Uncle Luke is right. The University of Miami is racist.

Franchise.... maybe I'm completely blind... but if it was just a race issue why not just fire Golden and hire another white coach... and you don't know me or my past. If that comment about the robe and screaming was directed at me... well, you my friend, are sadly mistaken.

I swear some fans are so dense. This isn't about wanting a white coach, or not wanting a black coach.

This about the fact that for some reason Al Golden's 28-22 record is excused away, given a pass, even COMMENDED, while the exact same record from the black coach resulted in the swiftest firing of a coach I've ever seen. THAT is where the racist element comes in; that Al is just assumed to be better/smarter despite exact same results.
This. The school said Shannon failed as a coach yet here we are 4 years later with another coach with the same exact ******* record, who has had more off field issues and yet he retains his job. What is the difference besides race?

Advertisement
Franchise.... maybe I'm completely blind... but if it was just a race issue why not just fire Golden and hire another white coach... and you don't know me or my past. If that comment about the robe and screaming was directed at me... well, you my friend, are sadly mistaken.

I swear some fans are so dense. This isn't about wanting a white coach, or not wanting a black coach.

This about the fact that for some reason Al Golden's 28-22 record is excused away, given a pass, even COMMENDED, while the exact same record from the black coach resulted in the swiftest firing of a coach I've ever seen. THAT is where the racist element comes in; that Al is just assumed to be better/smarter despite exact same results.
This. The school said Shannon failed as a coach yet here we are 4 years later with another coach with the same exact ******* record, who has had more off field issues and yet he retains his job. What is the difference besides race?

I'm astonished that so few people are talking about something so blatantly obvious and repugnant to any reasonable American's sensibilities.

Klamalama.... not saying there isn't racism... no where in that post did I say that. I just said if it was just PURELY racism, there are ways around that. Like fire Al and hire any other white football coach. White football coaches that are much better than Al could line up around that building. And we would all shut up for a year and support the team and the new coach. If it was just racism, they could do that and "win" by still having their white puppet and the support of the community... both black and white. I am not supporting Golden and I am not supporting the BOT, but I don't think Golden is being kept JUST because he is white. Does it play into it? Yeah, probably, but that isn't the only reason.

But Goldie IS being kept because he is white. I can find no other logical explanation. Flake's public blather in support of Goldie makes zero sense.

Flake ought to publicly state why, with an identical record to Shannon, Goldie still has a job. He isn't going to do it because he can't, and make any sense.

As I've stated in other posts, the time for playing nice-nice with the Board Of Garbage is long over. I'm a 65 year old Conservative. I fully understand the ramifications of playing the race card. So it's not done frivolously.

Again, Shannon deserved to be fired for his record. Goldie deserves the same fate. Goldie is still employed ONLY because he is white and glib. He brings no other redeeming value.

At least Randy was a Cane.

Counterproductive.

Holding one coach to the timeline of another based on race is racist.

Golden should be fired because the team finished 6-7 and is getting worse not because Randy was fired after 4 years.
I agree that poor performance is why he should be fired. However if a black coach was in this exact spot I can't help but think he wouldbe fired. Head in the sand if you don't think so. The fact that Golden talks well and fits the mold compared to radio is a factor.

You don't think the fact that Golden had to deal with NCAA **** that occurred on Randy's watch separates the two at all? Going into the season, like it or not, everyone knew Golden would get more time than Randy due to the contract and the NCAA. But now it is all race on this one?

BBB stands from bring black back?
Angry I said if a black coach was in this exact spot. Meaning if that said coach went thru sanctions ect. I wasn't comparing Golden to Shannon. Just somebody like Shannon.

Let's remind everyone once again that it was RANDY that was raising the red flags about Nevin while Donna was taking Nevin's money.

Advertisement
I think, btw, it has less to do with race than with the fact that Shalala and James panicked two years ago and gave Alphonse the contract extension.

It's about money. Not race.

I think, btw, it has less to do with race than with the fact that Shalala and James panicked two years ago and gave Alphonse the contract extension.

Then let Shalala and James pick up the tab for Al's buyout.

Can no one ever be held responsible for their personal dumbass decisions?

Larry Coker went 36-14 in his last 4 years and got fired. Racist? Like another poster stated miami will most likely hire another white coach so why keep golden just cause he is white. I know most here are just spouting crap and no darn well why golden has been kept. Whether we like it or not the people that make decisions believe in the cloud. And lmao if playing the game doesn't factor in. Randy was a recluse. He didn't like to mingle with boosters etc. you think he had anything to say to the BOT? If randy was a white country bumpkin that butchered the English language and didn't like to talk to people he would have been fired. Al knows how to bull****. The people that make decisions need to be sold on why to keep you. Randy sucked at it. Golden has been able to shovel his **** down their throats.

Advertisement
Larry Coker was fired with a much better record than Shannon. Golden should be fired and even with the buyout I don't see how we can keep him. However, Shannon's buyout was MUCH less. Not to mention Shannon was under a different AD and Shalala wasn't on her way out. The records are the same but the situations are much different.

Shannon deserved to be fired and so does Golden. There are a million reasons Golden should have been fired weeks ago but the racist angle is idiotic. The only color here is green. The race card is way overplayed in this country.

Barry jackson reported a while back that its not up to DS or Blake concerning the coaching decision. the BOT is making the call and right now theyre focused on finding a new president before firing a coach. Also, DS has lost interest in the program due to her lame duck status as president. the next president will need to do the deed and hopefully find an AD who has some real power and is competent.

IMO, RS' record had less to do with his firing than the school's need for a scapegoat for the NCAA. So despite being cleaner than many in the admin, RS got the axe. But karma's a b*tch!

IMO, RS' record had less to do with his firing than the school's need for a scapegoat for the NCAA. So despite being cleaner than many in the admin, RS got the axe. But karma's a b*tch!

I agree to a point. The BOT never wanted RS. We were hearing rumors that he wasn't going to last before the conclusion of his first season with two of the worst qbs in school history. It was obviously they never wanted him when he told everyone to stay away from NS. However when you lack the support of the "higher ups"; such as the mingling with NS by the president and AD, no one listens to you. Hocutt and Shala knew what NS was about but they wanted his money. Eventually Hocutt fired him him in an embarrassing fashion and didn't allow him to speak to the team. He had to notify the players through hand written letters.

Unfortunately, they never wanted RS and his leash was short. He took a step back in 2010 which they were hoping for. Al gets to stay because this is who the BOT wants. If RS won l, nothing would have mattered. Al doesn't have the same pressure on him. Even the cloud was minuscule compared to the shooting of Willie Cooper, the death of Bryan Pata, the FIU brawl and the media spin of the ST death. He actually had to fight the image of thug u and assure families that their kids would be safe. Al loses to worst teams, kids get arrested, drop out and living a delusion of what the UM is while keeping a job. Life isn't fair but if you want something you have to produce. RS was a 1st time HC facing more issues but he didn't win and lost his job. Al cancel practices, brings dj to weight training and play softball but keeps his job. The sad thing is the majority of his playmakers were RS commits(Duke and PD) or players (Walford, Feliciano, and McDermott).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know why Luke is doing this, too.

He can see the handwriting on the wall and knows that most of the fans want Butch. But maybe he thinks Ice Harris should get a shot. After all, Harris built Booker T.

I think that's what's going on.
Nope. He's publicly called for Butch

Accountability? At the University of Miami...never.

Barry jackson reported a while back that its not up to DS or Blake concerning the coaching decision. the BOT is making the call and right now theyre focused on finding a new president before firing a coach. Also, DS has lost interest in the program due to her lame duck status as president. the next president will need to do the deed and hopefully find an AD who has some real power and is competent.

Wow. You go back to that bullchit. Here we go again.

Advertisement
I can read this thread and tell you exactly which posters are black and which are white. This board is racist.

Now, can we get back to talking about football?

Advertisement
Back