UNC Matchup

Advertisement
224.jpg

Courtesy of HurricaneSports

Advertisement
morris, duke, coley, waters, bubba, the oline are going to treat UNC like their biatches. Just sit back with a cigar in hand and enjoy da show!

'' I think Miami will be favored by somewhere around 8 or 9. His exact words were, ''Oregon doesn't lose games they shouldn't''. ''

Pretty darn close, it opened at 9 and is at 7.5 now, I expect it to be in that range most of the week.

I won my 3 team money line parley this week again. 300 paid 572 and change back, doing very well so far this year, 5-1. Had VT, Miss state, and Wyoming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UNC always plays us tough. On the road, prime time, and hostile crowd I think Heels keep it close early.

Canes 27

UNC 13

Just an FYI, nowhere near a sell out. (good for us). Renner probably better than 50% for the game, but it's an ankle injury so he won't be mobile. Temps cool but not cold, Renner should not have the sweats. Possible rain but not heavy - so far just sporadic.

UNC always plays us tough. On the road, prime time, and hostile crowd I think Heels keep it close early.

Canes 27

UNC 13

Just an FYI, nowhere near a sell out. (good for us). Renner probably better than 50% for the game, but it's an ankle injury so he won't be mobile. Temps cool but not cold, Renner should not have the sweats. Possible rain but not heavy - so far just sporadic.

Raleigh paper said they are expecting 50-52,000 fans. Not sure if that's tickets sold/distributed or actual fans. They had 60,000 for us in 2011, 57,500 in 2009, 59,000 in 2007, and 58,000 in 2004. That stadium (from personal experience) doesn't really get loud whether it's full or not, or whether it's a big game or not. UNC fans are not known for "bringing it" in the rowdy department. Not even in basketball, so I wouldn't really worry about a "hostile" atmosphere.

I was expecting a bigger spread to be honest. Vegas must think unc will be fired up for primetime game and oour history against them. We should have no issues winning this game. It's only close if we have 4 turnovers again

Advertisement
So it opened at -10 (according to Vegasinsider) and it's now at -8 according to the same site (which is a compilation of all the Vegas sports books. I wonder if they lines are historically lower for Thursday night games because of messed up travel schedules and things like that.

Advertisement
Not sure where the 10 came from but Wynn usually comes out with the first line, it was 8 went to 7.5 now back at 8. Sometimes they go by the offshore lines, the 9 I said earlier was probably an offshore line too. 8 seems to be the #. Most of the others don't even have it up yet. I usually bet over at the Hilton, I think they get theirs up late Sunday night.

So it opened at -10 (according to Vegasinsider) and it's now at -8 according to the same site (which is a compilation of all the Vegas sports books. I wonder if they lines are historically lower for Thursday night games because of messed up travel schedules and things like that.

We have a pretty battle tested team if you really think about it. Those road games last year against KSU and Notre Dame will pay dividends, especially with that long walk looming at Duke Stadium.

Sorry that was the Strat, not sure why they came out first today. But 8 seems to be the real opening #

Not sure where the 10 came from but Wynn usually comes out with the first line, it was 8 went to 7.5 now back at 8. Sometimes they go by the offshore lines, the 9 I said earlier was probably an offshore line too. 8 seems to be the #. Most of the others don't even have it up yet. I usually bet over at the Hilton, I think they get theirs up late Sunday night.

Only thing that concerns me is we haven't really played a spread passing type team yet this year.

We have proven to be stout against the run and pro style offenses but spreads with 3 or 4 wr's out there concerns me just cuz I haven't seen this defense make the right coverage reads yet and not have guys out of position due to confusion.

On the bright side we should be able to let mccord, AQM, Gilbert and the athletic edge linemen lose in this one. Seems they cant run or stop the run.

Also seems our offense should have a big day. They can't stop the run or the pass against weaker competition and don't seem to be able to get a pass rush.

Bicho is ready!!!

Advertisement
Back