UNC at Pitt

So do we want PITT to win or lose? I’m confused.

What’s the rationale for either scenario, for those of you that keep up with the intricacies of the Corstal race.

Advertisement

What’s the rationale for either scenario, for those of you that keep up with the intricacies of the Corstal race.
Well, it depends if you want Miami to win the division. UNC beating Pitt would leave us even. UVA has to lose to either Pitt or Tech which is very possible.

We want Pitt to lose. They only have 1 ACC loss. A loss tonight gives them 2, which is the same number as us and UVA (everyone else has 3+).

UVA and Pitt still have to play, next weekend, in Pittsburgh. So obviously someone will have 3 losses.

If we win out, and Pitt loses tonight, there will only be 1 other coastal team, at best, that also has 2 losses. If that team is Pitt, we go to Charlotte.

So we don't fully control our destiny if UNC wins tonight, but the road is MUCH clearer than if Pitt wins.

The easiest scenario is UNC wins tonight, and Pitt beats UVA next week, again, in Pittsburgh. If that happens, and we win out, we play for the ACC. Quite doable, but somehow, someway, we'll probably fvck it up.

Advertisement
Well, it depends if you want Miami to win the division. UNC beating Pitt would leave us even. UVA has to lose to either Pitt or Tech which is very possible.
We want Pitt to lose. They only have 1 ACC loss. A loss tonight gives them 2, which is the same number as us and UVA (everyone else has 3+).

UVA and Pitt still have to play, next weekend, in Pittsburgh. So obviously someone will have 3 losses.

If we win out, and Pitt loses tonight, there will only be 1 other coastal team, at best, that also has 2 losses. If that team is Pitt, we go to Charlotte.

So we don't fully control our destiny if UNC wins tonight, but the road is MUCH clearer than if Pitt wins.

The easiest scenario is UNC wins tonight, and Pitt beats UVA next week, again, in Pittsburgh. If that happens, and we win out, we play for the ACC. Quite doable, but somehow, someway, we'll probably fvck it up.

UNC beats Pitt. That leaves Pitt with two ACC losses like Miami.

Pitt beats UVA next week, which leaves UVA with 3 ACC losses.

Miami wins out.
Got it. Thanks to you gentlemen.

So the easiest road is UNC winning/Pitt losing tonight. If it doesn’t turn out that way, it probably takes a more complicated set of events for Miami to be in contention.

And for the record yes I want to win the division and I want to go to the ACCG. And I also want Manny fired. But I’m never going to be a cuck that cheers for us to do badly, lose, etc.

The players deserve that kind of support.

Advertisement
Got it. Thanks to both you gentlemen.

So the easiest road is UNC winning/Pitt losing tonight. If it doesn’t turn out that way, it probably takes a more complicated set of events for Miami to be in contention.

And for the record yes I want to win the division and I want to go to the ACCG. And I also want Manny fired. But I’m never going to be a cuck that cheers for us to do badly, lose, etc.

Correct. If Pitt wins tonight, we are not eliminated, but it's a more complicated road for sure.

Imagine all this crap happens. We’re 8-4 going to Charlotte. We win the ACC for the first time ever. We’re 9-4. We then win a bowl game. We’re 10-4. Then manure gets fired for a fake scandal. Blake gets sold to middle eastern human traffickers and then we hire a proper AD and a coach. A guy can dream right

Advertisement
***** that game. We just need to take care of our own business on the filed before anything.
Yes, but us winning out doesn't win the Coastal by itself.

Personally, I don't care if we win the Coastal or not. I just want to win out. IF it happens, winning the Coastal, great. If not, riding a 6 game win streak into the bowl isn't the worst thing that can happen.

I realize rational people want Manny gone…But this is a great chance to win the ACC. I just want to win it…just once.

Yes, Manny will get to stay and we may get killed in a NY1 bowl….But the ACC is so bad we could actually win it.

I realize rational people want Manny gone…But this is a great chance to win the ACC. I just want to win it…just once.

Yes, Manny will get to stay and we may get killed in a NY1 bowl….But the ACC is so bad we could actually win it.
I agree. I also think we have a solid chance at winning it next year as well. TVD getting all the first team reps in the offseason could do wonders for the O.

I want to win the Coastal, and the ACC, but just winning out is a **** of a consolation prize.

Advertisement
A great chance????? When we actually do not control our destiny and need the help of not one but two teams. No bueno friend

We here because of Manuel
He must go

Got it. Thanks to you gentlemen.

Not so much more complicated, just more unlikely. Pitt needs to lose one more game period. If they win tonight, their remaining games are UVA and Cuse, not exactly murderers row.

UVA also needs to lose one more because we both have 2 ACC losses but they beat us so they have the tie breaker. They play Pitt and Vtech. Obviously one (pitt or uva) will lose when they play one another.

So if Pitt wins tonight, and then beats UVA, we need them to lose to Cuse

If Pitt wins tonight and loses to UVA, we need UVA to lost to Vtech.

Last edited:
This coming thursday at 7:30. Big game, i would hope Pitt loses and then beat UVA the following week. That would put us in sole position of first in the Coastal, providing we take care of the 3 remaining teams we play who all have losing records.

UVA has 2 conference games left. Pitt and VT and they hold the tie breaker over us. Of course it could be chaos and everything starts going crazy and teams losing left and right. Haven't checked the scenarios if all 3 teams end up in a tie.
We hold the tiebreaker over Pitt by virtue of H2H victory

Advertisement
Back