UM players at the combine numbers/projections

Artie burns is an intriguing prospect, very good speed, length and ball skills. Has the prototype size of a NFL corner. The best thing about him is that he is no where near his ceiling. He's raw at CB with this being only his 3rd year playing and he has improved leaps and bounds every year he has played the position. Will be late 1st/ early second pick. On tape he is just as good as any of these corners
Most of what I have heard has said his tape was horrible. Just because he had a lot of interceptions doesn't mean his tape is any good. I remember a lot of very bad plays from him last season.

Nobody on this defense had good film last year. That's why keep saying slow down on the corn talk. There wasn't one player on defense last year that stood out.

You saw flashes from bush, burns, chad, aqm, carter, corn, norton, and grace. But not one of those guys was good every week.

Burns technique is sloppy and he is very grabby. If he plays as a rookie, he will likely get called a lot for pi.
And he's high on his back pedal, which give him a high center of gravity which doesn't for a fluid change of direction. That's basically means he'll get burned on Go's, verts, Posts, and corner routes a lot but idk who's been working with but I didn't see that at all today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea he not a safety, the only person I've seen more fluid was Patrick Peterson

Yet R. Scott ate his lunch for most of the F$U game. We went right at him and didn't give a **** who he was.
yea he did lol that was his best game btw lol

Scott went for over a 100 and had a TD. I'll take that against a kid that supposed to be the best CB in the country. I think Ramsey's a great player but felt it was important to point out that we went at him and mad him look human for most of the game.
Nearly all of those yards were on a fluke play

Don't take away the moral victory, that is all some people have.

Artie burns is an intriguing prospect, very good speed, length and ball skills. Has the prototype size of a NFL corner. The best thing about him is that he is no where near his ceiling. He's raw at CB with this being only his 3rd year playing and he has improved leaps and bounds every year he has played the position. Will be late 1st/ early second pick. On tape he is just as good as any of these corners
Most of what I have heard has said his tape was horrible. Just because he had a lot of interceptions doesn't mean his tape is any good. I remember a lot of very bad plays from him last season.
It's not horrible it's average...I wish he could've waited a year he did way better than expected but Cyrus jones and William Jackson blew it out the water that it'll be hard for him to get into the first, not impossible, but really hard

Cyrus Jones and William Jackson??

Those two are mid to late round picks...and cant hold arties jock.

Artie might be gone in the back of the 1st rd..early 2nd depending on cb run...

It's not horrible it's average...I wish he could've waited a year he did way better than expected but Cyrus jones and William Jackson blew it out the water that it'll be hard for him to get into the first, not impossible, but really hard

Jackson is rising up draft boards fast. Won't be shocked if he ends up in the 2nd round. Mike mayock has jones as one of the top 5 cb in the draft.

CaneScott with another negative post about a Miami player? I'm shocked.

We miss you on the basketball board telling everyone how much our team sucks and how overrated we are this year. Don't go running and hiding now dude

Advertisement

Jackson is rising up draft boards fast. Won't be shocked if he ends up in the 2nd round. Mike mayock has jones as one of the top 5 cb in the draft.
Jackson was a high two before the day started

https://bamahammer.com/2016/02/29/cyrus-jones-takes-his-turn-at-the-nfl-combine/

Action Jackson: Combine effort might vault corner into top round - NFL.com

NFL Combine Takeaways: William Jackson makes first-round case - CBSSports.com

Eli Apple had a really good day as well

Lol since when has NFL scouts ever had a clue what a NFL player looks like? The fact this bs about "the tape" is so important to scouts no wonder they get it wrong more times than not. Smh

If ur a good player playing for a good team, ur tape is going to look much better than a good player playing under Golden, Dorito, and Paul Williams. Does that mean that player A is a much better prospect? **** no... You can easily draft players with less talent and less potential over someone else whose better if all u went off of was tape.

On a different scale same can be said for Tracy Howard. Most of these nobody's who were invited to the combine suck running a 4.7 from nowhere state university and I'm suppose to care that there tape may be better than Tracy's?? Gtfoh they still aren't better NFL prospects than him regardless.

I'm sure Sam Shields "tape" was awful compared to every average Joe that was invited to the NFL combine that year instead of him... But where are they now compared to Sam Shields?

Last edited:
Lol since when has NFL scouts ever had a clue what a NFL player looks like? The fact this bs about "the tape" is so important to scouts no wonder they get it wrong more times than not. Smh

If ur a good player playing for a good team, ur tape is going to look much better than a good player playing under Golden, Dorito, and Paul Williams. Does that mean that player A is a much better prospect? **** no... You can easily draft players with less talent and less potential over someone else whose better if all u went off of was tape.

On a different scale same can be said for Tracy Howard. Most of these nobody's who were invited to the combine suck running a 4.7 from nowhere state university and I'm suppose to care that there tape may be better than Tracy's?? Gtfoh they still aren't better NFL prospects than him regardless.

I'm sure Sam Shields "tape" was awful compared to every average Joe that was invited to the NFL combine that year instead of him... But where are they now compared to Sam Shields?
Enough with the crap about our old coaches making all these great players look like garbage. Maybe some of them like Tracy were just garbage no matter what.

Advertisement

I saw nothing from Cyrus Jones this year that made me believe he is a better prospect then Artie besides the fact that one played for ALA and the other played for UM...if Artie had never flipped his commitment from ALA and stayed there he would be a top 10 pick. Golden and Dno cost him a couple Ms.

I saw nothing from Cyrus Jones this year that made me believe he is a better prospect then Artie besides the fact that one played for ALA and the other played for UM...if Artie had never flipped his commitment from ALA and stayed there he would be a top 10 pick. Golden and Dno cost him a couple Ms.
lol keep dreaming man

Actually, Cyrus Jones' numbers were disappointing. Artie did fine. His vertical was okay. Go look at Hargreaves' numbers. That kid is a flipping stud. His vertical, broad and shuttle are crazy. A 4.5 flat is a really good time for a kid that thick. Plus, he's a smart kid.

lol keep dreaming man

So you are saying that the best DB coach probably EVER (Nick Saban) would have not developed Artie Burns (a virtual prototype for the position 6'0 195 4.4 speed) better then the worst DB coach we have ever had here? (Paul Williams)

Shrug...okay.

Advertisement
You said top 10 pick.

Now you changed your stance to Saban developing him better than Paul Williams. That's a no brainer.

You said top 10 pick.

Now you changed your stance to Saban developing him better than Paul Williams. That's a no brainer.

Lol. Okay. Ill play along..Yes, Artie Burns would have been a top 10 pick if he had the coaching of the best DB coach of our era. The **** is **** near about to be a 1st round pick with NO coaching. This hype is mostly based on his potential. He is a prototype at DB. Not sure why this is such a head scratcher for some of you.

CaneScott with another negative post about a Miami player? I'm shocked.

We miss you on the basketball board telling everyone how much our team sucks and how overrated we are this year. Don't go running and hiding now dude
Go read a break down on his draft stock... literally every one I have seen has pointed out his tape being bad.

I literally never once said our basketball team sucks or that we are overrated. Literally every week I say we are ranked right where would should be. Im just not part of the cry babies who complain that we are under ranked every week or that we get no love from the media. Sorry I dont share in your combined victim complex.

Advertisement

lol keep dreaming man

So you are saying that the best DB coach probably EVER (Nick Saban) would have not developed Artie Burns (a virtual prototype for the position 6'0 195 4.4 speed) better then the worst DB coach we have ever had here? (Paul Williams)

Shrug...okay.
What happened to top 10 pick?

lol keep dreaming man

Shrug...okay.
What happened to top 10 pick?
it's average, not bad. If he had bad tape he wouldn't have been projected to be a high round pick.

Actually, Cyrus Jones' numbers were disappointing. Artie did fine. His vertical was okay. Go look at Hargreaves' numbers. That kid is a flipping stud. His vertical, broad and shuttle are crazy. A 4.5 flat is a really good time for a kid that thick. Plus, he's a smart kid.
yea but he absolutely murdered the on field drills and that's what matter. He actually tested the way they thought he would test measurement wise

Advertisement
Back