UM spent $220 million on research in 2016

Our problem isn't funding.

We are paying an under qualified loser close to 4 million dollars a year, and his equally inept loser Offensive Coordinator a million plus.

Doesn't matter how much you're willing to spend if you don't know how to identify or evaluate properly.

Advertisement
oh how so few understand, or even took, ECON 101.

goodness gracious.

for the 1,897,345,264,001th time...

Miami is not as well heeled in the Athletic Department as some would think. No excuse for current state of suck, but still.

Also, Texas and Ok State have essentially unlimited budgets, Aggies not far behind...

how is that working out?
Better than Miami.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Miami can't use that money on athletics. Has to be revenue generated from athletics and donations TO the athletic department.

Correct. Donations are tricky. When you’re a not for profit, and a donation comes in and it is ear marked by the donor for a specific purpose it cannot be used for anything else. How many alumni do you think actually care about football and say here’s money you can only use on football? Not many I’d say outside of the big donors you hear about helping complete major projects.

Last edited:
this fanbase is why i hate it. half of them dont give a **** about the actual school. you do realize miami isnt just a pro football team (barely jv at this point). its a school first. go root for LSU, Bama if you dont give a **** about the academics and other facets of a university. spending on research has absolutely nothing to do with football

Advertisement
Correct. Donations are tricky. When you’re a mom for profit, and a donation comes in and it is ear marked by the donor for a specific purpose it cannot be used for anything else. How many alumni do you think actually care about football and say here’s money you can only use on football? Not many I’d say outside of the big donors you hear about helping complete major projects.

bingo. if any of these fans actually attended the school, theyd know that most of their friends that they graduate with leave the city and never come back outside of vacations. most barely watch canes games or even attend outside of 1-2 every few years when their friends are in town. it is what it is. we dont have the booster network that other big time programs do (need more soffers). its why ill say that we WILLL NEVER spend on coaching that other programs do that we wanna compete with. we just dont have the booster network or the fanbase to really support it. take uf for example -- theyve hired **** coach after **** coach since urban (aside from DM) and thye have unlimited funds. they can get away with it bc theyll usually always go after top candidates bc they can afford it (they pay mullen 6.6). when you make a mill or so per home game and have a huge booster base, you can afford to make mistakes bc youre always in the running for the top tier candidates. miami isnt bc we dont compete on a salary basis. we have to hit on the risers (the way OU did with riley or OSU with day so far (tho the team is loaded)). we need to fire blake first and go after the UCF ad as someone on here mentioned. hes done more with less over there.

bingo. if any of these fans actually attended the school, theyd know that most of their friends that they graduate with leave the city and never come back outside of vacations. most barely watch canes games or even attend outside of 1-2 every few years when their friends are in town. it is what it is. we dont have the booster network that other big time programs do (need more soffers).

Need more you and I’s fam. Always wanted to be in a position to really drive change in the Athletic Department.

Advertisement
all you have to do is take a stroll around the stadium during tailgate and you'll figure it out really quick. collective iq of the stadium is around room temperature.

1571669962672.png

Since when is "better than where we are now" the standard? You people claim to want championships, then blow up freaking Oklahoma State and their unlimited budget just because they are "better than us".
I'm willing to bet that OSU will win a conference title before Miami.

Advertisement
Correct. Donations are tricky. When you’re a not for profit, and a donation comes in and it is ear marked by the donor for a specific purpose it cannot be used for anything else. How many alumni do you think actually care about football and say here’s money you can only use on football? Not many I’d say outside of the big donors you hear about helping complete major projects.

Shalala forbid a “football only” fund. There literally was no way to donate to the football program for at least a decade if not longer.

Advertisement
this fanbase is why i hate it. half of them dont give a **** about the actual school. you do realize miami isnt just a pro football team (barely jv at this point). its a school first. go root for LSU, Bama if you dont give a **** about the academics and other facets of a university. spending on research has absolutely nothing to do with football

LOL at acting like UM is anything but suntan U. Its not an academic institution, its barely ranked ahead of Bama. Its not even UGA good. Just stop, you sound like a fool if you think Miami and its 60k a year tuition and mediocre degree is anything but a football program with a **** school attached.

LOL at acting like UM is anything but suntan U. Its not an academic institution, its barely ranked ahead of Bama. Its not even UGA good. Just stop, you sound like a fool if you think Miami and its 60k a year tuition and mediocre degree is anything but a football program with a **** school attached.

ok. those rankings are kinda meaningless, but if were going this route then it was top 50 my years there. the year i left, it was in the top 40s. it absolutely is an academic institution considering its a ******* university. take your bull**** elsewhere.

out of curiosity, whered you graduate from (that is if you even attended college)?

Barely ahead of Alabama? Miami is #57, Alabama is #153. Ease up on the hyperbole a little bit.

Advertisement
Back