Uncle Luke is right. The University of Miami is racist.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on a few things....

1. Randy Shannon signed a 4 year contract in 2006 and was fired after the last game in 2010. That means his contract was up and while Miami "fired" him, they did so without owing him a single penny. Is that right?

2. No matter what the buyout is for Golden, we're hearing the smallest amount as $2M. Ask yourself honestly if you think Al would be given a new contract today if his current deal had just run out. As misguided as this BOT is I can't imagine they would give him new paper.

It's not about black or white..its about GREEN. Not just the green they have to give Al to leave ..but the extra green they gotta pay the NEW GUY. This kind of stuff goes on all the time in the PROS too! It sucks big time I know but please don't eliminate yourself from any credible discussion by going this route. You say you want your voices heard...try layering your brain in before you speak.

Advertisement
I'm an old white dude too. The fact that the other white dude can't see the racism in The Former U speaks volumes.

My new friend, Uncle Luke, is 100% correct.

Was this supposed to directed at me? Two things, I am not old...I'm 36 years old, and I wasn't voicing my opinion at all on whether or not I feel that the administration is racist. I was just stating that Buccaneers is.

There's no group more racist than the corporate trust fund weasel whose only exposure to black people has been the ones they've hired to do jobs they're too weak and chicken **** to do.

These BOT faqqots see a black dude outside of their fake small talk with the UPS guy, and they scurry to the other side of the street.

Fck these racist ***** in their eyes.

Nope. They call the police to come arrest dude.

I'm the oldest white dude on here, and I've yet to see an intelligent explanation as to how this isn't racism.

All I've seen is "you guys are dumb" and "it's not racism" and "stop playing the race card". Not a single valid reason given to explain why it isn't racist to hold the white guy with inferior results to a lesser standard than they held the black guy.

You dummies realize that you don't have to wear a white robe and scream "I hate ni##ers!" every 5 minutes to engage in racism don't you?

Advertisement
No Marco, RS signed an extension in summer of 2010 and after going 7-5 during the season he was fired after his last game and was ordered not to return to the campus. He didn't coach the bowl game either. Al went 6-6 and was granted an extension after a humiliating lost to Boston College.

Klamalama.... not saying there isn't racism... no where in that post did I say that. I just said if it was just PURELY racism, there are ways around that. Like fire Al and hire any other white football coach. White football coaches that are much better than Al could line up around that building. And we would all shut up for a year and support the team and the new coach. If it was just racism, they could do that and "win" by still having their white puppet and the support of the community... both black and white. I am not supporting Golden and I am not supporting the BOT, but I don't think Golden is being kept JUST because he is white. Does it play into it? Yeah, probably, but that isn't the only reason.

1. Randy Shannon signed a 4 year contract in 2006 and was fired after the last game in 2010. That means his contract was up and while Miami "fired" him, they did so without owing him a single penny. Is that right?

2. No matter what the buyout is for Golden, we're hearing the smallest amount as $2M. Ask yourself honestly if you think Al would be given a new contract today if his current deal had just run out. As misguided as this BOT is I can't imagine they would give him new paper.

It's not about black or white..its about GREEN. Not just the green they have to give Al to leave ..but the extra green they gotta pay the NEW GUY. This kind of stuff goes on all the time in the PROS too! It sucks big time I know but please don't eliminate yourself from any credible discussion by going this route. You say you want your voices heard...try layering your brain in before you speak.

You are wrong on bullet point No. 1. Despite overwhelming evidence that Shannon sucked and packed it in in 2010, he signed a 4 year contract extension on May 13, 2010, or thereabout. So, like Folden, there was a buyout for Randy who was fired 6 months after signing a 4 year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5184740

Last edited:
I'm the oldest white dude on here, and I've yet to see an intelligent explanation as to how this isn't racism.

All I've seen is "you guys are dumb" and "it's not racism" and "stop playing the race card". Not a single valid reason given to explain why it isn't racist to hold the white guy with inferior results to a lesser standard than they held the black guy.

You dummies realize that you don't have to wear a white robe and scream "I hate ni##ers!" every 5 minutes to engage in racism don't you?

It's racist that he's still the coach. They like having a white tie wearing "CEO".

And it's good message board fodder.

Calling an institution racist is going to make them defend their position and might be counterproductive. Stick your guns. Fight or flight.

Golden sucks hard, we don't need anymore fire power. Why give them a chance to compare the two and come up with more excuses?

Advertisement

Randy was extended after the 2009 season.

Franchise.... maybe I'm completely blind... but if it was just a race issue why not just fire Golden and hire another white coach... and you don't know me or my past. If that comment about the robe and screaming was directed at me... well, you my friend, are sadly mistaken.

And I don't want to hear about the ******* "cloud." Al out recruited almost every team in the ACC during his time here and couldn't beat bottom feeders like Pitt and UVA. Now that there is no "cloud" other than Folden's ****** coaching and obvious desire to not be here, he is getting his tw@t kicked even more on the recruiting trail.

It's racist that he's still the coach. They like having a white tie wearing "CEO".

And it's good message board fodder.

Calling an institution racist is going to make them defend their position and might be counterproductive. Stick your guns. Fight or flight.

Golden sucks hard, we don't need anymore fire power. Why give them a chance to compare the two and come up with more excuses?
Let them compare the two. That would be the best thing they could do. It would show they're weak and trying to explain the seemingly inexplicable. Everyone would just look at the records and any explanations would validate the argument.

Advertisement
No Marco, RS signed an extension in summer of 2010 and after going 7-5 during the season he was fired after his last game and was ordered not to return to the campus. He didn't coach the bowl game either. Al went 6-6 and was granted an extension after a humiliating lost to Boston College.

AHHH ok
That makes a huge difference...I did not see anything about an extension in the summer...
Yeah that's pretty bad then...

but Uncle Luke is still a goofball

There's clearly a bias towards the tie wearing well spoken white guy. Say what you will, but for a school that is obsessed over its image, Al golden fits the profile they are looking for. Randy Shannon did not.

if it's about wins and losses then why does golden still have a job. If it's not about wins and losses then why was randy Shannon fired? Either the school wants to win or it doesn't. Don't give me some cloud excuse bull****. The cloud didn't make golden lose 7 ******* games this season. So clearly the key decision makers have other standards by which they measure a coach and randy Shannon didn't meet those measurements yet Al golden does. If you don't think that's race related I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Randy was extended after the 2009 season.

Thanks GS
That makes a big difference....looks bad

Advertisement
There's clearly a bias towards the tie wearing well spoken white guy. Say what you will, but for a school that is obsessed over its image, Al golden fits the profile they are looking for. Randy Shannon did not.

and ironically the guy who caused the CLOUD was a clean cut looking white guy!

Franchise.... maybe I'm completely blind... but if it was just a race issue why not just fire Golden and hire another white coach... and you don't know me or my past. If that comment about the robe and screaming was directed at me... well, you my friend, are sadly mistaken.

I swear some fans are so dense. This isn't about wanting a white coach, or not wanting a black coach.

This about the fact that for some reason Al Golden's 28-22 record is excused away, given a pass, even COMMENDED, while the exact same record from the black coach resulted in the swiftest firing of a coach I've ever seen. THAT is where the racist element comes in; that Al is just assumed to be better/smarter despite exact same results.

I didn't even know you posted in this thread, so none of my comments were directed at you. And I have no idea what you mean by "if it's just a race issue why not fire Folden and hire another white coach".

Yep. And therein lies the racism.

Advertisement
Back