UM Preliminary Plan for ReOpening Campus in August

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Lengthy article but a very good read. No panic from the Administration. They seem to have a very thorough plan.

https://www.themiamihurricane.com/2...k-outlines-his-plan-for-a-return-this-fall-2/

With regard to the football season, this is what Frenk said:

Other large gatherings, such as sporting events, may proceed but with empty stadiums. UM’s football season is set to start on Sept. 5 against the Temple Owls on home turf at Hard Rock Stadium. However, the reality of this is still up in the air.

“I do think we’ll be able to save the season,” Frenk said, but students and fans might have to cheer from afar with ESPN’s ACC channel rather than in the stands.

Advertisement
Dude probably has some boys over at ESPN and the ACC network.

Can someone tell me how a death rate of .1-.3 (similar to the flu) is keeping fans out? 21% of new yorkers had the anti body two weeks ago! ****, it might be 40% now.

I hate a sheep.
miniGif_20200505230603.gif

but..but...but

Advertisement
Lengthy article but a very good read. No panic from the Administration. They seem to have a very thorough plan.

https://www.themiamihurricane.com/2...k-outlines-his-plan-for-a-return-this-fall-2/

With regard to the football season, this is what Frenk said:

Other large gatherings, such as sporting events, may proceed but with empty stadiums. UM’s football season is set to start on Sept. 5 against the Temple Owls on home turf at Hard Rock Stadium. However, the reality of this is still up in the air.

“I do think we’ll be able to save the season,” Frenk said, but students and fans might have to cheer from afar with ESPN’s ACC channel rather than in the stands.

I will cheer from my house but you all are going to give me back my money, right?

Frenk is supposedly an infectious disease expert, so I'd like to ask him what the plan is when (not if) a player/coach/staff member of UM or UM's opponent tests positive before a game. The only way the season gets played is if sometime between now and September a miracle treatment emerges and people stop caring if somebody tests positive for Covid. I don't see that happening.

As soon as you hear about playing in empty stadiums, it's not happening at all. If it's not safe for the fans, it's not safe for the players/coaches/staff.

Last edited:
Frenk is supposedly an infectious disease expert, so I'd like to ask him what the plan is when (not if) a player/coach/staff member of UM or UM's opponent tests positive before a game. The only way the season gets played is if sometime between now and September a miracle treatment emerges and people stop caring if somebody tests positive for Covid. I don't see that happening.

As soon you hear about playing in empty stadiums, it's not happening at all. If it's not safe for the fans, it's not safe for the players/coaches/staff.
Interestingly enough, he’s become the acting CEO of the entire UM health system since the previous one resigned right when Covid became a big deal.

I believe this will be Frenk’s position once his current contract ends as president, and it’s a job he’s better suited for anyway tbh.

Interestingly enough, he’s become the acting CEO of the entire UM health system since the previous one resigned right when Covid became a big deal.

I believe this will be Frenk’s position once his current contract ends as president, and it’s a job he’s better suited for anyway tbh.

He has a legacy of mediocrity as president. Mediocre academics, mediocre athletics. The only thing elite is the sticker price.

Advertisement
You telling me that the stadium has to bee completely empty?
I will cheer from my house but you all are going to give me back my money, right?
If they don't give your money back, call Morgan & Morgan. Good class action suit.

Advertisement
Whats the plan for away games. Flying? How about packing into busses on the ride to the stadium? Or staying in hotels?

They dont have a plan. If the cfb season starts it will be over quickly with a mass of of players testing positive, some will die and some will have permanent injury. Face the facts and stop drinking hope flavored kool aid.

Whats the plan for away games. Flying? How about packing into busses on the ride to the stadium? Or staying in hotels?

They dont have a plan. If the cfb season starts it will be over quickly with a mass of of players testing positive, some will die and some will have permanent injury. Face the facts and stop drinking hope flavored kool aid.

Oh FFS.

Please stop and take this back to where protected chicken littles and hysterics roam in the COVID OT forum.

Advertisement
Dude probably has some boys over at ESPN and the ACC network.

Can someone tell me how a death rate of .1-.3 (similar to the flu) is keeping fans out? 21% of new yorkers had the anti body two weeks ago! ****, it might be 40% now.

I hate a sheep.

I love people who continue to make this comment.

There were 34k Flu deaths in the 2018 to 2019 flu season without a national lock down

We're currently sitting at 70kish with a national lock down.

The logic at face value is truly breathtaking to behold.

Last edited:
I love people who continue to make this comment.

There were 34k Flu deaths in the 2018 to 2019 fly season without a national lock down

We're currently sitting at 70kish with a national lock down.

The logic at face value is truly breathtaking to behold.

That 70k number is nothing more than a moving target and scare tactic being used to further squash yours and my rights. What’s more breath taking is there are still people running around belching out these numbers as if they are pure fact...

States are operating. Why aren’t people dropping dead on the streets like flies?? Why aren’t hospitals overrun?

It’s really simple at this point. Open and operate normally everywhere. And if you aren’t comfortable operating in the environment, stay home. You just proved you could do it.. economic hardships be damned!

Advertisement
Back