UM trustees discuss Golden

The dreaded "vote of confidence" for Golden is what I get from that article. You really think a BOT member would publicly say we really don't care if one or two boosters do not donate, what we care about is if a lot more do not donate knowing the state of the program? This was put out to calm the masses nothing more.

Advertisement
They're working you guys like puppets through the media. I ain't buying any of it.

They feel all this hatred and unrest halfway through the season. They feel it enough to start disseminating propaganda to beat everyone down and try to make the "Fire Folden" movement seem useless so we will stop.

This is politics 101. Problem is they showed their hand too early to the smart people who can see through what they're doing. They're scared and trying to protect whatever revenue they can salvage for the remainder of this season.

They also hate being embarrassed publicly and hope they can snuff the movement by making the movement seem hopeless.

Keep grinding. Folden is finished.

Barry Jackson is a world-class thief right now with his job at the Herald. I am impressed. That article stinks of bull**** and guesses that sound reasonable.

every other Herald reporter has been trending negative against him, you think this is the Herald's way of being fair and balanced?

Advertisement
If you were a new president, would you want to hire your own coach or inherit one that was hired less than a year before you start?

Who cares about the President? The decision should be made by the BOT as representatives of the community, that is their fiduciary role. The decision should not be affected by what is politically correct for the President.

I
If you were a new president, would you want to hire your own coach or inherit one that was hired less than a year before you start?

I'm as ****ed as the next guy about the status of the program. The defensive scheme is a wreck and tired of here silly excuses from Golden. Someone needs to be held accountable. That said, I laugh at the thought of board of trustee members huddled around a table debating the merits of our halftime adjustments. Or weighing on the coaching expertise of our secondary coach.
The simple fact is Golden isn't going anywhere soon, unless he can find a happy landing spot. So it's probably counter productive to be flying banners and trashing the guy from one end of the county to the other. Not good for recruiting, image or immediate future of the program. Like it or not, we're stuck with him for now. Best can hope for is he sees the light and we end up with a new defensive coordinator.

I'm as ****ed as the next guy about the status of the program. The defensive scheme is a wreck and tired of here silly excuses from Golden. Someone needs to be held accountable. That said, I laugh at the thought of board of trustee members huddled around a table debating the merits of our halftime adjustments. Or weighing on the coaching expertise of our secondary coach.
The simple fact is Golden isn't going anywhere soon, unless he can find a happy landing spot. So it's probably counter productive to be flying banners and trashing the guy from one end of the county to the other. Not good for recruiting, image or immediate future of the program. Like it or not, we're stuck with him for now. Best can hope for is he sees the light and we end up with a new defensive coordinator.

I always laugh at posters who most likely know nothing and who make these definitive statements. Shannon wasn't going anywhere either.

I also laugh at the dim wits who believe that a banner will hurt recruiting and the immediate future of the program more than getting assraped on national TV three times in a single year.

I expect an above the fray response from you.

Advertisement
**** the administration and **** Fake Blames.

There isn't a commitment to winning by this school and its a **** shame.

Who cares about the president? The next coach will because they will be his boss. If you are a coach right now, would you walk in to a situation where you know in less than 1 year, the president an/or the AD that hired you will not be there. The BOT can force a change now, but what if the new president don't like the new coach. Shouldn't that president have the right to bring in who they want.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Golden shouldn't be fired, I actually think it might be a good idea, but you have to look at the entire situation not only from a what to do now standpoint, but how will this shake out in May when a new president is hired.

Yeah, let's gets some national exposure and make the program relevent again . . . fly a banner saying the head coach sucks and should be fired. Brilliant recruiting tool. Next time, we can rally on his front lawn and burn him in effigy.

Advertisement
If Golden is here into next spring, everyone should boycott. Don't buy season tickets, don't donate etc. To each their own, but the only way to get through to these incompetent ***** is through your wallet.

Yeah, let's gets some national exposure and make the program relevent again . . . fly a banner saying the head coach sucks and should be fired. Brilliant recruiting tool. Next time, we can rally on his front lawn and burn him in effigy.
Ah shut the **** up you dumb ****. Getting blown out, fielding a defense that is laughed at across the football world, having players that couldn't start here yet play in the NFL, and having an offense that can't convert 3rd downs is more than enough to affect recruiting. The banner will do nothing but let the powers that be know how the fans feel.

Hey, stay classy.

Ah shut the **** up you dumb ****. Getting blown out, fielding a defense that is laughed at across the football world, having players that couldn't start here yet play in the NFL, and having an offense that can't convert 3rd downs is more than enough to affect recruiting. The banner will do nothing but let the powers that be know how the fans feel.

Advertisement
http://www.stateoftheu.com/2010/10/31/1785613/virginia-post-game-thread-the-full-autopsy

After UM's blowout loss against Florida State, Shalala called Shannon to tell him not to worry and reiterated her faith in him. Shalala also took the unusual step of calling angry fans who had sent her nasty e-mails to complain. She has consistently defended Shannon, publicly and privately, and UM's administration did not blame Shannon for Saturday's loss largely because of the injury to Jacory Harris. A Board of Trustee member said Saturday that Shannon's job is not in jeopardy and he is expected to return next season.

idiots. how did these people make their money bc they lack rational thinking? and blake james is as underqualified and as clueless as golden.

Your outlook sounds a lot like Bobby knight's definition of rape... "well, if it's happening and you're powerless to do anything about it, you may as well sit back and try to enjoy it"

Defeatism. Passivism. Weakness. Victim. Pathetic.

Your outlook sounds a lot like Bobby knight's definition of rape... "well, if it's happening and you're powerless to do anything about it, you may as well sit back and try to enjoy it"

Defeatism. Passivism. Weakness. Victim. Pathetic.

Advertisement
Back