no drop shadowing the names/numbers I'm whatever comes out will be fine.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

These would be a wet dream. These are so ******* dope. Just need the black socks and cleats. Its what everyone wants, modernized traditional, but will be the reason we don't get them. AD seems to write down everything the fans want and do the opposite.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Nicely done. I'd be on board with these. Still want the black socks/cleats though.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

These would be a wet dream. These are so ****ing dope. Just need the black socks and cleats. Its what everyone wants, modernized traditional, but will be the reason we don't get them. AD seems to write down everything the fans want and do the opposite.

They're boring. Very old school Big Ten. We're not changing our font anyway so that has no chance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is take those jerseys above, but I like our current font better. Add an all black unis. Black socks and cleats is a must

Advertisement
They're boring. Very old school Big Ten. We're not changing our font anyway so that has no chance.
This. If you think kids are gonna like that uniform, you're nuts. Fans liking them is a plus and important, but the kids are the ones that have to play in them. Unis are a draw for recruits, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. That's a fact. Some kids like the traditional Bama, some kids like the innovative Oregon. That's why we need multiple options.

As I've said before...what needs to be pushed for is for Nike to do something new that's clean/modern/inventive for the normal uniform worn for 85-90% of our games. The rest of the time, we should push for throwbacks like the styles we've had thru the 80's/90's/early 00's for special games, all in the new technology. Best of both worlds. Make white/black/team color cleats/socks available for any combination we choose...don't pigeon hole us into one color for that. Black cleats/socks may look badass with one uniform or to a set of people, but other colors might look better with other uniforms. No need to say we can only have one set.

It won't happen...but that'd be the best situation and would please pretty much everyone on some level.

This. If you think kids are gonna like that uniform, you're nuts. Fans liking them is a plus and important, but the kids are the ones that have to play in them. Unis are a draw for recruits, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. That's a fact. Some kids like the traditional Bama, some kids like the innovative Oregon. That's why we need multiple options.

As I've said before...what needs to be pushed for is for Nike to do something new that's clean/modern/inventive for the normal uniform worn for 85-90% of our games. The rest of the time, we should push for throwbacks like the styles we've had thru the 80's/90's/early 00's for special games, all in the new technology. Best of both worlds. Make white/black/team color cleats/socks available for any combination we choose...don't pigeon hole us into one color for that. Black cleats/socks may look badass with one uniform or to a set of people, but other colors might look better with other uniforms. No need to say we can only have one set.

It won't happen...but that'd be the best situation and would please pretty much everyone on some level.

So...which one are we?

These combos would be AMAZING.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Advertisement

So...which one are we?
Somewhere in between, if I had my druthers. I'd like to have enough combinations to where we could wear either the new unis or throwbacks for about 5 years running, and never wear the same uniform twice.

How Miami would it be able to say to a kid: "You know what? We're gonna wear whatever-the-fvck we feel like. Sometimes it's gonna be old school, sometimes it's gonna be the freshest uniform in the nation that no one's seen before. The rest of CFB can stick to 4-5 combinations or just a couple of throwbacks every 10 years...we have options for DAYS."

So...which one are we?
Somewhere in between, if I had my druthers. I'd like to have enough combinations to where we could wear either the new unis or throwbacks for about 5 years running, and never wear the same uniform twice.

How Miami would it be able to say to a kid: "You know what? We're gonna wear whatever-the-fvck we feel like. Sometimes it's gonna be old school, sometimes it's gonna be the freshest uniform in the nation that no one's seen before. The rest of CFB can stick to 4-5 combinations or just a couple of throwbacks every 10 years...we have options for DAYS."

I would that, but unfortunetly, there is a hierarchy at Nike that goes something as follows: Oregon, Alabama, Ohio State, FSU, LSU, Michigan

You want to know what 4 out of 5 of those schools have in common, fan base #'s. Therefore, more value to Nike in terms of merchandise being sold. So while we like to think we are Miami, and we should this or that, truth is Nike has us by the balls and we can only do what they have time for us to do.

Having said all that, would you guys be opposed to switching sponsorship companies? Possibly to Addidas, Reebok, or Under Armour?

My choice would be addidas. They have some pretty impressive stuff in terms of Soccer gear, that I would find interesting if they crossed that over to football. We would essentially be one of the only high profile clients with Notre Dame being the other (correct me if I am wrong).

Advertisement
Back