Tears UNC Tears

Their graduate departments are great, but most of their undergrad schools aside form a few, aren’t top notch like they want you to believe. They have become a backup school for kids that couldn’t get into Wake.

If you were to tell and carolina student you go to ecu or state they would laugh at you. Little do they know if you apply early and have over a 3.5 in high school, which isn’t hard to do, you’re gonna get in more times than not.

I see it every day. Their is an attitude around that campus that they are the best thing since sliced bread and the fact is they aren’t. It’s a bubble that produces indoctrinated and entitled children.

You aren’t getting in to UNC with a 3.5. You would need an unbelievable resume outside of the GPA.

Advertisement
Duke and Carolina aren’t that different academically in most undergrad programs. Although yes you’re right Duke is much harder to get into as well.

When it comes to the 4 ACC schools in NC most kids go where they grew up cheering for aside from engineering kids who go to state and nursing students who want to go to Duke and random majors that not everybody has. But for most kids who get business, comms, or other undergrad degrees that are available everywhere they go to where they want or can get in.

Yet when it comes to those standard degrees Carolina kids tend to think they are superior to everyone else even when they aren’t. That is where the disdain for that school comes from, from everyone else.

Duke is must more respected across the country as an academic institution. UNC is closer to Miami than it is to Duke in that regard.

I love my Canes. Respectfully, as a kid raised in Chicago, MJ is huge for UNC basketball. Lawrence Taylor was a 4-time AA, twice 1st team and a 2-time Heisman runner-up. He is also in the conversation for greatest nfl LB/defensive player all time. The man deserves respect. He is as important to the history of the nfl as Ed Reed or Ray Lewis. Just a heads up.
Who cares???

Advertisement
And only fans wearing orange and green underwear would think we are good. 14 penalties and 10 sacks say that we are undisciplined and unprepared. Florida isn’t a top 10 team in any way, shape, or form either. We have to start freshmen’s on the OL because they are the best we have apparently. The line got no push on running plays and were worse in pass protection. Martell switched positions this week and somehow got more snaps than our “elite “ receivers. He must already be better than them or know the playbook better. How the **** did that happen? We might get better as the season progresses and I expect us to do so . Right now we aren’t very good and that’s putting it nicely. We have some good players but we have some liabilities too and football is a team sport last time I checked.
You watched the game and this was your assessment?

Looks like all Fan bases are delusional. Not just those from the big 3 in Florida. I love how the guy on the UNC board says they will have only 3 at the end of the 3rd and he predicts them end with 52. 7 TD's in the 4th because of come Ghey song they sing.

Advertisement
Them MFers are corny as ****. You can't talk about singing a song, locking arms with some dudes, and crying because you want to win a football game without being suspect

Advertisement
You're not getting into FSU with a 3.5 GPA these days.

Advertisement
Weighted, of course. But it's true. Even schools like UCF and USF have significantly raised admissions requirements. I wouldn't get accepted to a state university with the grades I had in high school today. Although I had a ton of 92% B's in high school.

I did my PhD at UNC and it was an excellent academic experience but the school has always been filled by big money liberal types who are extraordinarily patronizing (not the liberals I like). I don't miss that aspect but the training and opportunities to take course work in varying departments/Duke/NCSU was great.

Advertisement
Back