Uncle luke canceling fsu

Not to sh*t on u...but ICE HARRIS has delivered for us...**** 2 of HIS OWN Kids are UM graduates. You do know the 3 kids from the Walton team you speak of was Homestead kids right...the Calloway KIDS...They arent from OVERTOWN. Booker T is one of our stronghold feeder schools. Thats because of Ice.

FSU likely gets one of the Palmetto kids. But they are looked at worst than us down here. lol they have stunk it up even worse.

I hear you, but those kids committed 4 months after he publicly stated that he’d never help Miami again. He never went back on that statement until he was hired, which was 6 months after they committed. Am I not supposed to take what he says at face value?

And I’m not saying that he never helped us. What I am saying is that the influence from local coaches isn’t what Luke’s purporting it be.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20200120-111206_Twitter.jpg

Sport is a reflection of life. The inequalities are merely a reflection of every day life. You made your own assumptions about these coaches and Luke. Paraphrasing, basically a bunch of "uppity n****as" that should be happy their athletes are going to college who these coaches are doing more harm than good. I'm pointing out things much deeper than the surface that most overlook or substitute their perception from their own ideology. You point out a handful of black coaches as retreads. Your own ideology speaks for itself stating "the black coaches that do get hired aren't doing themselves any favors with the results they put up" This is the most stereotypical thing I've grown up in my lifetime. You have to be exceptional to get an opportunity. Do you know how many white coaches fail and have a losing record and are still coaching? How many have committed infractions and get 2nd and 3rd chances? Lets not bull**** about the double standard. You can keep your blinders on if you want or look at things thru your narrow frosty lenses, but the facts are that minority coaches are underrepresented at higher levels and face social obstacles to get there. So, if they feel they need to leverage their position to level the playing field to get noticed then so be it.

I'm African American. I grew up in a state that was 98% white. I've also lived in urban areas primarily of color. I learned how to navigate society a long time ago. I have never been one to accept what someone else thinks my worth should be. If I interview for a job and I'm just equal to my white counterpart, he's going to get the job. He can be average. I can't. I know this. I make sure I'm exceptional so that the employer says, "we have to hire him cause it's not even close." That's basically what you've said about the black coaches. They can't be average. It's not fair but it's a fact of life.
Bruh have you ever heard of affirmative action? My brother grew up dreaming of being an FBI agent. He busted his *** and became Salutatorian with a 4.2 GPA. He graduated from Eckerd College, a highly recognized private school. When he went to take the FBI exam, there was an African American guy as well who not only had a tutor but was allowed extra time. My brother aced the exam, in the appropriate time allotted but the black man got the job. He was all but told affirmative action was the reason. LOL

This is a very deep and complex issue. It's going to take a few more generations for our society to get past all race issues, though I think we are the best in the world at it (not saying much, but it's a global issue).

I'm not commenting on the struggles growing up and those that are generational, and the discrimination faced daily, both overt and not, but I will say in two circumstances of which I am familiar, the "tie" (or much lower than a tie) goes to the minority. One, in my kid's gifted program in elementary school, the white kids need to score way higher to get accepted compared to black and Hispanic kids. (And don't even mention the Asian kids). And two, my company needed to fill a slot and we focused only on minority candidates. The order was to improve diversity. I'm not opining on whether that is fair or not, or good policy or bad, but it's noteworthy to counter your view I quoted above.
This.

Advertisement
We need to become a post-racial society, now check off this box so we know what you are.

Bruh have you ever heard of affirmative action? My brother grew up dreaming of being an FBI agent. He busted his *** and became Salutatorian with a 4.2 GPA. He graduated from Eckerd College, a highly recognized private school. When he went to take the FBI exam, there was an African American guy as well who not only had a tutor but was allowed extra time. My brother aced the exam, in the appropriate time allotted but the black man got the job. He was all but told affirmative action was the reason. LOL

Affirmative action has never and will never achieve what it was intended for, the bigger issue is not your brother who probably got angry at the guy you saying got the job, hopefully he got angry about why there was ever a need for affirmative action in the 1st place, no just individual is going to cry over your brother's situation, he was just a victim of the past sins of those before him!

These isolated incidents you guys are speaking of, just using the word "tie" in this society their has never been a "tie" or will be a "tie" between Blacks and whites in this system, so to talk about these small really insignificant few situations is an attempt to distort the whole and real Trut.

Advertisement
Affirmative action has never and will never achieve what it was intended for, the bigger issue is not your brother who probably got angry at the guy you saying got the job, hopefully he got angry about why there was ever a need for affirmative action in the 1st place, no just individual is going to cry over your brother's situation, he was just a victim of the past sins of those before him!
No, he should have gotten the job because he was the best candidate, based off his own merits. That goes for any race.

I stopped reading after you said Eckerd College was a highly recognized private school.

Advertisement
I stopped reading after you said Eckerd College was a highly recognized private school.
It's a small Baptist private college that is highly recognized/ranked in its class. It was in the late eighties when he went. That same education allowed him to continue busting his *** and he is now vice president of Franklin Templeton mutual funds but please, carry on.
Edit: actually I think it's Presbyterian

Bruh have you ever heard of affirmative action? My brother grew up dreaming of being an FBI agent. He busted his *** and became Salutatorian with a 4.2 GPA.

Pardon me for being ignorant, but I thought the best you can get was a 4.0 GPA.

1.0 - D
2.0 - C
3.0 - B
4.0 - A

Not calling you out; I know it's possible to score 105% on a test if its perfect and you answer the bonus question.

Okay, it didn't happen to me very often, but I've heard of the concept. :)

FWIW, I think Affrimative Action is nonsense. Well intentioned racism is still racism.

It's a small Baptist private college that is highly recognized/ranked in its class. It was in the late eighties when he went. That same education allowed him to continue busting his *** and he is now vice president of Franklin Templeton mutual funds but please, carry on.

Good for him, and way to move the goalposts, my argument was Eckerds is not a highly recognized private school

Advertisement
Pardon me for being ignorant, but I thought the best you can get was a 4.0 GPA.

1.0 - D
2.0 - C
3.0 - B
4.0 - A

Not calling you out; I know it's possible to score 105% on a test if its perfect and you answer the bonus question.

Okay, it didn't happen to me very often, but I've heard of the concept. :)

FWIW, I think Affrimative Action is nonsense. Well intentioned racism is still racism.
Lol, I never did either, best I got was CumLaude because I goofed around my first couple years. I believe it has to do with the level of honors courses you take and how you grade/score. His best friend just beat him for Valedictorian at a 4.3

Last edited:
Ohhh my goodness
1579541825534.gif

Advertisement
Back