UM's offensive staff should visit some offensive staffs in the Big12

lol Baby Richt doesn’t even call our plays. Stop blaming him for everything

Advertisement
Same gameplan?

What are you even talking about?

There’s a different gameplan for every game. Maybe in Canada it’s different, but that’s how American football is played.

”Our offensive issues (QB, OL) have been issues for some time” Sounds like ten years. Two different seasons, playing 2 different QBs, using the hand he was dealt with the personnel he inherited. Going into season three, overall, have our offensive personnel improved?

Guys’s starting his third fūcking season. Let’s go a season or 2 more before we throw in the towel on the offense.

“For me, it will mean CMR would rather lose his way than adjust” Comments like this are just incredibly dumb. There is no one on earth that would prefer to lose rather than adjust. Any person will adjust, if they think it means not losing. Try harder, it makes no sense.

With all that was said, you still found a way to send a shot a canada?! You are clearly too emotional. For topics like these, try to take off your orange and green sunglasses or you'll end up looking like a guy who screams out "Rosier for Heisman " after every completed pass.

Let a season or 2 go before we throw out the offense?? WTF are you saying?? I'm clearly stating that CMR (an offense coach), by now, should know our strengths and weaknesses. So if and when its 3 and 1 next season, and we are getting killed on power runs up the middle because opposing team know when it's coming, yes it's going to be disappointing because the same thing has been happening for a year or 2 now.

Most people try to use history to attempt to predict the future. It's a logical thing to do. I mean, we wouldn't rehire AG and just throw out the 5 years of ineptitude because we are Canes fans. That's a stupid way critically think about something.

So looking at history, CMR was relieved of his play calling duties at UGA. Watching our games, I can see why UGA might have been frustrated with his play calling ( re-read my second paragraph if you are already lost by this point). Plus, we had Mark Helfriech (I'll admit to probably spelling that wrong before you make this a spelling bee) come in supposedly help modernize the O. I cant remember one play where our scheme created space for our athletes (like Oregon's offense did with him there) instead of our athletes just being superior and making space. This is where I'm hoping CMR can ADJUST!! If Thomas Brown is saying that same thing interviews next year about players needing to get better (the same thing hes been saying for a season or 2) then the players might not be the only problem.

On defense, it appears that we will running more nickel or a 4-2-5 (whatever you can it). After watching teams force our SLB into space, manny ADJUSTED and has come back with a answer to that puts a more athletic player on the field. Why? Because do it the same way over and over again (when it's not working) is retarded! He realized an area where we were weak and came up with something to hide our vulnerability. Did he blame zach mccould for not running a 4.25?? No that doesn't address the issue. Did he simply throw out last season because he doesn't have a 4.25 SLB?? I hope understand what I'm saying by now.

I'll wait..

GO CANES

I don't have a problem with Richt's play-calling, but throughout His career, He's been known to call some clunkers.

The 24-7 debacle vs NCST in 98'.

2 points vs OU in 00'.

Could've called better games vs UNC & VT in 16'.

Didn't have a problem with His play-calling last year, although I thought that ill-advised tunnel screen to Berrios vs Wisconsin turned the whole game around. Actually that play illustrates one of my knocks against em', He can get too cute at times.

Didn't follow em' at UGA, but I'm sure He called some clunkers there.

Did you missed the part where Oklahoma state put up 56 points on a Pittsburgh team that we only put up 14 points on.

Go Canes

One sample. Still doesn’t prove your point. You continue to ignore they play flag football in the Big 12.

With all that was said, you still found a way to send a shot a canada?! You are clearly too emotional. For topics like these, try to take off your orange and green sunglasses or you'll end up looking like a guy who screams out "Rosier for Heisman " after every completed pass.

Let a season or 2 go before we throw out the offense?? WTF are you saying?? I'm clearly stating that CMR (an offense coach), by now, should know our strengths and weaknesses. So if and when its 3 and 1 next season, and we are getting killed on power runs up the middle because opposing team know when it's coming, yes it's going to be disappointing because the same thing has been happening for a year or 2 now.

Most people try to use history to attempt to predict the future. It's a logical thing to do. I mean, we wouldn't rehire AG and just throw out the 5 years of ineptitude because we are Canes fans. That's a stupid way critically think about something.

So looking at history, CMR was relieved of his play calling duties at UGA. Watching our games, I can see why UGA might have been frustrated with his play calling ( re-read my second paragraph if you are already lost by this point). Plus, we had Mark Helfriech (I'll admit to probably spelling that wrong before you make this a spelling bee) come in supposedly help modernize the O. I cant remember one play where our scheme created space for our athletes (like Oregon's offense did with him there) instead of our athletes just being superior and making space. This is where I'm hoping CMR can ADJUST!! If Thomas Brown is saying that same thing interviews next year about players needing to get better (the same thing hes been saying for a season or 2) then the players might not be the only problem.

On defense, it appears that we will running more nickel or a 4-2-5 (whatever you can it). After watching teams force our SLB into space, manny ADJUSTED and has come back with a answer to that puts a more athletic player on the field. Why? Because do it the same way over and over again (when it's not working) is retarded! He realized an area where we were weak and came up with something to hide our vulnerability. Did he blame zach mccould for not running a 4.25?? No that doesn't address the issue. Did he simply throw out last season because he doesn't have a 4.25 SLB?? I hope understand what I'm saying by now.

I'll wait..

GO CANES

About 400 words and you basically said nothing of substance.

So nothing specific other than you think defenses are diagnosing middle runs. Ok, sure, whatever you say.

And a bunch of general cliches about “space”, no specifics - this is when I know someone is reaching and has no clue.

You forgot to bltch about jet sweeps.

Other than that, nice job jibber jabbing a bunch of general meaningless complaints that only highlight your ignorance.

Advertisement
You continue to ignore they play flag football in the Big 12.

LOL...seems to me that the ACC team was the one playing flag football that day, OSU drubbed they *** 59-21.

And Syracuse beat Clemson with a QB that was worse than ours.

Now I'm not saying we should switch our offense to Syracuse's or OSU's, and I know our coaches have a lot on their plates, but would it hurt to at least watch what they do on offense to pick up something you can use against a future opponent?

OSU had Mason Rudolph. The winningest quarterback in Oklahoma State history ... Led the Cowboys to a 32-9 record as a starter, including 10 victories in games in which OSU trailed during the second half ... Beat every team in the Big 12 during his career ... Finished his career holding no fewer than 54 school records, including single-season and career marks for passing yards, passing touchdowns and pass efficiency ... His 13,618 career passing yards ranks fourth in Big 12 history ... His career mark of 324.2 passing yards per game is third in Big 12 history ... Among FBS quarterbacks active in 2017, he ranked in the top three in passing yards per completion, passing yards per attempt, total passing yards, passing yards per game, total offense and total offense yards per play. We had Rosier.

About 400 words and you basically said nothing of substance.

So nothing specific other than you think defenses are diagnosing middle runs. Ok, sure, whatever you say.

And a bunch of general cliches about “space”, no specifics - this is when I know someone is reaching and has no clue.

You forgot to bltch about jet sweeps.

Other than that, nice job jibber jabbing a bunch of general meaningless complaints that only highlight your ignorance.

I think we found Jon Richt burner account. Lol..

Buddy, I have a life. I'm not gonna draw diagrams about how we failed so you can continue to babble about 'ignorance'. I don't have to be living in an outhouse to know something doesn't smell right. Why even open the thread is your answer is to 'throw away that last 2 season'.

Let's argee to disagree. I think CMR should be able to find ways to work around our weakness. You want to 'throw away the last 2 seasons. Cool..

Go Canes.

Advertisement
I think we found Jon Richt burner account. Lol..

Buddy, I have a life. I'm not gonna draw diagrams about how we failed so you can continue to babble about 'ignorance'. I don't have to be living in an outhouse to know something doesn't smell right. Why even open the thread is your answer is to 'throw away that last 2 season'.

Let's argee to disagree. I think CMR should be able to find ways to work around our weakness. You want to 'throw away the last 2 seasons. Cool..

Go Canes.

Ok, so you can’t give any specifics because you’re clueless about offensive playcalling, yet expert enough to understand in detail how flawed Richt is. Makes sense. Ladies and gentlemen, another lemming following the tired mantra of Richt is a bad play caller without having a single fūcking idea of what he’s talking about. But it sounds cool because other people are saying it, so let me hop on.

What does John Richt have to do with this, anyway? He wasn’t even part of the conversation or relevant to the discussion. Are you on the spectrum?

Also, throw away the last 2 seasons? Not sure what you mean by that, but are you talking about the best 2 consecutive seasons we’ve head in 16 years? Those last two seasons? You know usually after a coaching change there’s a transition period, right? I mean, it’s like clockwork usually.

Do you even have a point, now? You seem to have lost your train of thought.

Last edited:
What’s eerie is the fans that keep saying wait until he gets his players for his system sounds similar to what fans were saying about golden and his defense when he got here. A good coach designs a system around his players that he has even is that means changing constantly

What’s eerie is the fans that keep saying wait until he gets his players for his system sounds similar to what fans were saying about golden and his defense when he got here. A good coach designs a system around his players that he has even is that means changing constantly

Richts been here two seasons and was a cancelled win from having an 11 win season. Who are the good coaches that are blowing that out of he water?

Advertisement
What’s eerie is the fans that keep saying wait until he gets his players for his system sounds similar to what fans were saying about golden and his defense when he got here.

LOL...don't they man.

To be fair He didn't inherit a wealth of depth at the skill positions, but some folks make it sound like He inherited 07' Miami who had to play a punter at WR the year before.

see, this is what I mean

criticize anything, and you get crap like this as "feedback"

no we shouldn't look for a new coach, I suggest kicking more on side kickoffs after a half where we're up on a team and have momentum though

"I suggest kicking more on side kickoffs after half",, might be why you get crap for feedback.

An again a common opponent they ok state put up 56 points against Pitt and struggled to put up 14 points. That ok st team was loaded with 3* kids whom they coach the hall out of, to the point the AD called out Gundy an said they need to recruit better.

Oklahoma State AD criticizes coach Mike Gundy for lack of recruiting prowess

Miami's offensive staff needs help so why not go an learn from the people who believe first team to 50 pts wins.

An as for your comment about none of the schools in the b12 play defense there are people in normon Oklahoma, Fort Worth Texas and Manhattan, Kansas that would like to speak with you.

Go Canes

There is a coach out there who would not in on hot seat here within five years. We live for titles not points and none of them win those things.

Advertisement
richts stubborn

you can't really criticize him on this board because of how much people love him, but I see issues with him.
Listen no man is above constructive criticism....
Do you think the issues with him warrant a search for a new coach? Just asking.
No but I'm not gonna be satisfied with uga results a Miami. Listen I know you're a Richt rider. But he is a HC and the plant mgr it falls on him. You're so biased...

So, Butch Davis should have won 10 games in 97 if he was any good? Dude, coaches can only work with what they have, and Richt needs to build a champion, because he did not inherit one.

Butch was never known for his x and os so he needed his guys to out talent ppl. If CMr real skill as an offensive play caller is to just put talent ppl then yea he needs his guys but ppl here are saying we need him to be more than that and even win despite less talent by out scheming ppl

And if that’s not his thing he should get help. There’s nothing wrong with that

Advertisement
Back