UM spent $220 million on research in 2016

ok. those rankings are kinda meaningless, but if were going this route then it was top 50 my years there. the year i left, it was in the top 40s. it absolutely is an academic institution considering its a ******* university. take your bull**** elsewhere.

out of curiosity, whered you graduate from (that is if you even attended college)?

its 60k a year for a bachelors degree that carries ZERO and i mean ZERO weight.

Miami is best known for its football program. Acting like it is some destination for the country’s top minds is just laughable.

Advertisement
Did anyone read the article? Y'all see a big number and assume they have money burn, but they lost $70 million dollars.

If you want a school that spends on football and neglects education, root for LSU.

I said the same thing.....nothing makes me feel better after a loss to Ga Tech or a hard fought battle against CM than knowing Miami's academic standing is better than Bama, LSU or just about any dominate team out there.

To know Miami is "smarter" even when getting destroyed on the field is a game changer for most of us. Most fans really wear that pride more so than having a competitive football program.

Miami is best known for its football program. Acting like it is some destination for the country’s top minds is just laughable.

Zero weight? Again, ease up on the hyperbole.

I said the same thing.....nothing makes me feel better after a loss to Ga Tech or a hard fought battle against CM than knowing Miami's academic standing is better than Bama, LSU or just about any dominate team out there.

To know Miami is "smarter" even when getting destroyed on the field is a game changer for most of us. Most fans really wear that pride more so than having a competitive football program.

The word is "dominant", think tank. But please tell us more about how you don't care about academics. We couldn't tell.

The word is "dominant", think tank. But please tell us more about how you don't care about academics. We couldn't tell.

That's all you got buddy? A typo?

You're that "guy" aren't you? The douche who sits in his private suite cheering all the academic "success" at the school while watching the AD **** on itself.

Advertisement

lol you know absolutely nothing about the weight it carries. it isnt harvard, but it isnt a **** school like you claim it to be. also, maybe study a bit harder in hs and you wouldve gotten a scholarship to avoid paying full price

It's weird how employers care about things like academics more than football, huh? Good thing I suppose. Imagine every management position filled with insufferable SEC grads.

It's weird how employers care about things like academics more than football, huh? Good thing I suppose. Imagine every management position filled with insufferable SEC grads.

part of it, most of the fans never attended or stepped foot on campus. they dont give a **** about the other side of the school (non athletics). to the rest of us that did attend, its about the athletics, the academics bc the schools academic standing does selfishly help us, and the experiences weve had there

Advertisement
part of it, most of the fans never attended or stepped foot on campus. they dont give a **** about the other side of the school (non athletics). to the rest of us that did attend, its about the athletics, the academics bc the schools academic standing does selfishly help us, and the experiences weve had there

But I just heard our degrees have ZERO weight.

But I just heard our degrees have ZERO weight.

this is where i like original gator hater or w.e. his handle is. hes in the NYC area and will tell you how much weight it holds compared to those schools the fool posted

Duke BoT has zero desire or plan to be Natty competitive in CFB.

They just happen to have a coach who can, well, coach.

Put Cutliffe in a major SEC power and watch the f[]ck out.

Only thing is I suspect he is too principled to bend or break rules.

wasnt cutty at Ole miss lol

Most degrees have 0 weight. Most employers don’t care if you graduated from Miami, Auburn, or Webster College as long as you graduated.
Now, an Ivy League school does carry some weight. Harvard, Yale, Duke, Stanford. Some, but keep in mind I look for experience more-so than where you went to school.

Advertisement
For 90% of positions, a degree has value until you have experience, then that takes precedence. But that doesn't completely negate the value when positions require a degree.

The first time you get turned down for not having one is the last time you think they have no weight.

LOL at acting like UM is anything but suntan U. Its not an academic institution, its barely ranked ahead of Bama. Its not even UGA good. Just stop, you sound like a fool if you think Miami and its 60k a year tuition and mediocre degree is anything but a football program with a **** school attached.

Miami is #57. Alabama is #153. Miami tuition is $51K. Alabama out of state is $30K. Most of my son's engineering classes have less than 20 kids. His Physic 2 class had 100 which is his largest class since he got to Miami.

Duke BoT has zero desire or plan to be Natty competitive in CFB.

They just happen to have a coach who can, well, coach.

Put Cutliffe in a major SEC power and watch the f[]ck out.

Only thing is I suspect he is too principled to bend or break rules.
This is 100% accurate.

Advertisement
Most degrees have 0 weight. Most employers don’t care if you graduated from Miami, Auburn, or Webster College as long as you graduated.
Now, an Ivy League school does carry some weight. Harvard, Yale, Duke, Stanford. Some, but keep in mind I look for experience more-so than where you went to school.

bingo.

miami has had such a warped vision of itself where the football program was wiped away bc they were afraid it would soil their precious mediocre academic reputation.

Right, so people should quit claiming that our standard is to win titles. All you really want is to go 9-3.

I never said i want the canes to go 9-3. And I would appreciate it if you stopped trying to put words in my mouth.

Maybe the standard is 9-3 at Hecht but not to me.

**Edit**
Actually, you know what, since the university should drop football, maybe we should cut our expectations back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back