Uncle luke canceling fsu

Advertisement
u just a hater. This man has been in the community longer than you've been born. If you actually listen to some of his interviews other than the one's that people go ape sh** over, you'd understand.

Most def. Luke has been in the community. Exploiting ppl for his own personal gain for decades.

Luke is a clown. And anyone who Puts their future in his hands is making a mistake. Letā€™s check back in 3 years and see how many of his ā€œcommitteeā€ā€™members are given jobs.

This not the early 2000ā€™s these kids donā€™t care what Luke say, if Kodak or rick Ross said that it would hold more weight lol
You would think that this would be true, but a lot of these kids have parents or mentors who REALLY respect Luke, even if the kids themselves could care less about him. Not many of these kids will disregard the advice of their parents or mentors...

Most def. Luke has been in the community. Exploiting ppl for his own personal gain for decades.

Luke is a clown. And anyone who Puts their future in his hands is making a mistake. Letā€™s check back in 3 years and see how many of his ā€œcommitteeā€ā€™members are given jobs.
Well, I doubt if you live there and neither do I, but I have talked to people who do. You can say what you want, but the man cares about his community and has always been there for them. Nobody's opinion on the outside (including mine) matters. Always people on the outside trying to control something they want. Because he has an opinion and goes against the establishment, he is disliked and even hated.

Advertisement
The black coaches who do get hired aren't doing themselves any favors with the results they've put up. If guys like Willie and Randy started having real success, they could begin the change and bring in qualified minorities who could then prove that they are worth hiring. The last big name i remember with any national relevance was Clint hurtt. Where is he now? Luke complaining about minorities when our HC is a minority. Gtfoh

Edit: this post was poorly worded and does not properly convey the message I'm trying make. Take that for what it's worth.
OMG, you are completely f'ing clueless like the Archie Bunker of football (You can Google him). You're comments are stereotypical. White coaches are allowed to fail, but black coaches are not and a black coach that does is somehow a representation of the capabilities of all the other black coaches in America.

Like a typical bigoted mind, you point to one minority and suggest we've somehow achieved racial equality in college football.

Based on the demographics of college football, there is an under representation among coaches, but you'll be telling us there's not enough qualified candidates.

You GTFOH!!!

Last edited:
This not the early 2000ā€™s these kids donā€™t care what Luke say, if Kodak or rick Ross said that it would hold more weight lol
I think you're wrong. He's been with the kids since they could walk. Some may not listen, but he will be in their ear and their parent's ear.

Whether it has the desired impact is irrelevant. I respect the man for taking a stance.

This feels like an Al Sharpton style shakedown of FSU by Luke. I am confident that a little money in the right pockets will change the ā€committeeā€˜sā€mind. How absurd for one group of people to think that they control what all these individual families decide at all these different schools.

Still trying to figure out who this influential character steered to Miami when Randy Shannon was the HC

The problem with Randy was that at first he was getting whomever he wanted. But the coaches soured on him when they weren't getting jobs within the program. At least that was the scuttle butt then.

Advertisement
Yeah it's cool that fsu is getting the treatment instead of us for once, but isn't anyone else tired of this bullsht? Does any staff outside of Florida get this kind of pressure? It's fcking nonsense that these guys are trying to strong arm colleges into hiring certain people, especially since anything osu or bama does is just fine. Luke and his buddies are a bunch of aholes and I dearly wish we could tell the lot of them to fck right off.
Yes others get pressure but it normally comes from redneck types in AL, LA, GA, TX, etc.

OMG, you are completely f'ing clueless like the Archie Bunker of football (You can Google him). You're comments are stereotypical. White coaches are allowed to fail, but black coaches are not and a black coach that does is somehow a representation of the capabilities of all the other black coaches in America.

Like a typical bigoted mind, you point to one minority and suggest we've somehow achieved racial equality in college football.

Based on the demographics of college football, there is an under representation among coaches, but you'll be telling us there's not enough qualified candidates.

You GTFOH!!!
You're a clown. Read the rest of my posts and you'll see that's not what i said. At no point have i said white coaches are allowed to fail. The point is you don't deserve a job based on your skin color, black or white, which is what Luke is promoting. Let any white person say what Luke said and their life would be over. Fired, death threats, etc. This is not defense of white, but the precedent Luke is trying to set is inappropriate. Underrepresentation does not equal qualifications.

Luke is a clown. And anyone who Puts their future in his hands is making a mistake.

You sound stupid AF, Devonta Freeman is The Leagues highest paid RB.

And while HS coaches had their thumbs up their @$$e$, Luke took matters into His own hands and took kids to different College campuses.

Luke's a hero, P...E...R...I...O...D...!...!...!

Advertisement
This feels like an Al Sharpton style shakedown of FSU by Luke. I am confident that a little money in the right pockets will change the ā€committeeā€˜sā€mind. How absurd for one group of people to think that they control what all these individual families decide at all these different schools.
You don't see the big picture and your statement is simpleminded. This is an issue of opportunity for minority coaches at the high school level to get
You're a clown. Read the rest of my posts and you'll see that's not what i said. At no point have i said white coaches are allowed to fail. The point is you don't deserve a job based on your skin color, black or white, which is what Luke is promoting. Let any white person say what Luke said and their life would be over. Fired, death threats, etc. This is not defense of white, but the precedent Luke is trying to set is inappropriate. Underrepresentation does not equal qualifications.
You don't need to explicitly state it. Clearly, you implied it. Yes. You don't deserve a job because of your skin color, but that applies to everyone. Not just people of color. The funny thing is that's what white people say all the time, but they are beneficiary of skin color privileges including jobs and salary. That's factual. College educated minorities still earn less that a white male with a high school diploma and less in every category of equal education and experience. Now how is that possible? Human nature dictates that people tend to hire people that look like them.

For the record, these high school coaches are just as qualified as any other high school coach that move onto college. The problem is that you can't see past skin color. You have coaches that have won. multiple state championships. The problem is people say it's because of the talent of the kids and not the coaches. It's a double standard that doesn't apply to white coaches.

You don't see the big picture and your statement is simpleminded. This is an issue of opportunity for minority coaches at the high school level to get

You don't need to explicitly state it. Clearly, you implied it. Yes. You don't deserve a job because of your skin color, but that applies to everyone. Not just people of color. The funny thing is that's what white people say all the time, but they are beneficiary of skin color privileges including jobs and salary. That's factual. College educated minorities still earn less that a white male with a high school diploma and less in every category of equal education and experience. Now how is that possible? Human nature dictates that people tend to hire people that look like them.

For the record, these high school coaches are just as qualified as any other high school coach that move onto college. The problem is that you can't see past skin color. You have coaches that have won. multiple state championships. The problem is people say it's because of the talent of the kids and not the coaches. It's a double standard that doesn't apply to white coaches.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I literally said noone deserves it, black or white. There's plenty of Injustice and inequality in the world. The goal should be to promote equality, not set a new precedent based on skin color. You're making a whole lot of assumptions about what i can't see past. Why aren't other minority coaches rushing to add these guys to their staff? Guess they're bigots too. i have nothing to gain promoting whites considering I'm not white. I just understand you don't fix the problem by giving jobs based on skin color per the Luke gameplan. But I'll take your word for it. Guess that makes me a bigot now.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I literally said noone deserves it, black or white. There's plenty of Injustice and inequality in the world. The goal should be to promote equality, not set a new precedent based on skin color. You're making a whole lot of assumptions about what i can't see past. Why aren't other minority coaches rushing to add these guys to their staff? Guess they're bigots too. i have nothing to gain promoting whites considering I'm not white. I just understand you don't fix the problem by giving jobs based on skin color per the Luke gameplan. But I'll take your word for it. Guess that makes me a bigot now.
Sport is a reflection of life. The inequalities are merely a reflection of every day life. You made your own assumptions about these coaches and Luke. Paraphrasing, basically a bunch of "uppity n****as" that should be happy their athletes are going to college who these coaches are doing more harm than good. I'm pointing out things much deeper than the surface that most overlook or substitute their perception from their own ideology. You point out a handful of black coaches as retreads. Your own ideology speaks for itself stating "the black coaches that do get hired aren't doing themselves any favors with the results they put up" This is the most stereotypical thing I've grown up in my lifetime. You have to be exceptional to get an opportunity. Do you know how many white coaches fail and have a losing record and are still coaching? How many have committed infractions and get 2nd and 3rd chances? Lets not bull**** about the double standard. You can keep your blinders on if you want or look at things thru your narrow frosty lenses, but the facts are that minority coaches are underrepresented at higher levels and face social obstacles to get there. So, if they feel they need to leverage their position to level the playing field to get noticed then so be it.

I'm African American. I grew up in a state that was 98% white. I've also lived in urban areas primarily of color. I learned how to navigate society a long time ago. I have never been one to accept what someone else thinks my worth should be. If I interview for a job and I'm just equal to my white counterpart, he's going to get the job. He can be average. I can't. I know this. I make sure I'm exceptional so that the employer says, "we have to hire him cause it's not even close." That's basically what you've said about the black coaches. They can't be average. It's not fair but it's a fact of life.

Advertisement
I interview for a job and I'm just equal to my white counterpart, he's going to get the job. He can be average. I can't. I know this. I make sure I'm exceptional so that the employer says, "we have to hire him cause it's not even close."

This is a very deep and complex issue. It's going to take a few more generations for our society to get past all race issues, though I think we are the best in the world at it (not saying much, but it's a global issue).

I'm not commenting on the struggles growing up and those that are generational, and the discrimination faced daily, both overt and not, but I will say in two circumstances of which I am familiar, the "tie" (or much lower than a tie) goes to the minority. One, in my kid's gifted program in elementary school, the white kids need to score way higher to get accepted compared to black and Hispanic kids. (And don't even mention the Asian kids). And two, my company needed to fill a slot and we focused only on minority candidates. The order was to improve diversity. I'm not opining on whether that is fair or not, or good policy or bad, but it's noteworthy to counter your view I quoted above.

This is a very deep and complex issue. It's going to take a few more generations for our society to get past all race issues, though I think we are the best in the world at it (not saying much, but it's a global issue).

I'm not commenting on the struggles growing up and those that are generational, and the discrimination faced daily, both overt and not, but I will say in two circumstances of which I am familiar, the "tie" (or much lower than a tie) goes to the minority. One, in my kid's gifted program in elementary school, the white kids need to score way higher to get accepted compared to black and Hispanic kids. (And don't even mention the Asian kids). And two, my company needed to fill a slot and we focused only on minority candidates. The order was to improve diversity. I'm not opining on whether that is fair or not, or good policy or bad, but it's noteworthy to counter your view I quoted above.
The reason your company and other are targeting minority candidates is because they've had historical lopsided hiring practices. There shouldn't be a need for affirmative action in the first place. Companies filling jobs with white candidates then backfiring with minorities to fulfill mandates. It's just lazy. Studies have been done showing that these companies are cutting off their nose to spite their face. You see, a lot of people think affirmative action is hiring inferior candidates. That may be partially true because these companies are such fools by not taking an aggressive recruiting role, they are losing out on top minority candidates that meet or exceed there white counterparts. Years ago a friend of mine (who is also African American) told me his company reached out to him to increase their minority recruiting. They asked him where they should look. He was astonished that the people at his company in charge of hiring personnel don't even know where to look.

Like every industry, people tend to hire other people that look like them. Until the leadership at the top becomes diverse, the powers that be will always hire people that look like them unless diversity is mandated. That's the bottom line.

The NFL had a history of not hiring minority coaches until the Rooney Rule of interviewing minority candidates. Without it, owners weren't even looking at minority candidates. It was as though they were invisible. This is what I stated earlier in another post. It's amazing when under the Rooney Rule, the team owners interviewed minority coaches they found guys like Mike Tomlin, Denny Green, Lovey Smith, Marvin Lewis, Tony Dungy, Herm Edwards, Todd Bowles, etc. It shouldn't have to come to that. You shouldn't have to have rules to tell people they're missing out on excellent candidates.

The problem with Randy was that at first he was getting whomever he wanted. But the coaches soured on him when they weren't getting jobs within the program. At least that was the scuttle butt then.
Randyā€™s problems began the day he stepped on campus as a coach. ā€œHistory lesson timeā€. Randy went to Northridge and had his friends. He played high school ball and college ball here. He developed relationships, like any one of us would, over years and years. When he was promoted to HC those relationships were magnified. There were the ā€œfriendsā€ of Randy and the Randy ā€œhatersā€. Everyone knows everyone. Thatā€™s not always a good thing. He had his group of coaches and schools that would push for him. He also had a group that wanted him to fail and he wasnā€™t welcome on their campuses. Itā€™s just a fact of life. Randy held grudges too. When you succeed, people take sides. We all paid the price for Donnaā€™s mistake. People just donā€™t understand.

Advertisement
Back