UM's offensive staff should visit some offensive staffs in the Big12

Advertisement
richts stubborn

you can't really criticize him on this board because of how much people love him, but I see issues with him.

Do you think the issues with him warrant a search for a new coach? Just asking.

Ain't none of our offensive issues anywhere close to rocket science. The scheme is not the issue nor is it play design or play calling. It is ****tty OL run blocking along with a QB who is simply not cut out for the level of performance we need consistently. If you put dorsey, Winston, Harris, Morris, or pretty much any other capable qb in place of rosier our output would be on another level. Rosier is a diehard cane whom I love and respect but his deficiency is simply suicide. I pray I'm wrong, attack if you want, but It doesn't change facts.

Someone made the statement of lane kiffin lighting at Fau personally I think it’s just being able to get away with it at that competition level ... I mean he had better players and wasn’t lighting it up like that at Bama and when fau played Wisconsin they really didn’t light it up

Maybe, but a lot of the innovative stuff comes from the lower levels.

Remember when WVU lit up Clemson for 70, well Holgorsen gave Stitt a lot of credit for that.

Also PSU's offense took off when Franklin hired Moorhead from Fordham.

Advertisement
The offense did look kind of stale last year. How much of that is because Richt can't play call? I have no idea, but I do know he was left with a less than desirable O-line, bad QB room, and had injuries to skill players. In his second year he won 10 games. Give him time to get his style of players so they can run his style of offense. He had essentially one and a half recruiting cycles to work with, let's see how it looks this year.

The offense did look kind of stale last year. How much of that is because Richt can't play call? I have no idea, but I do know he was left with a less than desirable O-line, bad QB room, and had injuries to skill players. In his second year he won 10 games. Give him time to get his style of players so they can run his style of offense. He had essentially one and a half recruiting cycles to work with, let's see how it looks this year.
I saw enough missed plays that would have been TDS to say Richt is at fault. You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but 10 wins tasted pretty good. Richt knows the QBs limitations and called plays accordingly.

Advertisement
Not enamored with Big 12 football like many on this board seem to be but Rosier probably wouldn't start for most teams in the Big 12. It's pretty difficult to have a high-powered offense when the offensive line is average and the QB is below average. I am not saying Richt doesn't need to improve his play calling and/or offensive game plans but you can only do so much when you can't run the ball consistently and can't depend on the QB to consistently complete passes.

I'll wait for the Rosier defenders to storm in here about how he carried the team to 10 wins and spew garbage like completion percentage is overrated. Then they'll make references to Trent Dilfer leading the Ravens to a Superbowl with no mention of the Ravens having one of the best defensive units that the NFL has seen in the last 25 years.

Maybe, but a lot of the innovative stuff comes from the lower levels.

Remember when WVU lit up Clemson for 70, well Holgorsen gave Stitt a lot of credit for that.

Also PSU's offense took off when Franklin hired Moorhead from Fordham.
Yea I mean There are instances for sure but people are calling for the triple option jet sweep .. I’m just saying get Richt a qb that can execute and we will be fine

Not enamored with Big 12 football like many on this board seem to be but Rosier probably wouldn't start for most teams in the Big 12. It's pretty difficult to have a high-powered offense when the offensive line is average and the QB is below average. I am not saying Richt doesn't need to improve his play calling and/or offensive game plans but you can only do so much when you can't run the ball consistently and can't depend on the QB to consistently complete passes.

I'll wait for the Rosier defenders to storm in here about how he carried the team to 10 wins and spew garbage like completion percentage is overrated. Then they'll make references to Trent Dilfer leading the Ravens to a Superbowl with no mention of the Ravens having one of the best defensive units that the NFL has seen in the last 25 years.
Real talk though

The difference between Miami Ok St and Ok Last year....

Ok St. - Mason Rudolph - 4 year starter - 3rd Round Pick - Ok St Passing Record holder
Oklahoma - Number one overall pick and Heisman Winner - Baker Mayfield
Miami - Rosier. We know the Story

That's it.

Advertisement
Do you think the issues with him warrant a search for a new coach? Just asking.

see, this is what I mean

criticize anything, and you get crap like this as "feedback"

no we shouldn't look for a new coach, I suggest kicking more on side kickoffs after a half where we're up on a team and have momentum though

When Richt doesn't have a QB.......he wins. When he has a QB, he wins BIG. When Lambert was there he underachieved. Say what you want but every QB isn't gonna take your coaching how you want. But for Richt they usually do. Don't lose sight of the fact of who Richt is. His QB's win Heismans. His QB's set records. **** even the crappy ones perform. Stay sleep but don't wake up and be all rah rah when Kosi or Jarren pop and that offense you hate explodes. This ain't rocket science.
qbs.PNG

Advertisement
When Richt doesn't have a QB.......he wins. When he has a QB, he wins BIG. When Lambert was there he underachieved. Say what you want but every QB isn't gonna take your coaching how you want. But for Richt they usually do. Don't lose sight of the fact of who Richt is. His QB's win Heismans. His QB's set records. **** even the crappy ones perform. Stay sleep but don't wake up and be all rah rah when Kosi or Jarren pop and that offense you hate explodes. This ain't rocket science.View attachment 60971

Agree with most of your post, but the only reason Lambert was there was because Richt crapped the bed on recruiting Watson. Seems like the change of scenery has broadened His mind on QB recruiting.

Agree with most of your post, but the only reason Lambert was there was because Richt crapped the bed on recruiting Watson. Seems like the change of scenery has broadened His mind on QB recruiting.
Right. And he still won in spite of that and the storm that was going on at UGA at the time. I have no worries. I have a post questioning Kosi, but I still love his potential as well as Jarren and even Cade DEMONSTRATIVELY more that Rosier. I ain't got no real worries.

Naw; imma have to agree w the OP and @Paranos ; our offense been low key weak sauce, even against weak defensive teams. Arguably, on paper, we got one of the top skilled positions in the country. There’s no way we should be struggling on 3rd Downs, or TOP. I don’t mind the TOP as long as we pumping out points in droves like our 01-03 squads. We should avg no less than 35 ppg.
In that same vein our defense was weak sauce vs Wisconsin, clemson, Toledo , FSU in the 4th quarter where the defense gave up 2 tds late and the offense saved their ***, uva game getting down by 14 , the offense tied it up and then they went down again by 14 and the offense took over the game in addition to Jaquan putting points on the board and several other games

Advertisement
Back