Uncle luke canceling fsu

Advertisement
The black coaches who do get hired aren't doing themselves any favors with the results they've put up. If guys like Willie and Randy started having real success, they could begin the change and bring in qualified minorities who could then prove that they are worth hiring. The last big name i remember with any national relevance was Clint hurtt. Where is he now? Luke complaining about minorities when our HC is a minority. Gtfoh

Poor results don’t seem to keep El Whitey from getting hired over and over. Retread City. You’re about the dumbest little Hurricane bigot in captivity. Have a few shots of bleach on all the Black coaches in the game. Your worth is at the bottom of the glass.

Dline coach for Seahawks.
That's fair. Thanks for pointing it out. The primary issue still stands the majority of these coaches don't get the results. If they did, they would get hired somewhere. Results ultimately win out in the end.

The black coaches who do get hired aren't doing themselves any favors with the results they've put up. If guys like Willie and Randy started having real success, they could begin the change and bring in qualified minorities who could then prove that they are worth hiring. The last big name i remember with any national relevance was Clint hurtt. Where is he now? Luke complaining about minorities when our HC is a minority. Gtfoh
The majority of unsuccessful coaches are white. It’s not on the few black coaches who get hired to “prove” that a whole race of coaches is worth hiring. This insanely dumb and plays on the same tropes that lead to the huge disparity in black coaches getting fair shakes at jobs.

Advertisement
Poor results don’t seem to keep El Whitey from getting hired over and over. Retread City. You’re about the dumbest little Hurricane bigot in captivity. Have a few shots of bleach on all the Black coaches in the game. Your worth is at the bottom of the glass.
You added nothing of value. I was wrong on hurtt. Didn't realize he was with the Seahawks. As far as your retread comment, that's not exclusive to skin color. Charlie strong, Willie taggert, Kevin sumlin are all retreads who are not getting results. Guys like Franklin and Shaw prove it you get results, you'll get a job. These coaches need to stop thinking they're owed something and prove they are bringing something to the table.

What you fail to realize, ignore, or think it's just fine is that Luke is referring to is the lack of minority coaches hired from the football recruiting meccas.
For decades college football coaching had been a an "old boys club" of white men who never gave minority coaches an opportunity despite fillng their rosters with the best athletes who are primarily black.

Some minority HS coaches are hired as tokens to recruit fertile minority communities. Although it may be tokenism, the opportunity allows the coaches to show what they can do and accel as a coach not just a recruiter. We would not have the minority coaches in the NFL, College Football, or any other sport unless an opportunity is given. Minority coaches just want the same opportunity to succeed or fail as their white counterparts.

This goes all the way back to the days where the perception was that the "black athlete" wasn't smart enough to play QB or coach. For decades kids that were star QBs in HS were converted to WR. When they finally broke thru there was no opportunity at the next level at QB. Not until Doug Williams won a Super Bowl did the opportunities start to trickle in. Warren Moon spent several years in the CFL winning multiple Grey Cups before getting an opportunity in the NFL despite being one of the top QBs in college football. If not for these trail blazers there would be no DeShaun Watson or Lamar Jackson in the NFL. At least not at QB. This in sports or in any other career is what is known as the "glass ceiling." The fact is that minority coaches are not given the same opportunity to succeed or fail as their white counterparts.

So, evidently what Luke and these HS coaches have decided to do is band together and leverage the power that they have. What he's saying is that you're not going to continue to pluck the best football players from Dade without hiring minority coaches and perhaps the HS coaches from Dade. Sure. There will be kids that choose schools their coaches don't want them to attend, but these coaches will steer kids elsewhere and talk to their parents about why the should or shouldn't attend a particular school. Many parents want their kids to be mentored into men when they go off to college. The parents want coaches on the staff that can relate and understand the issues their son may face.

Think about it, Luke and these coaches have known and coached these kids from pee wee football thru high school. They have molded these kids into the top recruits that they are. Shouldn't some of these coaches be given an opportunity at the next level?

This all sounds good... if Luke’s motives were actually that deep and he was looking out for the best interest of other parties. But he’s not.

Luke is an attention seeking, self serving blowhard.

Everything is always about how much attention he can keep on himself. If not for these kids and him being coach dude would be irrelevant.

This is his only platform the create the type of controversy that will have people talking about him.

The majority of unsuccessful coaches are white. It’s not on the few black coaches who get hired to “prove” that a whole race of coaches is worth hiring. This insanely dumb and plays on the same tropes that lead to the huge disparity in black coaches getting fair shakes at jobs.
That's literally a numbers game. There are more white head coaches so there will be more failures. I'm not saying a few black head coaches have to prove an entire race is worth hiring. All I'm saying is the individuals need to prove their work through results, not because they're black. All I'm saying about the ones who did get an opportunity have not gotten the results, but then you got guys like Luke saying they're going to wreck recruiting for programs who don't hire a black coach. By doing that, they are not earning an opportunity and will ultimately fail. Lots of people like to point to the boys club mentality but then when given an opportunity, show that they were ultimately not prepared or worthy of the job.

That's literally a numbers game. There are more white head coaches so there will be more failures. I'm not saying a few black head coaches have to prove an entire race is worth hiring. All I'm saying is the individuals need to prove their work through results, not because they're black. All I'm saying about the ones who did get an opportunity have not gotten the results, but then you got guys like Luke saying they're going to wreck recruiting for programs who don't hire a black coach. By doing that, they are not earning an opportunity and will ultimately fail. Lots of people like to point to the boys club mentality but then when given an opportunity, show that they were ultimately not prepared or worthy of the job.
The sport is predominately black. 53.8% of players are black. 10% of the coaches are black. There’s only around 10 FBS HC’s who are black. It’s not a numbers game. There are tons of black dudes trying to break into this arena who don’t even get a shot. There’s tons of black coaches who do a good job all around CFB and the NFL. Tons of position coaches who aren’t getting shots at coordinators because of stupid stereotypes and tropes. It’s laughable that the last one that you heard being nationally relevant is Clint Hurtt. And the fact that you think that and are regurgitating online doesn’t help with these dumb tropes.

Advertisement
The sport is predominately black. 53.8% of players are black. 10% of the coaches are black. There’s only around 10 FBS HC’s who are black. It’s not a numbers game. There are tons of black dudes trying to break into this arena who don’t even get a shot. There’s tons of black coaches who do a good job all around CFB and the NFL. Tons of position coaches who aren’t getting shots at coordinators because of stupid stereotypes and tropes. It’s laughable that the last one that you heard being nationally relevant is Clint Hurtt. And the fact that you think that and are regurgitating online doesn’t help with these dumb tropes.
Maybe you're misunderstanding what I'm saying or I'm doing a poor job of wording it. I don't pretend to know who all the best assistants are, black or white. I'm saying, when we start talking about guys we'd like to bring in, or guys who are considered hot hires, it's typically a white guy, whether it's deserved or not. Even on this board, talking about OC, the entire wish list of potential nominees have been white coaches by the members of this board. I'll know if coaches we have because they are talked about here. I'll know of coaches nationally if they are winning awards.

I'm not saying the stereotypes are true and that black coaches don't deserve an opportunity. I'm just saying they don't deserve an opportunity just because they're black coaches. What Luke is promoting is the latter which hurts more than helps.

Maybe you're misunderstanding what I'm saying or I'm doing a poor job of wording it. I don't pretend to know who all the best assistants are, black or white. I'm saying, when we start talking about guys we'd like to bring in, or guys who are considered hot hires, it's typically a white guy, whether it's deserved or not. Even on this board, talking about OC, the entire wish list of potential nominees have been white coaches by the members of this board. I'll know if coaches we have because they are talked about here. I'll know of coaches nationally if they are winning awards.

I'm not saying the stereotypes are true and that black coaches don't deserve an opportunity. I'm just saying they don't deserve an opportunity just because they're black coaches. What Luke is promoting is the latter which hurts more than helps.
Luke is just a self-aggrandizing tool, so the message gets lost. Somebody has to advocate for these black dudes to get a shot or who else will? The numbers don’t lie.

Luke is just a self-aggrandizing tool, so the message gets lost. Somebody has to advocate for these black dudes to get a shot or who else will? The numbers don’t lie.
I don't disagree, but they need to do it the right way. If luke came with some facts to support his statement and maybe opportunities not given while a lesser qualified coach was selected or ultimately got poor results, he might have an argument. Additionally, the focus shouldn't always just be for HC. Some of these guys just need a foot in the door at some of the lower level positions.

Advertisement
I don't disagree, but they need to do it the right way. If luke came with some facts to support his statement and maybe opportunities not given while a lesser qualified coach was selected or ultimately got poor results, he might have an argument. Additionally, the focus shouldn't always just be for HC. Some of these guys just need a foot in the door at some of the lower level positions.
You’ve got to get in the door as an assistant to even get a chance at coordinator and HC. The percentage of coaches period sucks. There's no "right way" to do it. You don't think these AD offices know how bad the numbers are? They're fully aware of this stuff.

Im all good with us and hope it works because they didnt get any miami kids really this class and has zero commited so far in 2021 and all

But the coaching staffs at clemson. Alabama, ohio staye and auburn has no miami huys on that staff and they dont care soooooo

Advertisement
This all sounds good... if Luke’s motives were actually that deep and he was looking out for the best interest of other parties. But he’s not.

Luke is an attention seeking, self serving blowhard.

Everything is always about how much attention he can keep on himself. If not for these kids and him being coach dude would be irrelevant.

This is his only platform the create the type of controversy that will have people talking about him.
u just a hater. This man has been in the community longer than you've been born. If you actually listen to some of his interviews other than the one's that people go ape sh** over, you'd understand.

Advertisement
Back