UM's offensive staff should visit some offensive staffs in the Big12

Exactly, Not saying richt doesn’t need to improve play calling , he does but in that game it defintiely wasn’t the issue. Rosier just wasn’t executing and he was off accuracy wise that entire game, actually most of the second half of the season. Receivers were running wide open he just missed them. That’s not on playcalling

Advertisement
In that same vein our defense was weak sauce vs Wisconsin, clemson, Toledo , FSU in the 4th quarter where the defense gave up 2 tds late and the offense saved their ***, uva game getting down by 14 , the offense tied it up and then they went down again by 14 and the offense took over the game in addition to Jaquan putting points on the board and several other games

We're not talking about the Defense though...although I have my gripes w/ them as well. Our offense should be a scoring machine, and it's not. A lot of that has to do w/ basic, vanilla game planning.

So you think this guy would have gotten more out of Malik Rosier last season than Mark Richt did?
6 years? Hmmm. As QB coach an OC at FSU (10 year stint) Mark Richt won two National Championships, and coached three Heisman candidates with 2 winners and 1 runner-up.

come again.

No I am saying Coach Richt hired his son instead of someone competent that would challenge or at the very least help him to be a better play caller.

Go Canes

Advertisement
No I am saying Coach Richt hired his son instead of someone competent that would challenge or at the very least help him to be a better play caller.

Go Canes

That’s not the job of the QB coach, that would be Thomas Brown’s job. So your beef is with him.

Do you even know what a QB coach mostly does? He’s a technique guy. It’s the OC that’s the play caller. Who’s the OC?

You must know this. Did you have temporary brain infarct?

That’s not the job of the QB coach, that would be Thomas Brown’s job. So your beef is with him.

Do you even know what a QB coach mostly does? He’s a technique guy. It’s the OC that’s the play caller. Who’s the OC?

You must know this. Did you have temporary brain infarct?

So you do know that Thomas brown went from being the RB Coach at UGA to OC st Miami. You proved my point about coach richt hiring yes men instead of offensive coaches to challenge him. An I skipped Thomas brown being the OC because Coach Richt needed a higher title for coach brown to justify paying him the amount of money he is getting. Coach Brown is a good recruiter and he is familiar presence for Richt. An you can see the results in the lack of creative in our predictable offensive play calling from Coach Richt supported by Coach brown and coach jon richt.

Go Canes

Our offensive issues (QB, OL) have been issues for some time. With CMR being as seasoned as he is, If we go into next year with the same gameplan we had last year it will be very disappointing (I'm saying that as positive as I can). For me, it will mean CMR would rather lose his way than adjust.

Big 12 won how many NCs in last 15 years? Why should we copy them. I know they score lots on points but none of them have any defense. That has always been the case with high scoring offenses— no defense. Ever stop to think that crappy defense might be the fault of the type of offense? Sure you want to score points, but you want to crush the other team in the process not just run track meet.

Advertisement
So you do know that Thomas brown went from being the RB Coach at UGA to OC st Miami. You proved my point about coach richt hiring yes men instead of offensive coaches to challenge him. An I skipped Thomas brown being the OC because Coach Richt needed a higher title for coach brown to justify paying him the amount of money he is getting. Coach Brown is a good recruiter and he is familiar presence for Richt. An you can see the results in the lack of creative in our predictable offensive play calling from Coach Richt supported by Coach brown and coach jon richt.

Go Canes

"Lack of creative in our predictable offensive play calling"

My man, did you watch the video you posted? This supposed offensive maestro just admitted that he runs inside zone into 8 man fronts when the entire stadium knows what's coming. Not exactly creative. The goal is 4 yards on first down - again, not entirely groundbreaking offensive strategy.

It all boils down to execution. Hat on hat from the linemen, good read by the qb, one broken arm tackle, 5 yards. It's a simple game. So simple, in fact, that our (insert derisive adjective you prefer) offensive staff managed to turn a baseball player, who (absent shirt'n'tie stealing him from the sun belt) would've been at south Alabama, into a guy that breaks the single season record for tds at Miami.

Go Canes

You’re doing more sidestepping than a nervous running back.

In spite of all your disingenuity and deflection, a QB coach still has nothing to do with calling plays, that’s not how it works.

And you do know that even though Richt is the maestro of the offense, Brown is more than the OC in name only. If you kept up with the team, you would know that he has quite a bit of OC responsibility, including sharing playcalling.

If anybody is going to call out Richt, assuming your original premise that he needs to be called out is correct, it would be Thomas Brown. He has OC responsibilities, and he looks like a grown *** man to me, the kind that wouldn’t be afraid to have a man to man with Richt.

So I guess you’re saying that Thomas Brown is a scared yes-man pušśy that’s afraid to call out Richt. That’s the only logical conclusion of your entire premise.

Go Canes
We have 3 OC, lol. You could even say 4 as the qb coach is directly tied to the head of offense. We should be lighting the scoreboard up! Its embarrassing to have that much titles be thrown around and a struggling offense. smh. Hopefully richt puts his ego aside, just become a head coach and bring in a real offensive guru soon.

Our offensive issues (QB, OL) have been issues for some time. With CMR being as seasoned as he is, If we go into next year with the same gameplan we had last year it will be very disappointing (I'm saying that as positive as I can). For me, it will mean CMR would rather lose his way than adjust.

I’m already at this sunken place. Richt is stubborn, and he won’t adjust.

Yes, he’s an upgrade from golden, but I don’t think he’s anything more than John Cooper.

9-10 wins in perpetuity is what we got in Richt

Advertisement
Those big12 offenses are fun to watch but there is one problem when the field shrinks so does that kind of offense.footba!l is still decided by the big uglies up front.you can't always bank on the big play sometimes that old adage 3 yards and a cloud of dust is best especially inside the redzone.

I’m already at this sunken place. Richt is stubborn, and he won’t adjust.

Yes, he’s an upgrade from golden, but I don’t think he’s anything more than John Cooper.

9-10 wins in perpetuity is what we got in Richt

I hear u! Im holding out hope that he realizes he needs to update his playbook and calls after this season. I mean, if we need 5 star talent everywhere to win, what are we gonna do when we play a team that has the same caliber of athletes. I love CMR as a CEO. OC ?? I'm waiting to see something that defines him as a play caller. Right now, his O is predictable.

Advertisement
Big 12 won how many NCs in last 15 years? Why should we copy them. I know they score lots on points but none of them have any defense. That has always been the case with high scoring offenses— no defense. Ever stop to think that crappy defense might be the fault of the type of offense? Sure you want to score points, but you want to crush the other team in the process not just run track meet.

An again a common opponent they ok state put up 56 points against Pitt and struggled to put up 14 points. That ok st team was loaded with 3* kids whom they coach the hall out of, to the point the AD called out Gundy an said they need to recruit better.

Oklahoma State AD criticizes coach Mike Gundy for lack of recruiting prowess

Miami's offensive staff needs help so why not go an learn from the people who believe first team to 50 pts wins.

An as for your comment about none of the schools in the b12 play defense there are people in normon Oklahoma, Fort Worth Texas and Manhattan, Kansas that would like to speak with you.

Go Canes

Same gameplan?

What are you even talking about?

There’s a different gameplan for every game. Maybe in Canada it’s different, but that’s how American football is played.

”Our offensive issues (QB, OL) have been issues for some time” Sounds like ten years. Two different seasons, playing 2 different QBs, using the hand he was dealt with the personnel he inherited. Going into season three, overall, have our offensive personnel improved?

Guys’s starting his third fūcking season. Let’s go a season or 2 more before we throw in the towel on the offense.

“For me, it will mean CMR would rather lose his way than adjust” Comments like this are just incredibly dumb. There is no one on earth that would prefer to lose rather than adjust. Any person will adjust, if they think it means not losing. Try harder, it makes no sense.

Go Canes

Mark Richt doesn't need help with play-calling and that's what you can't comprehend... As far as Pitt and Miami's running game, you need to look at personnel and understand it all starts up front. Richt has TWO RECRUITING CLASSES on campus and your savior has been at OKSt. for 6 YEARS implementing and running his system.

We're talking about Malik Rosier... I don't care who you have "challenging" Richt to call plays it's still Malik Rosier executing the offense, and we still can't convert 3&1.

Richt manufactured a running game by adding the QB draw, Wildcat, and RPO. If you really understood what you were looking at you'd know he got the most out of the personnel he had.

"Lack of creative in our predictable offensive play calling"

My man, did you watch the video you posted? This supposed offensive maestro just admitted that he runs inside zone into 8 man fronts when the entire stadium knows what's coming. Not exactly creative. The goal is 4 yards on first down - again, not entirely groundbreaking offensive strategy.

It all boils down to execution. Hat on hat from the linemen, good read by the qb, one broken arm tackle, 5 yards. It's a simple game. So simple, in fact, that our (insert derisive adjective you prefer) offensive staff managed to turn a baseball player, who (absent shirt'n'tie stealing him from the sun belt) would've been at south Alabama, into a guy that breaks the single season record for tds at Miami.

Agreed. Everyone has to simply do there part and RPO gets you 4-5 yards minimal per play. My two main issue with our RPO is Rosier decision making and our OC not adding a pass component. Rosier relies too heavily on the “when in doubt” hand it to the RB theme the OSU coach mentioned. There were so many times, but especially in the Pitt game, when Rosier would hand the ball to the RB despite the DE selling to come hard inside. Pitt was totally looking to stop us from running inside and Rosier rarely keep it at the right times. As far as OC, we rarely pass out of this package. It allows times to load up. A pop pass here and there adding the third component would open things up in the middle and put the defense on there heels because they would have to defend the whole field.

Advertisement
Back