UM offers WR Evan Stewart

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had 140 yards on us
Garbage time when Miami went soft. Through 3 quarters he had like 40yds. Then there were these plays. 3rd and short. Caught a drag, chopped his steps, went laterally and got tackled. No 1st. Then they tried the orbit play we runnto George. Looked like he had the first but 2 defenders were coming to tackle him and he just stopped and got knocked out of bounds 6in short. They false start on the next play and settle for a fg. We would kill a wr if he did that. Then late in the 3th when they still had a chance he dropped a wide open 20 yard pass.

Look he is a good player with some nfl attributes but he hasn't proven to be that good. His ypc is around 12-13 For reference x is 13 and George is 15. 13 yards per catch doesn't say speedster to me.

I'd take him but no way am I offering a wr 1-2m. Tell me again who the qb is?

Advertisement
So no one thinks George is a good number one receiver?

George is a nice player who took a big step forward last season.

I'd feel a **** of a lot better about our offense's ceiling in 2024, though, if we landed a premier WR1 with early-round NFL talent through the portal to pair with George instead of possibly having Isaiah Horton as the other starting outside receiver.

I actually love our receiving core wish we could get Colby Young to stay. We were humming before Van Dyke started throwing INTS. And I do acknowledge some of the drops guys had.

Advertisement
I actually love our receiving core wish we could get Colby Young to stay. We were humming before Van Dyke started throwing INTS. And I do acknowledge some of the drops guys had.
Lol we had less drops all year than many pro teams. It happens to the best of them. Unless you’re Larry Fitz or Reggie Wayne

Garbage time when Miami went soft. Through 3 quarters he had like 40yds. Then there were these plays. 3rd and short. Caught a drag, chopped his steps, went laterally and got tackled. No 1st. Then they tried the orbit play we runnto George. Looked like he had the first but 2 defenders were coming to tackle him and he just stopped and got knocked out of bounds 6in short. They false start on the next play and settle for a fg. We would kill a wr if he did that. Then late in the 3th when they still had a chance he dropped a wide open 20 yard pass.

Look he is a good player with some nfl attributes but he hasn't proven to be that good. His ypc is around 12-13 For reference x is 13 and George is 15. 13 yards per catch doesn't say speedster to me.

I'd take him but no way am I offering a wr 1-2m. Tell me again who the qb is?

Like you said, if one of Miami's WRs had made the blunders Stewart did in that game the guys on this board would've run him out of town. Dude gained about 5,000 inches, though. I'll give him that.

Not saying he's not a take, if available. But let's not pretend he's something he hasn't proven to be yet.

Advertisement
I do. That kid been working with Goldfeet and you can see it is working out well. I expect him to have an exceptional year. He didn't get enough praise for how much he upgraded himself this year. I had him as most improved player on the team by a mile.
He our best returning offensive player. Think he will be Firsr Team all-ACC and a draft pick if he can continue to improve and stay focused. Oh and we can get him the ball….

I do. That kid been working with Goldfeet and you can see it is working out well. I expect him to have an exceptional year. He didn't get enough praise for how much he upgraded himself this year. I had him as most improved player on the team by a mile.
Facts. George was my “keep at all costs” from the group we have returning. He’s a difference maker

Would it hurt his development that much for him to be WR2 next year, and then move to WR1 when Stewart gets drafted?

Advertisement
Back