UM players at the combine numbers/projections

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
official times and numbers, will update as I get info

the projections come from a poll involving my father and his friends that are in Indy

Saturday: QB, WR, TE

Rashawn Scott

Ht: 6'1

Wt:199

Hands: 9 3/8"

Arm Length: 31 3/8"

40 time: N/A..sat it out

Broad jump: 9 feet 8"

Vertical jump: 32 1/2"

Bench: 17...surprising

Projection: 6th/7th round, lack of production some believe due to scheme, but some think he doesn't separate/isn't physical enough. All agree on poor hands...needs a good combine

Post Combine afterthought: He caught the ball well, had decent routes all day, good bench, and an average broad jump. He was a borderline 6th/7th rounder but I think he solidified himself being drafted and if he has a good pro day and run around 4.5, he can put himself in the fifth round. Probably won't go higher than that because of the lack of production.

Sunday: DL, LB

Raphael Kirby

Ht: 6'0

Wt: 236

Hands: 9 7/8"

Arm length: 31"

40 time: N/A

Broad jump: N/A

Vertical jump: N/A

Bench: 27...impressive for a smaller guy, 2nd best of all LBs

Projection: Undrafted, TORN ACL all I need to say, plus he's only started 19 games and most of the LB's there have been starters for 3-4 years

Ufomba Kamalu

Ht: 6'5

Wt: 295

Hands: 10"

Arm length: 35"

40 time: 5.01 official

Broad jump: 25"...average is around 28

Vertical jump: 8 feet 8'...average

Bench: 26

projection: Undrafted, If he wasn't 6'5 and very athletic he wouldn't be in Indy. He has technique problems and extremely lacks production, mostly due to scheme but in his case it might have never made a difference.

Post combine afterthought: It's an absolute shame that he's a product of UM, not because he isn't talented but you can tell he needs to be coached up. He didn't wow anyone and he didn't do terrible but you can tell he was one of the worst linemen( technique-wise ) there.

Monday: DB

Artie Burns

Wt: 193

Hands: 9 1/2"

Arm length: 33 1/4

40 time: 4.46

Broad jump: no reports on his broad jump so N/A...don't know why either track guys usually do well in that drill

Vertical jump: 31.5...average is 33

Bench:

Projection: Late 1st/2nd round, Scouts love his length, speed, athleticism, hands, confidence to go against the other team's #1 and win, and that he isn't afraid to make a play. His knock is that he's too aggressive and even though he'll make plays the PI's he'll get called on him and how many times he'll potentially get burned over exceed the plays because he isn't the most technically sound guy. He'll be best suited going to a team where he'll get significant burn but won't have to start for a year or two.

Deon bush

Wt: 199

Hands: 9 1/4"

Arm length: 30 7/8

40 time: 4.64

Broad jump: 10 feet 4'...that's pretty good

Vertical jump: 36'...above average

Bench: 17...top performer, finished 3rd

Projection: 4th/5th, Deon doesn't pop off the screen. He doesn't make you say "who is that guy"( neither did Reshad jones which I compare him too) like you want dynamic safeties to do but that might be due to scheme and he missed a lot of tackles he should've made. He's also looks like a above average athlete on tape(might be due to scheme as well) in a safety class with a lot of good athletes in it. He can definitely rise if he has a good combine.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
yep this is one of the slower WR groups in recent history, that kid from mississippi st ran a 4.9. I bet scott would've run in the 4.5's which is respectable

yep this is one of the slower WR groups in recent history, that kid from mississippi st ran a 4.9. I bet scott would've run in the 4.5's which is respectable

You saw the diving catch he just made...he's improving his stock

Advertisement
Did anyone notice that none of our guys seem to be technically sound. Saw that and calling our scheme thrash.

Did anyone notice that none of our guys seem to be technically sound. Saw that and calling our scheme thrash.
Been the same for 3 years, the only exception has been the RBs, LBs and TE's,mas you would've seen with Rashawn Scott, His route running isn't clean, it's decent but not clean. Especially if you saw the Corner route where at the top of the route you're supposed to cut at a 45 to the sideline, he kinda just flipped to the sideline. That's weird for a guy who's had significant burn for 3 years

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know this is just shirts and shorts but Sandland looks good. We couldn't find something for him to do?

I know this is just shirts and shorts but Sandland looks good. We couldn't find something for him to do?

He couldn't beat out Walford and Cleveland. He does look the part which is why he was highly rated.

Advertisement

He couldn't beat out Walford and Cleveland. He does look the part which is why he was highly rated.
23 reps on 225
he was up and down, I can imagine he had a problem with consistency [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Let's be honest, did Beau really get a fair shot? I remember one play I believe against Cincy; granted, it was garbage time, but I recall he caught the ball and got an additional 5 yrds after contact and I just remember saying to myself 'this kid has soft hands and is tough.' He couldn't get out the dog house, and truth be told, we had a bunch of top rated talent fail under the old regime. Whatever Beau "lacked" in, why wasn't he coached up? I wouldn't be surprise if he winds up having a solid NFL career.

23 reps on 225
he was up and down, I can imagine he had a problem with consistency @DMoney

Let's be honest, did Beau really get a fair shot? I remember one play I believe against Cincy; granted, it was garbage time, but I recall he caught the ball and got an additional 5 yrds after contact and I just remember saying to myself 'this kid has soft hands and is tough.' He couldn't get out the dog house, and truth be told, we had a bunch of top rated talent fail under the old regime. Whatever Beau "lacked" in, why wasn't he coached up? I wouldn't be surprise if he winds up having a solid NFL career.

He did get a fair shot. Walford was just a much, much better player. Cleveland was a better blocker and could catch a little.

Sandland did have confidence issues, and I don't think we saw the best of him. But he was third-string because the other two guys played better.

Advertisement
Back