Uniforms - YES ---UNIFORMS !!!

Advertisement
Is Miami a blue blood?

Has Miami wore the same uniform for the past 50 years?

Miami has a TRADITION of wearing the newest threads.

Is Miami a blue blood?

Has Miami wore the same uniform for the past 50 years?

Miami has a TRADITION of wearing the newest threads.
No, Miami had a tradition of NOT wearing the newest threads... until only somewhat recently. I'm not saying I personally am one of the "I only want the old unis"-guys, but the fact Miami was known for traditional uniforms is why we have a lot of fans still in that camp. For me, recruiting has changed too much to NOT use new and different unis. The benefit outweighs whatever one thinks the negative is, IMO.

No, Miami had a tradition of NOT wearing the newest threads... until only somewhat recently. I'm not saying I personally am one of the "I only want the old unis"-guys, but the fact Miami was known for traditional uniforms is why we have a lot of fans still in that camp. For me, recruiting has changed too much to NOT use new and different unis. The benefit outweighs whatever one thinks the negative is, IMO.
It is a tradition for us to change unis. What we wore in the 80's is not what we wore in the 00's and what we wore in the 00's is not what we wore in the 2010's.

We are not the Bama, Michigan, ND teams that have wore the same uniforms for the past 50 years. Miami got put on the map by beating those type of teams.

Oregon would not nearly be the national brand they are now if they didn't have the uniform game that they do.

Advertisement
It is a tradition for us to change unis. What we wore in the 80's is not what we wore in the 00's and what we wore in the 00's is not what we wore in the 2010's.

We are not the Bama, Michigan, ND teams that have wore the same uniforms for the past 50 years. Miami got put on the map by beating those type of teams.

Oregon would not nearly be the national brand they are now if they didn't have the uniform game that they do.
Yeah, I hear you. I was just saying I wouldn't consider Miami as having a "tradition" of wearing new uniforms. In fact, for most of our vaunted years, it was the opposite. Prior to the early years after the turn of the millenia, we pretty much wore very similar unis for several decades. Sure, we did the short jerseys and stuff at times, but the uniforms were always very traditional and quite similar across those years. That's why some older fans feel the way they do.

But, again, like I said above, I personally like changing unis. Doesn't make any sense in today's day and age for Miami to stick with old traditional unis... even though those unis will always hold a special place in my heart.

Just none of your neon pink and blue ones, Rev! ;)

Wasn’t having stripes on uniforms considered flashy in the 70s and early 80s?

Watched a game on classic and an announcer was talking sh*t about a team with stripes on the uniforms. He could barely mask his contempt for the concept.

Had me thinking how some people hate change regardless.

Now basic stripes are considered traditional.

Your idea of change skews far too much away from what we look good in. We're not a blue blood, you're right. We often change our style, you're right. But you weren't around in 2014 when we got the "newest" Nike tech and people hated it. We're a program filled with fans that are both young people who like change (you, kids, me to a certain extent) and the older traditionalists. Our threads need to appease both crowds. We're in a spot where people of all ages like them, why do you so vehemently want a change from something that's working. People went nuts for the black alternates in 2017. What they're doing works.

Just build on and improve what we have now. Go too far in one direction and you end up like 2014 - a disaster in the majority's opinion.

You're looking at things from a recruiting aspect and all that - that doesn't seem to be an issue for the "blue bloods." Recruits don't sign for jerseys, they sign for culture and coaching - that's not going to change.

Vice uniforms is a bad idea. They're not our colors, in my 24 year existence I've never seen official Canes gear in a vice colorway.

Advertisement
Your idea of change skews far too much away from what we look good in. We're not a blue blood, you're right. We often change our style, you're right. But you weren't around in 2014 when we got the "newest" Nike tech and people hated it. We're a program filled with fans that are both young people who like change (you, kids, me to a certain extent) and the older traditionalists. Our threads need to appease both crowds. We're in a spot where people of all ages like them, why do you so vehemently want a change from something that's working. People went nuts for the black alternates in 2017. What they're doing works.

Just build on and improve what we have now. Go too far in one direction and you end up like 2014 - a disaster in the majority's opinion.

You're looking at things from a recruiting aspect and all that - that doesn't seem to be an issue for the "blue bloods." Recruits don't sign for jerseys, they sign for culture and coaching - that's not going to change.

Vice uniforms is a bad idea. They're not our colors, in my 24 year existence I've never seen official Canes gear in a vice colorway.

also, concerning the heat, the miami arena sign was in the vice colorway (where the heat got the miami script from). it made sense for the heat given the history of the old building. tho, canes played there after the knight center prior to opening of the on campus arena, its still like HRS (our rental home, but not the true home). the miami arena is way more synonymous with the heat than w the canes same as HRS is with the Fins than the canes

Well said. Change is not always a good thing....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back