Uncle Luke back on board?

Advertisement
Now understand this, my ni@@a Dre can't be touched
Luke's bending over so Luke's getting fvcked, buster
Must've thought I was sleazy
Or thought I was a mark 'cause I used to hang with Eazy
Animosity made you speak what you spoke (Yeah)
Ayo, Dre (What up?) Chip this ni@@a off, loc
If it ain't another ho that I gots to fvck with
Gap teeth in your mouth so my d!ck's gots to fit
With my nuts on your tonsils
While you're on stage rappin' at your wack-a$$ concert
And I'ma snatch your a$$ from the backside
And show you how Death Row pull off that who-ride
Now you might not understand me
'Cause I'ma rob you in Compton and blast you in Miami

Luke is that ex-wife who hasn’t really gotten over you but still hates your guts so she bashes you and talks sht about you every time she can but at the same time comes over every once n a while and......well you know the rest.

This was pretty spot on.
I'll add that she rifles through your wallet and pockets while you sleep before she leaves.

This track was tight work back in the day if you were a fan. Good find. Not sure many will know what song those bars came from.

Advertisement
This track was tight work back in the day if you were a fan. Good find. Not sure many will know what song those bars came from.

Oh **** yeah. I think it's funny that one of the biggest songs of that year devoted FOURTEEN lines to dissing Luke. Lots of folks had no idea about the "gap teeth" comment being a Luke reference.

Oh **** yeah. I think it's funny that one of the biggest songs of that year devoted FOURTEEN lines to dissing Luke. Lots of folks had no idea about the "gap teeth" comment being a Luke reference.
What started the whole beef or was it just an opportunity for both to sell more records?

Good song but Dre is one of those gangster rappers that's hard on the mike but soft as **** in real life.

Advertisement
A talented rapper
I am more of a traditional music guy with drums, guitars, a bass and even a horn section where appropriate. I can go from Etta James to Iron Maiden with everything in between. Dre is a smart businessman (goes without saying), a talented lyricist and his creation of actual music with sampling and technology is pretty solid in my eyes as well. Guy has a gift.

They definitely had a sound that was fantastic out there. It was distinct. So many amazing artists in the hip hop/wrap world. I am a little older so I feel pretty lucky to have sort of lived through guys paving the way for today.

Advertisement
I am more of a traditional music guy with drums, guitars, a bass and even a horn section where appropriate. I can go from Etta James to Iron Maiden with everything in between. Dre is a smart businessman (goes without saying), a talented lyricist and his creation of actual music with sampling and technology is pretty solid in my eyes as well. Guy has a gift.

They definitely had a sound that was fantastic out there. It was distinct. So many amazing artists in the hip hop/wrap world. I am a little older so I feel pretty lucky to have sort of lived through guys paving the way for today.
wut?

/I like Dre a lot

Last edited:
What started the whole beef or was it just an opportunity for both to sell more records?

I believe that Luther spoke up first. We might have to go back and do a deep dive, but I think the most significant comments were from Luke.

Luke did a track called "Fakin' Like Gangstas" on his "I Got ****e On My Mind" solo album in early 1992.

Snoop and Dre came back with "Fvck wit Dre Day" in late 1992.

Now, I don't know if words were spoken in private, and Suge was known for stirring the pot like he was @RVACane , but I definitely remember those two songs were the "public" side of the beef.

Advertisement
I saw Luke & 2 Live Crew in Lauderdale in 87....and almost went into cardiac arrest at all the fine *** women at the show.....Jesus....

Advertisement
Back