UM Preliminary Plan for ReOpening Campus in August

From the outside looking in, seems like a reasonable plan with contingencies for what may arise when students return to campus. At least Frenk is getting a plan in place now and not waiting too long and having to scramble to get things done. Frenk's background in public health should be an asset but his affiliation with WHO and the Gates may be a red flag.

There's 3 months or so until students would return to campus and about 4 months until CFB game 1. What happens the next couple of months will obviously give us a better picture of what we can and can't do come August.

Advertisement
Whats the plan for away games. Flying? How about packing into busses on the ride to the stadium? Or staying in hotels?

They dont have a plan. If the cfb season starts it will be over quickly with a mass of of players testing positive, some will die and some will have permanent injury. Face the facts and stop drinking hope flavored kool aid.

You are right about there being no plan and no realistic way to have a season. That's because your hysterical view point is still shared by a majority of the population.

That 70k number is nothing more than a moving target and scare tactic being used to further squash yours and my rights. What’s more breath taking is there are still people running around belching out these numbers as if they are pure fact...

States are operating. Why aren’t people dropping dead on the streets like flies?? Why aren’t hospitals overrun?

It’s really simple at this point. Open and operate normally everywhere. And if you aren’t comfortable operating in the environment, stay home. You just proved you could do it.. economic hardships be damned!
What dos that mean "moving target"?

Its not just the numbers, it is the uncertainty of Covid19. They just don't know enough about it to proceed as normal. We have 100+ years of experience dealing with the flu. We know how it works and we can create projections.

From the outside looking in, seems like a reasonable plan with contingencies for what may arise when students return to campus. At least Frenk is getting a plan in place now and not waiting too long and having to scramble to get things done. Frenk's background in public health should be an asset but his affiliation with WHO and the Gates may be a red flag.

There's 3 months or so until students would return to campus and about 4 months until CFB game 1. What happens the next couple of months will obviously give us a better picture of what we can and can't do come August.

You need to start practicing a good month before game 1. I don't see how that gets off the ground.

You need to start practicing a good month before game 1. I don't see how that gets off the ground.
Yea, I've heard 4 weeks as the bogey for teams to be able to get ready. That would put them in the first week of August. Is that enough time? 3 months out - time will tell.

Advertisement
Yea, I've heard 4 weeks as the bogey for teams to be able to get ready. That would put them in the first week of August. Is that enough time? 3 months out - time will tell.

I don't need to wait 3 months to know it's not going to work. "If it's not safe enough for fans, it's not safe enough for players, coaches, refs." Remember those words because you are going to be hearing it a lot as sports are cancelled this year.

I love people who continue to make this comment.

There were 34k Flu deaths in the 2018 to 2019 fly season without a national lock down

We're currently sitting at 70kish with a national lock down.

The logic at face value is truly breathtaking to behold.

8k 'assumed' without a positive test in NY alone. People dying of heart attacks coded as COVID because they tested positive. Color me skeptical of that number.

Advertisement
I don't need to wait 3 months to know it's not going to work. "If it's not safe enough for fans, it's not safe enough for players, coaches, refs." Remember those words because you are going to be hearing it a lot as sports are cancelled this year.
I think the difference is sports teams will have a lot less people to monitor than a stadium or arena packed with thousands of fans. One main question will be if it's justifiable to have games with no fans in the seats or with other provisions in place. I'm taking things one day at a time as I'm not confident in the projections I'm seeing from the "experts".

I think the difference is sports teams will have a lot less people to monitor than a stadium or arena packed with thousands of fans. One main question will be if it's justifiable to have games with no fans in the seats or with other provisions in place. I'm taking things one day at a time as I'm not confident in the projections I'm seeing from the "experts".

The majority of P5 programs revenue comes from ticket sales. The opposite is true of the NFL. NFL can make it work ...NCAA cannot.

I hope it works out. I don't see it happening though.

Advertisement
My guess is they will delay the season until they can have fans in the stands. Too much money at issue. Hopefully, the NFL moves back the draft so there are no conflicts there.

Maybe the season runs January through April, draft in June. Push NSD to May for non-early enrollees.

Agree with DMoney. Somewhat hard to see the season starting on time. His timeline looks reasonable. Crazy hard to get the entire country aligned as well.

Advertisement
I love people who continue to make this comment.

There were 34k Flu deaths in the 2018 to 2019 fly season without a national lock down

We're currently sitting at 70kish with a national lock down.

The logic at face value is truly breathtaking to behold.
These are the MAGA-loid Lysol IV drip crew. They're happy that their Supreme Leader is currently in a twitter feud with Jimmy Kimmel, a TV host.

They're entirely too dim to comprehend that we've had 70K people die in two months even with an unprecedented lockdown while half that amount dies from the flu with NO LOCKDOWN. The original projections on this virus, often quoted by their Supreme Leader, was that over 1M US citizens would have died but for the lockdown. Just like the flu though bro!!!

Advertisement
Back