UM Weight Room Results

Concerned about Wyche only squating 270.

If Wyche can only squat 275, then he must never sit down because he'd be unable to get back up.

Funny…but makes no sense.

It's because he weighs 340lbs, and if he can't squat his body weight, then he shouldn't be able to get up from a "sitting down" position.

Stop and think about what you just said. When you are squatting…the bar and weight on it are INCREMENTAL to your body weight (at least your torso and up). Therefore, if you squat 300 lbs, the weight that your legs are taking on is actually more than 300 lbs, especially with a large guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Everything looks pretty impressive. The only thing that caught my eye was the lack of vertical by our DB's.

Concerned about Wyche only squating 270.

If Wyche can only squat 275, then he must never sit down because he'd be unable to get back up.

It's because he weighs 340lbs, and if he can't squat his body weight, then he shouldn't be able to get up from a "sitting down" position.

Stop and think about what you just said. When you are squatting…the bar and weight on it are INCREMENTAL to your body weight (at least your torso and up). Therefore, if you squat 300 lbs, the weight that you legs are taking on is actually more than 300 lbs.

It was a ******* joke, Mr. Science.

Stop and think about what you just said. When you are squatting…the bar and weight on it are INCREMENTAL to your body weight (at least your torso and up). Therefore, if you squat 300 lbs, the weight that you legs are taking on is actually more than 300 lbs.

Oh really? Gosh I thought you were dead serious. My bad.

So you like to waste time picking apart the bio physics of an obvious joke? Have fun watching paint dry this afternoon.

Advertisement

So you like to waste time picking apart the bio physics of an obvious joke? Have fun watching paint dry this afternoon.

417.gif

How has no one gave props to Gus Edwards? He broke a Willis McGahee record in the weight room and he ran a 4.5 consistently at almost 240 lbs. Gus has put in work this off season, and really grown into his body! At this rate by next year Gus will be 245 lbs running a 4.4 and one of the strongest players on the team.... That's scary

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Last edited:
He was laser timed. Thats what happened

Someone "fat fingered" the stopwatch?

If you know anything about football you would know a stop watch time compared to a laser time takes .2 to .24 seconds off the time...

So Yearby would actually run a 4.85 laser time? Also added .2 to others-

4.65 Coley
4.76 Burns
4.78 Edwards
4.86 Scott
5.17 Dobard

We fast :)
5.71 Kaaya

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back