Tears UNC Tears

I love my Canes. Respectfully, as a kid raised in Chicago, MJ is huge for UNC basketball. Lawrence Taylor was a 4-time AA, twice 1st team and a 2-time Heisman runner-up. He is also in the conversation for greatest nfl LB/defensive player all time. The man deserves respect. He is as important to the history of the nfl as Ed Reed or Ray Lewis. Just a heads up.
Where'd you grow up in Chicago?

Advertisement
3.5 non weighted are pretty good grades. You do know that means honors and AP grades are still weighted on a 4.0 scale right?

First of all 3.5 is not that good . Stop lying about you getting in with a 3.5 it’s laughable . They want students in the top 10% of their class also where did you go to high school to do that with a 3.5? Dade county school?

Second of all no one gives a fck about your lies.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First of all 3.5 is not that good . Stop lying about you getting in with a 3.5 it’s laughable . They want students in the top 10% of their class also where did you go to high school to do that with a 3.5? Dade county school?

Lmao ok man. I went to school in wake county. Almost 50% of in state applicants get in if you have over a 4.0 weighted gpa which I did. But please continue to flex on CIS about knowing more about a school than I do that’s 20 minutes from where I live

UNC definitely favors in state. My brother at Clemson got in, he graduated high school in 2014, I was shocked being from Florida. UNC didnt offer anything he was interested in studying when it came down to it so he went to Clemson.

Clemson is a lot like NC State and Va Tech compared to say UVA and UNC. Seems like they are more textile, ag, and engineering centric

But yea they for sure prefer in state kids. That’s probably why people in NC have a much lesser view of that cesspool than some on this board, who I am assuming aren’t in NC

Clemson is a lot like NC State and Va Tech compared to say UVA and UNC.

But yea they for sure prefer in state kids. That’s probably why people in NC have a much lesser view of that cesspool than some on this board, who I am assuming aren’t in NC

Which cesspool? Clemson?

Hes an engineering major

Advertisement

Where did you go to HS?? I got into UNC, Emory, UVA, UM, GT, SMU, and Tulane all with a 3.4 unweighted just three years ago.........granted I had a perfect ACT and a stack of extracurriculars but 3.5 unweighted is a perfectly fine HS GPA.........

Lmao ok man. I went to school in wake county. Almost 50% of in state applicants get in if you have over a 4.0 weighted gpa which I did. But please continue to flex on CIS about knowing more about a school than I do that’s 20 minutes from where I live

Cool story but still no one gives a fck.

Where did you go to HS?? I got into UNC, Emory, UVA, UM, GT, SMU, and Tulane all with a 3.4 unweighted just three years ago.........granted I had a perfect ACT and a stack of extracurriculars but 3.5 unweighted is a perfectly fine HS GPA.........
I guess people are dumber than I thought.

Advertisement
So that dude hears their *** fight song and wants to go to a bar and get in a fight? Lol. His powder blue combover head button down tucked into khaki shorts with a cloth belt wearing *** would just get smoked by one esteemed CIS poster in particular that I can think of.

Advertisement
Lol this team is like UVA. They sing and do the *** sway. We can not lose to these teams man. I say we beat em by 10-13
I’d go to our games against UVA when I lived in Richmond and that arm and shoulder sway and sing is the gayest thing aside from that tool riding out on a horse with his sword drawn.

I did my PhD at UNC and it was an excellent academic experience but the school has always been filled by big money liberal types who are extraordinarily patronizing (not the liberals I like). I don't miss that aspect but the training and opportunities to take course work in varying departments/Duke/NCSU was great.
Back in the '70's UNC was elite or near-elite for grad schools in a number of fields. Often too ten or close. I remember very high rankings especially in social sciences.

But that was then. I don't know about now.

When I went to school a 3.5 was pretty **** good. Very few HS students got 3.5. And there were no extra bonus points. Things which could get you over 4.0. don't know how kids get 4.5's and some such stuff.

My 4.3 (3.3 unweighted) and 1300 sat was good enough to get me into UM, VT, and UT with partial academic schollys.

Sidenote: the weighted gpas get crazy. Valedictorian at my highschool had a 6.3 weighted gpa and 1600 sat. He went to mit and is currently on the forefront of cancer research.

Advertisement
Back