UM's offensive staff should visit some offensive staffs in the Big12

Paranos

All-ACC
Miami often tries to run this inside play and it either gets stuffed or goes for 1 or 2 yds.

Advertisement
Mike Gundy plucked this guy 6years ago from a DII school and he has had OK st running one of the top 5 offenses in the country every year since. Mean while at Miami we have whom jon richt cashing a Nepotism check. While our QB's lack development, what does it say when a true freshman like Jaren Williams is the most polished passer in the QB room that has a 5th year senior and two redshirt freshman that have been coached by richt for 3 years now. The staff needs to go visit other schools and learn new techniques.

Last edited:
I mention Oklahoma state because we have a common opponent from last year Pittsburgh they dropped 56 points on Pittsburgh 42 of which came in the 1st half where is we struggled mightily against Pittsburgh. Pitt had all summer to gameplan for OK St an got smoked at home were as they had a week to prep for Miami an beat miami because our offense was poo poo.

The big 12's top 2 defenses ranked 18th ( TCU) and 40th (Texas) nationally.

FBS Conference Defensive Ranks
CONFERENCE AVERAGE DEFENSE FPI
ACC5.1
Big Ten4.7
SEC4.1
Big 12 2.8
Pac-12 2.2
American-3.2
MAC-3.8
Mountain West-4.0
Sun Belt-5.6
Conference USA-6.2

Advertisement
The big 12's top 2 defenses ranked 18th ( TCU) and 40th (Texas) nationally.

FBS Conference Defensive Ranks
CONFERENCE AVERAGE DEFENSE FPI
ACC5.1
Big Ten4.7
SEC4.1
Big 12 2.8
Pac-12 2.2
American-3.2
MAC-3.8
Mountain West-4.0
Sun Belt-5.6
Conference USA-6.2

Did you missed the part where Oklahoma state put up 56 points on a Pittsburgh team that we only put up 14 points on.

Go Canes

I have to agree Paranos. We need creativity in our offense. Even with all our oline issues we could be doing better. I think we need to run the hurry up more and get our athletes in space. I know its not the same competition level but have you guys seen FAU's offense? Its pretty dam impressive live.

Mike Gundy plucked this guy 6years ago from a DII school and he has had OK st running one of the top 5 offenses in the country every year since. Mean while at Miami we have whom jon richt cashing a Nepotism check. While our QB's lack development, what does it say when a true freshman like Jaren Williams is the most polished passer in the QB room that has a 5th year senior and two redshirt freshman that have been coached by richt for 3 years now. The staff needs to go visit other schools and learn new techniques.

Relax, Paranos.

Relax, Paranos.

When you have schools like Pitt talking crap about Miami and beating us by 10pts because our offense is poo poo considering our offense staff is paid more than our defensive staff is an issue. We should be curb stomping those coal shoveling sumamabitchs.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Naw; imma have to agree w the OP and @Paranos ; our offense been low key weak sauce, even against weak defensive teams. Arguably, on paper, we got one of the top skilled positions in the country. There’s no way we should be struggling on 3rd Downs, or TOP. I don’t mind the TOP as long as we pumping out points in droves like our 01-03 squads. We should avg no less than 35 ppg.

Advertisement

We won 10 games with freaking Rosier at QB. Now, I'm not a big fan of Rosier, so for this staff to squeeze 10 wins out of him is an accomplishment.

They don't need to learn jack from other schools. What they need is to get the right QB into the game. In my opinion year three they should have a QB, but the situation was a little unique. Kaaya left early, or we never have to have Rosier start last year, or freak out over Perry not winning the job as a true freshman. Going into this season, though, we have a QB with starting experience, and two young, talented players pushing for the job. I don't see how that's end of the world stuff, myself.

Bro do you really think Richt gave Richt jr absolute control over qbs ... lol come on man

Last edited:
Advertisement
Naw; imma have to agree w the OP and @Paranos ; our offense been low key weak sauce, even against weak defensive teams. Arguably, on paper, we got one of the top skilled positions in the country. There’s no way we should be struggling on 3rd Downs, or TOP. I don’t mind the TOP as long as we pumping out points in droves like our 01-03 squads. We should avg no less than 35 ppg.
It falls on Coach Richt period.

Someone made the statement of lane kiffin lighting at Fau personally I think it’s just being able to get away with it at that competition level ... I mean he had better players and wasn’t lighting it up like that at Bama and when fau played Wisconsin they really didn’t light it up

Advertisement
Back