UM spent $220 million on research in 2016

Advertisement
bingo.

miami has had such a warped vision of itself where the football program was wiped away bc they were afraid it would soil their precious mediocre academic reputation.
It depends on the field. In law the school can mean a lot, especially for your first job.

Advertisement
It depends on the field. In law the school can mean a lot, especially for your first job.

Very true. But the school hasn’t tried to totally disassociate itself from he football program’s historic past and SuntanU because they want to churn out more good little lawyers.

It's weird how employers care about things like academics more than football, huh? Good thing I suppose. Imagine every management position filled with insufferable SEC grads.

I graduated in 93......I have yet to hear any of my classmates.....or any other year's classmates discuss the academic standing of UM at any point since I have left school. Not ******* one. Stop with the made up BS that kids actually give a **** about the schools academic ranking. A few dopes in the admin and a few more like you run circles around the stadium reminding how great it is to have such a prestigious degree while the football team is getting kicked around the ACC.

It's the last "call" you make before Ga Tech shoves those fabulous rankings up your narrow ***.

U can tell who didnt go to the school or go to college period. Getting mad at a school for spending money to improve their academic standing is stupid. We all want to win football games but for the ppl who paid for degrees belittling the value of it is stupid. UM isnt my alma mater but i would have a problem if my university spent all the money on football and not research. Its called balance and UM’s balance is just off in the budgeting in my opinion.

I graduated in 93......I have yet to hear any of my classmates.....or any other year's classmates discuss the academic standing of UM at any point since I have left school. Not ******* one. Stop with the made up BS that kids actually give a **** about the schools academic ranking. A few dopes in the admin and a few more like you run circles around the stadium reminding how great it is to have such a prestigious degree while the football team is getting kicked around the ACC.

It's the last "call" you make before Ga Tech shoves those fabulous rankings up your narrow ***.
You seem nice.

I've heard several discussions of college rankings over the years, but I have occasion to work with HR a lot.

It's also worth pointing out that if the university dropped football, it would continue to function just fine. Football is not the reason they exist so a little perspective might do you well here.

Advertisement
LOL at acting like UM is anything but suntan U. Its not an academic institution, its barely ranked ahead of Bama. Its not even UGA good. Just stop, you sound like a fool if you think Miami and its 60k a year tuition and mediocre degree is anything but a football program with a **** school attached.

Might be the dumbest comment ever made on the Board.

UM was ranked #50 two years ago in US News and World Report.

The school just raised $2B over two campaigns and boasts a top-50 Med School, Aeronautical Engineering program, a solid MBA program and a $200B biotech center. It is located in one of the ten most recognized cities in the world and Miami is the second most "international" city in the world next to globally according to the World Bank.

UM is becoming elite. It could be the next Emory or BC.

Advertisement
Back