Uncle luke canceling fsu

Advertisement
Bruh have you ever heard of affirmative action? My brother grew up dreaming of being an FBI agent. He busted his *** and became Salutatorian with a 4.2 GPA. He graduated from Eckerd College, a highly recognized private school. When he went to take the FBI exam, there was an African American guy as well who not only had a tutor but was allowed extra time. My brother aced the exam, in the appropriate time allotted but the black man got the job. He was all but told affirmative action was the reason. LOL
I know I said I wasn’t gonna touch this..but I must ask..how do you the know Blackman who I guess needed a tutor for the FBI exam (never heard such thing as a US citizen being afforded a tutor for a government intelligence agency job exam) didn’t “ace” the exam..was your brother told the scores of all the other candidates? Seems highly inappropriate

Pardon me for being ignorant, but I thought the best you can get was a 4.0 GPA.

1.0 - D
2.0 - C
3.0 - B
4.0 - A

Not calling you out; I know it's possible to score 105% on a test if its perfect and you answer the bonus question.

Okay, it didn't happen to me very often, but I've heard of the concept. :)

FWIW, I think Affrimative Action is nonsense. Well intentioned racism is still racism.
Now there are AP and AICE classes that allow higher than 4.0, up to 6.0 if I recall. I know they said to get into UF now, you have to have a 4.1- 4.5 GPA.

I wasnt, but its always comedy to me to hear white people only try to point out unfairness when it comes to applying for a few jobs they wanted but consistently fail or get mad at their mirror twins!
Lmaoo..right..this why I was gonna ignore it..but **** I give in. A government intelligence agency allowing a tutor and extra time in a exam..then the other candidates allowed to know the scores of each other to determine who did better than who..that’s a new one

I know I said I wasn’t gonna touch this..but I must ask..how do you the know Blackman who I guess needed a tutor for the FBI exam (never heard such thing as a US citizen being afforded a tutor for a government intelligence agency job exam) didn’t “ace” the exam..was your brother told the scores of all the other candidates? Seems highly inappropriate
Seeing as he needed a tutor and extra time, it shouldn't matter if he did. My brother aced it and did so in the time allowed. He should have been given the job. You're right, it was highly inappropriate.

Advertisement
Lmaoo..right..this why I was gonna ignore it..but **** I give in. A government intelligence agency allowing a tutor and extra time in a exam..then the other candidates allowed to know the scores of each other to determine who did better than who..that’s a new one
I never said he was told the other person's score but the fact he had assistance and extra time, makes it irrelevant.

Seeing as he needed a tutor and extra time, it shouldn't matter if he did. My brother aced it and did so in the time allowed. He should have been given the job. You're right, it was highly inappropriate.
Okay..ima take your word for it..tho I doubt that’s how it went down..no reason to call u a flat out liar..I’ll just end by saying this, the affirmative action movement had the most profound impact on white college educated woman in America more than any other minority.

I never said he was told the other person's score but the fact he had assistance and extra time, makes it irrelevant.
So how does your brother know the black man didn’t Ace the test?..**** how does your brother know the man made use of the “tutor” or extra time..I went to school and graduated HS in south Florida. Obviously a high number of immigrants/bi lingual students. Those students are allowed a translation book and more time IF NEEDED. I’ll tell u this, ive never seen one of those kids, at least in my class actually use it. I actually had a classmate in middle school that I remember as clear as day raise issue one year (I believe 8th grade FCAT) saying them having that isn’t fair..surprise surprise it was a white kid lol...My point being you, nor your brother know if that man used it either..and I highly highly doubt a tutor would be in the same room as the other candidates taking a timed test, for obvious reasons

So how does your brother know the black man didn’t Ace the test?..**** how does your brother know the man made use of the “tutor” or extra time..I went to school and graduated HS in south Florida. Obviously a high number of immigrants/bi lingual students. Those students are allowed a translation book and more time IF NEEDED. I’ll tell u this, ive never seen one of those kids, at least in my class actually use it. I actually had a classmate in middle school that I remember as clear as day raise issue one year (I believe 8th grade FCAT) saying them having that isn’t fair..surprise surprise it was a white kid lol...My point being you, nor your brother know if that man used it either..and I highly highly doubt a tutor would be in the same room as the other candidates taking a timed test, for obvious reasons
He saw it with his own eyes. He was all but told, that they were told, they needed to hire an African American and to make it happen. That's it.
You also have to keep in mind, this was around 1990.

Advertisement
He saw it with his own eyes. He was all but told, that they were told, they needed to hire an African American and to make it happen. That's it.
Okay, fair Enough. Can I make a suggestion tho,..better yet a request..can you change your screen name to Danny vineyard Cane..or Derek vinyard cane..would be awesome 😊

Bro..idek why you touched this subject..my mans pulled a story from American History X
It's also wrong now for anyone to
Affirmative action has never and will never achieve what it was intended for, the bigger issue is not your brother who probably got angry at the guy you saying got the job, hopefully he got angry about why there was ever a need for affirmative action in the 1st place, no just individual is going to cry over your brother's situation, he was just a victim of the past sins of those before him!
I feel for his brother. Why should ANYONE be judged by the past sins of those before him? Instead of staying angry about how bad past generations had it, maybe everyone should concentrate on healing, growing & eradicating the victim mentality that has plagued your community giving kids excuses to take the easy way out instead of busting their *** because it's so much easier to claim victimhood and throw your hands up.. Very fitting this comes up on Martin Luther King day, as his dream was about being judged by the content of character regardless of skin color. Race should NEVER be factored in to decisions based on ability.

Bruh have you ever heard of affirmative action? My brother grew up dreaming of being an FBI agent. He busted his *** and became Salutatorian with a 4.2 GPA. He graduated from Eckerd College, a highly recognized private school. When he went to take the FBI exam, there was an African American guy as well who not only had a tutor but was allowed extra time. My brother aced the exam, in the appropriate time allotted but the black man got the job. He was all but told affirmative action was the reason. LOL
Earlier in my career at a “Laptop” company here in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh/Durham) I was pulled to the side as I walked out of an interview. The hiring manager told me that I was a perfect fit for the position but unfortunately they had a certain amount of minority hires they had to fill.

I actually knew the guy they took over me. He flamed out because he couldn’t do the job at there expectation. He had enough to get the interview but it hurt him in the long run. I went on to make a ton of cash. The cream always rises to the top.

I wasn’t mad. It did however make more determined to win against anyone I went up against. So in a way it actually made ME better lol. I love America!

Advertisement
I feel for his brother. Why should ANYONE be judged by the past sins of those before him? Instead of staying angry about how bad past generations had it, maybe everyone should concentrate on healing, growing & eradicating the victim mentality that has plagued your community giving kids excuses to take the easy way out instead of busting their *** because it's so much easier to claim victimhood and throw your hands up.. Very fitting this comes up on Martin Luther King day, as his dream was about being judged by the content of character regardless of skin color. Race should NEVER be factored in to decisions based on ability.
ohh CIS really on the BS today
1579544975863.gif

Okay, fair Enough. Can I make a suggestion tho,..better yet a request..can you change your screen name to Danny vineyard Cane..or Derek vinyard cane..would be awesome 😊
Who TF is that? What is your point? Do you not understand the intention of affirmative action and the corporate/HR environment in 1990?

This. All day this.

Advertisement
Earlier in my career at a “Laptop” company here in the Research Triangle Park (Raleigh/Durham) I was pulled to the side as I walked out of an interview. The hiring manager told me that I was a perfect fit for the position but unfortunately they had a certain amount of minority hires they had to fill.

I actually knew the guy they took over me. He flamed out because he couldn’t do the job at there expectation. He had enough to get the interview but it hurt him in the long run. I went on to make a ton of cash. The cream always rises to the top.

I wasn’t mad. It did however make more determined to win against anyone I went up against. So in a way it actually made ME better lol. I love America!
Agreed. My brother busted his *** even more and is now a multi millionaire.

Advertisement
Back