UM spent $220 million on research in 2016

Advertisement
Did anyone read the article? Y'all see a big number and assume they have money burn, but they lost $70 million dollars.

If you want a school that spends on football and neglects education, root for LSU.

Advertisement
Did anyone read the article? Y'all see a big number and assume they have money burn, but they lost $70 million dollars.

If you want a school that spends on football and neglects education, root for LSU.

oh how so few understand, or even took, ECON 101.

goodness gracious.

for the 1,897,345,264,001th time...

Miami is not as well heeled in the Athletic Department as some would think. No excuse for current state of suck, but still.

Also, Texas and Ok State have essentially unlimited budgets, Aggies not far behind...

how is that working out?

People on here don't read past the headline/first comment. It's all about jumping to conclusions. That's how we millennial's work. Where's my trophy?

Advertisement
https://www.bizjournals.com/southfl...university-of-miami-loses-70m-investment.html
UM’s operating expenses increased to $2.83 million, from $2.69 billion. Compensation and benefit expenses rose 6.3 percent. UM also spent $220 million on research.
I’m not defending the university at all, but do some research and put into context all of the numbers

Research is funded by and large by grants:
“Grants and contracts increased to $508 million, from $477 million. The medical school accounted for about 80 percent of that revenue.”

I still say fire Manny but understand the context of the numbers

The bigger point of the article was how much they had invested in foreign markets and long term debt that they either had to pay fees to unwind SWAPS or prepays on loans

I would consider rootin* for the purple and gold team but I can’t spell their name.

Advertisement
We want to be Duke while Duke wants to be what we once were.

Duke BoT has zero desire or plan to be Natty competitive in CFB.

They just happen to have a coach who can, well, coach.

Put Cutliffe in a major SEC power and watch the f[]ck out.

Only thing is I suspect he is too principled to bend or break rules.

The money that the big schools get for football comes from the boosters, really rich ones that care about winning football games, plus Miami a private school the state of florida won't fund us if we wanted to build a stadium or practice facility

Advertisement
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Miami can't use that money on athletics. Has to be revenue generated from athletics and donations TO the athletic department.

Advertisement
Back